Author Topic: Notifications?  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Notifications?
« on: March 12, 2016, 01:45:16 am »
Ever find yourself multi-tasking while lounging around FH or roleplaying? Doing things such as drawing or browsing other windows or cooking(or is that just me?) I know it can never happen, but my thought is that it'd be so convenient and so nice if we could receive a notification such as a sound or a little symbol in our task bar when we receive a whisper or something of the likes.

Anyone else think this would greatly add to the FH experience if only it were possible?

You are amazing <3

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Notifications?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 07:02:20 am »
Although this sounds like a really nice idea; let me just point out that people would get rather annoyed by the notification being a sound system. Reason being that each map has a very large population of members; which means there is a very large proportion of the chat being taken up by users pressing Enter at once. If the chat notifications are to go off via sound for each post made, there'd be about 30 notifications per second. For both headphone and non-headphone users they'd find that extremely annoying, and when they have other things up that have sound notifications that would be both confusing and frustrating for the user.
I do love this idea, but personally if I had to choose between the two options I would definitely pick out the symbol notification on my taskbar, it would save me a lot of hassle.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:31:03 am »
I actually would really like that. I mean, yes it could get annoying but, say, maybe you could set notifications for certain things? Like, if you're in a party, set the notification sound to just party and so on and so forth. And you can turn the notifications off for local if you choose.

Preach

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 09:39:59 am »
I would like to have notifications especially for friends. It will allow me to see who added/accepted my request and who removed me from their friend list. Also, if might be annoying, there should be off button for the notifications.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 11:33:00 am »
Notifications sound like a wonderful idea. Maybe when you'd be able to toggle the notifications in your settings, such as turning them on/off, using them for whisper notifications, friend notifications, or deciding to have sound on them or not. And maybe, when you double click someone, in the same area where you're able to click Whisper or Add to Group for a person, there's a Notifications check box as well. To alert you whenever said person types a post, even for a specific chat.

Could go far with this idea. Hopefully it'll be possible one day.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 01:45:58 pm »
I'd love this to be a thing, even if it were just for the tab to start flashing or something (similar to how Skype does). I often multitask while using Feralheart, and I worry about missing a whisper or something. If this could be implemented, I'd definitely use it!

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 02:50:15 pm »
I agree this would turn out pretty great. I like to afk in game whenever I do homework incase anyone else pops online, and I've missed out entire conversations because of my multitasking.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 03:02:49 pm »
I do really like this idea. I always get whispered when I have another tab open, so it would be quite useful. Although, like said, it may get annoying, it would have an on/off button.

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline floof

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 04:22:03 pm »
This is a great idea! Being able to set the notification for certain chats would be really helpful. Especially since, I often do draw, or work on other things while playing FH.