Author Topic: Creating a Fantasy World (HELP!)  (Read 1558 times)

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
Creating a Fantasy World (HELP!)
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:41:02 am »
I guess you could say I was quite inspired by FeralHeart to do this. I want to make a world for my characters! I even want to make FH maps based off the areas, and make them available to all my friends, maybe even the public!

But first, I need help creating it. So, I ask you, the FeralHeart community, to help me reach my goal of making someplace where my many, many OCs can stay, and a place where people can also bring their OCs and RP there too, or even just chat!

Also, so far, the world is populated with species that me and my best friend made up, but more species will be added as time goes on!

Note: I'm mostly looking for overall information, and Realm 1 information. That's because, even though I'm making most of the world (and the FH stuff in it), my best friend is in charge of Realm 2, so I'm leaving almost all the Realm 2 information completely up to her.

NOTE:
As of right now, the MOST IMPORTANT THING I need is THE ACTUAL MAP ITSELF. Like, how does each realm look? Where are the mountains, the caves, the jungles? Is it a frozen wastleland or a burning desert? Is it more like FH?

IMPORTANT QUESTION:
Relating to the note, how do you guys come up with how heightmaps look? Like, how do you decide the shape? How do you decide where things go? I may add to the history of the worlds that gods/godesses made certain areas to look certain ways, just to make it a lil' easier, but I still need help ;w;

Here's the information I have so far.

OVERALL WORLD
-The overall planet itself is called Amit, meaning immeasurable or infinite.
-There's two realms/sides of the world.
-These "realms" are separated by a barrier. Very few are permitted to cross.

"REALM 1" (not yet named)
-Many different species
-Probably not humans (not confirmed tho, but likely)
-Several different languages
-Many different clans/tribes/whatever, and places. They will each run separately (one could be a dictatorship, one could be a democracy, ect.), but in times of need, leaders of each group will decide things together (more like Warriors in this sense. Maybe some leaders will agree, some won't. Wars may start 'cause of this, ect. ect. But it'll still be at least somewhat organized. Unlike Warriors, half the clan/tribe/ect. won't be there, only the important ones)

"REALM 2" (not yet named)
-Many different species
-No humans
-Dictatorship (details not yet sorted out)
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Creating a Fantasy World (HELP!)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 07:22:24 pm »
Wowwweee, you seem to really be passionate about this!

Though I must say, this may want to be moved to Map Requests possibly? I may be wrong here.
Either way, I love the amount of information you put into this map ideas and I hope it truly works out for ya!

Good luck and thank you for sharing.<3
-Floofs-
not active here anymore ♡

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 08:48:17 pm »
Looks like you're passionate about this map.
And as Acc said, I think this should be moved to map requests.
Anyway, good luck with someone making your map!

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 10:58:31 pm »
(Sorry for late response)

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm quite passionate about this map ^^ The only reason I didn't put it in Map Requests is because I just want help with the design of each area (and possibly heightmap), I'd want to attempt the rest of the map on my own.
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao