Author Topic: FeralHeart does not work for Windows 10?  (Read 7264 times)

Offline Dulcius

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
    • :: V a h r a n i i k ::
FeralHeart does not work for Windows 10?
« on: August 12, 2015, 11:05:13 pm »
I've heard a lot of bad things about the Windows 10 update, trust me.

But what made me get it? Needs of many sorts.

Now I'm seriously regretting the upgrade.
FeralHeart crashes right after the OpenGL window. ;; Please help?
Find me as Indicinis on FeralHeart / Kik / DeviantArt / Skype 8)

Offline Azonia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • We only regret the choices we didn't take.
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart does not work for Windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 08:22:57 am »
My friend has been telling me (She recently updated to Windows 10) that they've created a new virus protector. Games like FH are not compatible with Windows 10 apparently. Although this might not be true (I don't have it because I don't really like the sound of Windows 10). Maybe there could be a way of removing this virus protector and I hope someone who does know how to help you replies because I'm not quite sure how to disable it! Hope this helped! (:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:24:57 am by Azonia »

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 12:01:58 am »
I have Windows 10, honestly I have never had anything wrong. Neither has any of my friends. I would run a few scans on your PC, check your firewalls, also check your processes to see what may be open that you've never seen before. Another good method is to go into control panel, and into the uninstall area. See what's been previously updated or even added. New firewall software should be looked at closely to see if it's from windows or such, or if there are any other weird applications that you've never seen before.

It could be a variation of a virus called "no access" which slowly blocks games, downloads, and other internet needed applications from working properly.

I have heard the rumors of various downloads of Windows 10 being hijacked by hackers and viruses, but I guess it's where you download it from, what the security on your PC is like, and other possible things. Basically, using precaution to ensure your PC is well protected.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 12:06:26 am »
As Owly said.
Run a few scans on your PC, otherwise, if you are still stumped try looking for programs that may be causing this in your computer.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 12:09:08 am by RebelEcho »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 01:05:50 pm »
Windows 10 is just a new fancier and improved Windows 8 with a few more new gadgets and interesting things.

Like mentioned above try getting a new anti-virus or a suited one to Windows 10 (really, anything should work, Windows 10 is literally a more organised template for office work if anything).

Also be sure that your firewall/anti-virus is not blocking the game, I know with some anti-viruses, they like to do just that and quite frankly it's annoying indeed.

But give it a try, make sure nothing you've done at the start of installing Windows 10 has effected anything, maybe even check online to see if Windows 10 has any tips for you and your online gameplay experience.

Goof luck to you, Caerulus~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline .Kiararaa.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • It's called Steam because it comes from Valve
    • View Profile
    • tumblr dot com
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 01:15:54 am »
I had an issue with the game crashing when I had Windows 8.1. I fixed it then, and it carried into Windows 10. Right click the .exe and go to properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and make it run as Windows 7. See if that works. Also, I had another issue where simply opening the exe file would run the program without many of the meshes. If you have this issue as well, Check Run as Admin under that same tab, then go to the Security tab and edit permissions so the full control option is checked. I hope this helped!
|Formerly known as KiarasBFF98|

Offline Dulcius

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
    • :: V a h r a n i i k ::
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 11:44:35 pm »
Danke for your help, everyone!

It seemed that Windows 10 in my laptop somehow didn't have several patches that help run games; but that issue has been resolved! 8)

The comments definitely helped too- I've downloaded a new Norton Viral-scan for the comp, which seems to be improving the laptop speed as well.

Once again, thank ye!
Find me as Indicinis on FeralHeart / Kik / DeviantArt / Skype 8)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 11:47:09 pm »
Glad to hear that the issue was resolved. I'll lock this topic since there's no other real reason to keep it open.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.