Author Topic: Black Heads....? Please Help  (Read 2064 times)

Offline konjac

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
Black Heads....? Please Help
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:30:46 am »
Hello! As I was logging on to FH, I noticed this:

A black head.
No matter how much I moved those colour sliders, the blackness remained.
As I delved deeper, I saw this:

ALL the current canines on my computer had black heads.
I did NOT modify the files in any way, NOR editing a file as a preset/texture.
I have Tearless textures, and an item pack which I cannot remember the name of. I am also on a Mac, running FH on Wineskin Winery, which is working absolutely perfect.
I know that when you have a marking pack you don't have, others see you as a "marshmallow".
I am not using a marking pack.
Tearless was working fine yesterday until today...I cannot understand why it's like this.
All the files of canine is:
cbodyMask numbers 1 and 2, cbodyShade.jpg, ceyeMask1_0.png, cheadMask numbers 1_0 to 5, cheadShade.png, ctailShade.png and ctailMask.png.
Is there any files missing? I would like an explanation for this...

Offline konjac

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
Re: Black Heads....? Please Help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:35:18 am »
Now FH is not opening...

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 12:36:15 am »
I think some files are being removed... Do you have an antivirus or some sort of software that scans for such things?

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 12:36:58 am »
May need to reinstall the game then if it's not opening at all. Seems like some sort of wonky file glitch somewhere....but if you manage to get the game open again, try changing the rendering system.

Offline Jurassic

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • wolfwicks
    • wolfwicks
    • wolfwicks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 02:18:06 pm »
Like Arctic, I would recommend reinstalling your game completely. With
the black heads, it seems that a shade/texture file has been deleted or probably corrupted, and
now your other more essential FeralHeart files could be doing the same. This can
happen over time, messing with things on accident, or adding in a separate faulty file that comes
with a mod download. Anti-virus softwares can do it too, just like Hakumi said, so digging
into that may be a good plan as well before reinstalling. Some antiviruses will delete anything
that so much poses the tiniest risk of a threat, even if the files are completely harmless, like
FeralHeart's are.

But, however, removing everything and reinstalling is probably your safest and best bet.

wolfwicks on dA

Offline konjac

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 11:39:09 pm »
Ok, I redownloaded it. (Sorry for being late in replying)
The head issue is fixed, but FH continuously keeps crashing :/

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 11:42:01 pm »
Are you getting any type of error messages when it crashes?
Make sure your internet is fast and strong. If you need to change rendering systems, that might help.
Restarting your router might also help help or simply letting the game cool off a bit before jumping back onto it.

Also, make sure you don't have any duplicate files / particles either.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 11:46:12 pm »
This is the first time I've seen something like this, it looks like some of your files were mismatched. It could be your computer tried to change the positions of the files, or you could have some type of virus that effected it. If it's not that, then the way your computer is set up could of also effected the positioning. There's also a chance you'll need to completely remove the game from your computer, uninstall then delete all the files, and then try to install it again, if that doesn't work then there's a chance it's something to do with how your computer is reading the files. Or you could of installed an add on that didn't work properly for the game.

Offline konjac

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 03:18:01 am »
Well, this may seem like a late reply XD
I checked to see if there was a virus, and there isn't. How I checked is I opened Terminal and typed up several commands, and I kept getting the response "Does not exist", signifying there is no virus in the computer.
And as I said, there is no black heads in the canines now. But I spotted another black head, on a FELINE.
I was creating a feline character, and I had come to the "Head markings" panel. I have Aug 22 Markings installed...
As I worked my way down to find the perfect marking, I came to the marking known as "Eye Line", and he marking showed up on the head. It was there for the smallest amount of time before the head turned black and a grey window appeared in the corner. It read: "FeralHeart.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close".
So I closed it, and reopened it. I also refreshed Chrome and logged in.
Once the home menu appeared in FH, I logged in and chose one of my fav canine characters.
Once I clicked "OK", Lonely Cave loaded. I ran over to "The Grounds", and entered the portal. The Grounds did not load. Instead, the loading screen popped up and suddenly the crash window appeared again.
So I tried once more.
I reloaded Chrome, reopened FH and logged in. Once the character selection screen appeared, FH crashed once again.
So I gave up...
Any reason for this continual crashing?

Offline konjac

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 03:22:12 am »
(Also I have changed the rendering system several times...I am noticing no difference)