Author Topic: Help me please!!  (Read 955 times)

Offline iiAwshumGurl

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Quit?
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt user
Help me please!!
« on: October 30, 2015, 10:10:57 pm »
I was going to add a drawing of my character Eclipse to my signature and when I clicked post it came up:
An Error Has Occurred!
Hacking attempt...

I don't understand?
I was only posting a picture  :'(
Drawn by me

I am best known for my OC, Eclipse ( as pictured above ) but also have for Venus ( as seen in my profile picture )

" We must let go of the life we have planned to accept the one awaiting us "

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Help me please!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 10:23:24 pm »
Did it say "Hacking Attempt" in the error? If so, this may be something f'er one of the staff as someone may 'ave tried to get into y'er account. I do recommend messaging one of our helpful staffers to see what they 'ave to say.

This could just be a forum glitch, but I 'ave never encountered on as such as this. Sometimes when I be workin' on a new saying f'er m'signature, an error will appear after I wish to save it. This is b'cause I used an apostrophe in my signature. I don't know if that could be a related issue to the one ye had, but who knows?

Anywho, I hope I helped a bit and I hope ye can get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 10:23:40 pm »
The whole "Error has occured" may happen from time to time.
It's quite common and all you need to do is go back and try again.
Sometimes it'll do this when you're posing a thread or comments in the boards as well. Merely the forum somewhat timing out, or not recognizing your post.
RETIRED.

Offline iiAwshumGurl

• Quit?
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt user
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 10:32:21 pm »
Alrighty, and yeah, it said ''Hacking Attempt''. I kind of freaked at first but everything seems to be okay. Just hoping it's a glitch. Thanks for helping me c:
Drawn by me

I am best known for my OC, Eclipse ( as pictured above ) but also have for Venus ( as seen in my profile picture )

Preach

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 10:38:31 pm »
Aye, for some reason this error pops up on occasion, even though no one is trying to hack your account. Try logging out of your account, then logging back in using the box under the forum banner, and then you should be able to change your avatar/signature without the error messages happening.

Sorry for the confusion; our forum is a little quirky at times! Your account is safe (but if you are worried about security, you can always change your password whenever you'd like).

Offline iiAwshumGurl

• Quit?
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt user
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 11:16:04 pm »
Alrighty, phewwff. Thank you so much <owo>
Drawn by me

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 01:56:25 am »
As the other users have clarified, no one is actually trying to get into your account. The forum can be a bit derpy, and although you may receive this message, your account should be safe. I would suggest refreshing the page, but if that doesn't work, you could try opening the page in a different internet browser. Since this has been pretty thoroughly explained, I'll go ahead and lock this. If you're confused about any error messages in the future, don't hesitate to ask, though. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.