Author Topic: Cereal Soup? (Game)  (Read 8045 times)

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
Cereal Soup? (Game)
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:52:47 pm »
Hello! Just wondering about the game 'Cereal Soup'.

It's an animal game, similar to FeralHeart. While I fully intend to be more active on FeralHeart (since, after all, it's a game I've been playing for many years, with many amazing memories associated with it)... I am considering joining Cereal Soup as well.

The only reason I consider it, is because the group I'm most active with, a rather popular group (not going to say the name, since I don't know for sure if the group wants me to mention it here. But if anyone from my group is here, hey, it's me! Eon! OwO) is moving to that new game.

So... what do you guys know about Cereal Soup? Your experiences with it? Anything else you can tell me? Tribe info? Anything else I should know? (I looked through the site already, but there seems to be so much I'm a little confused? If anyone could sum it up/simplify, that'd help a lot :'D)

Most importantly... is it worth it?

Thanks! <3
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Rilla

Re: Cereal Soup? (Game)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 10:57:02 pm »
Personally...

I joined that game on and off. Deleted accounts and rejoin. I really enjoy the models and the people there; very nice people. However, the staff are very active - that's for sure. I admire them about that, however, they don't seem show any sign of helpfulness. I asked for a few guidance in the game, and i was completely ignored. But overall, im not saying they're bad people.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 11:01:47 pm »
It's an interesting experience to say the least. You can hunt around and be either a canis, felis,
 suricate or a raptor ( which is coming soon ). You have to pay premium ( once last I heard ) in order for you to have a preset slot.. or you can win it some community contest I believe. Do keep in mind that's in alpha stage so there's some glitches and bugs here and there. Some things aren't out yet, like some models that you see in certain maps. If you wanna be a canis / felis you would have to first locate the skulls and sniff. More features are coming out and the community ( at least the forum side ) can be pretty confusing so I wouldn't be surprised if some things were overlooked.

Nothing wrong, but you'll have an experience all the same. Good luck floof <:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 11:32:44 pm »
I'm gonna warn you that this thread might get deleted suddenly without your consent as it has happened in the past.

Cereal soup is a great game that I've been following for two years now and I honestly recommend it. It's still in early alpha though so you are able to see only a very tiny portion of the features that will be in the final game. More features will be added later on and they are worth the wait. The community is awesome and the staff are very friendly and transparent.
Currently you are able to play as a mustelid (technically suricates), canine, and feline. Pretty soon they're going to add raptors (birds) that allow you to fly on command which is quite unique to an animal game. Many more animals are being planned for release.

However, the staff are very active - that's for sure. I admire them about that, however, they don't seem show any sign of helpfulness. I asked for a few guidance in the game, and i was completely ignored. But overall, im not saying they're bad people.
You'll have better luck getting responses on the discord server. :V

Offline flamingheart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • * coo coo *
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 11:49:14 pm »
it's an okay game

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:29:11 am »
My first impression with the head admin wasn't the best and I still have yet to meet the rest so I can't say much about the staff but the game does look really beautiful and cool and I would recommend playing it for the beautiful graphics, the gameplay, and the other people.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 12:51:31 am »
Like any other game, people will have their mixed opinions about the staff but I can't say much about the CS staff because I don't know them that well. Most of their community seems happy with their staff though so that should speak well enough for itself.

The game is quite lovely. I've tried it out myself a couple times. The models are beautiful and there's a lot of customization options. Currently there are three playable species those being the (surricates or meerkat critters and the canines and felines). The game is still a WIP so you may encounter some performance issues and occasional glitches but overall it's playable and the dev is constantly working on patching things. There's a lot of things planned for it and you're welcome to give your own ideas and feedback there.

During my short time there I felt that the community was fairly friendly and helpful. It's very easy to make friendships and folks are generally helpful.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who likes animals and animal games like FH/IT etc.

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 01:19:42 am »
Thanks so much everyone! <3

Don't worry, I'll still be more active in FeralHeart ;D But I'm gonna try it out, for my group.

(I've heard that the lead admin of CS apparently isn't a huge fan of those who play both FeralHeart and Cereal Soup... which makes literally no sense, but hey -shrug- I'll try it out. And I'm gonna make it clear I play both right off the bat, so I know what I'm getting into haha)

Thanks again!
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 04:19:40 am »
(I've heard that the lead admin of CS apparently isn't a huge fan of those who play both FeralHeart and Cereal Soup... which makes literally no sense, but hey -shrug- I'll try it out.
That's not true. I know the head admin and they're actually really nice and don't really care what game you play besides CS. Just don't act stupid or do something harmful.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 08:10:57 am »
i know of it but from what little i know, it doesn't offer the customization or music/film project ability FH has.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"