Author Topic: .fho files on Mediafire... -.-  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
.fho files on Mediafire... -.-
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:56:19 am »
First of all, I'm just guessing that this is where this belongs... It's more of an internet thing...

I am one of those noob map-makers who just started downloading other peoples' meshes and using them. I do exactly what you are supposed to do after downloading them (I've talked to a lot of people about it) and everything exports just fine. However, I go to mediafire.com to upload my .fho files for others to use, but it always stops the upload or cannot verify the file. This has to be a problem with the FeralHeart system because of some key things:

~My computer is brand-spankin'-new, and there are no viruses or memory-overloads (whatever they're called =P)
~My internet connection is great
~The internet (and firefox) work on every other site and for .fhm, .fhs, etc, etc
~The .fho files aren't bigger than many of my other uploaded files

Again, I believe it has something to do with FeralHeart. There is nothing more I can do to fix this problem (as I am new at all this -3-), so somebody please help me! DX

P.S. Some of this might sound rude, but please don't take it that way. I'm just getting really frustrated about it.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: .fho files on Mediafire... -.-
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 05:39:18 am »
Have you tried uploading the files to something else like sendspace.com?
Former community manager of FeralHeart

CrystalSprint

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 03:20:15 pm »
Some file hosting sites might not allow proprietary formats (such as formats other than .iso, .zip, .rar) to be uploaded because they may have a higher risk of being malicious to their servers. They might also only allow certain formats so they can organize files. Some may require you to buy one of those accounts that you will never use.
In short, try putting your map in a .zip file, or another hosting site.
Dropbox is pretty good for linking files on your computer.
Again, I believe it has something to do with FeralHeart. There is nothing more I can do to fix this problem (as I am new at all this -3-), so somebody please help me! DX
I really doubt it has something to do with the feralheart Program, because it has no connection whatsoever to your internet browsers...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:31:49 pm by Tristam Cooke »

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:23:13 pm »
I tried other sites and made the file a .zip, but it still doesn't work. The download just... stops.

CrystalSprint

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 02:09:45 pm »
Hrm. Odd. Other than maybe try recompiling the files, I don't know what could be causing it then.

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 09:51:20 pm »
Do you think it would work if I emailed the file to someone else and they tried to upload it to mediafire?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 05:47:11 am »
If I were you I'd just put the files for the map in a .zip archive like anyone else.

Right click the files, choose send to zip archive. Upload the zip to the site.

That's really how everyone does it, either zip files or .rar

When you export maps you get more than 1 file anyways that the other user must have in order to play the map. It's much easier to just send 1 archived file that the users must unpack, instead of 5 or more files that every users must download 1 at a time.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

CrystalSprint

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 11:38:16 am »
It's much easier to just send 1 archived file that the users must unpack, instead of 5 or more files that every users must download 1 at a time.
Yes, I don't think most people would have the patience, considering how long it takes to download even one file without buying a stupid subscription you'll never use again, since everyone seems to use a different Hosting site.