Author Topic: Transparent preset question (please lock this!!)  (Read 848 times)

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
Transparent preset question (please lock this!!)
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:02:39 pm »
I have succeeded in making part of my preset transparent, but it didn't have the result I was expecting, which makes me think that I am missing something important.

To be more clear: I'm making a preset for a character who is missing one of their front leg and all of my google searches led me to transparent preset tutorials. However, it leaves the stub hollow, which is not very aesthetically pleasing.

I have seen presets were the legs were transparent, but the stubs' endings were solid rather than an entry point to the cold, empty shell of the FH models. I haven't found a single preset tutorial or code masterpost containing anything like this.

Can somebody put me on the right path?

Edit: I'm beginning to think that this was a fever dream and that no such code exists, in which case I'll stick to the hollow stub
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:23:22 pm by Rowlet »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Transparent preset question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:14:08 pm »
Not sure if this will resolve the situation for you, but I've found Feareh's tutorial on Transparent preset-making, and hope this will work out for you. >!CLICK ME!< If this doesn't help, I can always try and find more; unless someone beats me to it and helps you out better than I can. c:

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Transparent preset question
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 10:21:33 pm »
This is the tutorial that I used!! As it turns out my fevered mind tricked my into thinking that there was a more effective way to make missing limbs but all of my recent searches proved me wrong. I can't even find the image that convinced me in the first place.

Thanks for the help anyway, sorry for wasting your time with my foolishness lsdhvbj

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Transparent preset question (please lock this!!)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:26:22 pm »
Locking this as it looks like the problem has been resolved. c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.