Author Topic: Presets crashing my game?  (Read 983 times)

Offline HyperVal

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • UnderlinedSorrow
    • View Profile
Presets crashing my game?
« on: July 24, 2016, 05:07:41 pm »
So I have been having this problem where Feral Heart crashes when someone with a preset that I have downloaded comes into the same map as me.

Let me explain myself further. I'm in a large group in which most of us have presets, so when I started crashing constantly I started to get iffy about Feral Heart.

I finally figured out it was the preset's faults when I was talking to one of my friends on Skype, we had agreed to have our characters meet up, though just as my friend had been entering the map I was in, I crashed. After this I tried getting in again, didn't work, then I asked my friend, we'll call her Jullie, to jump into another map. Jullie did, and I was able to get back in. Then I asked her to come back, but only a short couple seconds after that I crashed again. We were forced to party and role play from different maps.

Recently that day I had downloaded Jullie's updated preset.

Then I noticed that people with the presets I had downloaded past a curtain point were crashing my Feral Heart, so, not wanting to search through the hundreds of presets I have and try to guess what ones I downloaded before and after the crashings, I went ahead and deleted them all, mine included.

I got on, and to my joy I didn't crash. So jumping for joy, I went off to re-download my own preset, came back to Feral Heart, but when I was in Character Selection, I tried to get on my character, I crashed again. I tried looking through all the files and making sure there are no duplicates of important files, even going as far to completely wipe Feral Heart from my computer, nothing's worked.

There doesn't seem to be another thread that expresses the same problem that I do, so I figured to make my own thread.
I know an easy solution would be to just not have any presets, but then I would be missing out on my own character, and that's something I really don't want to have to do.

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
Re: Presets crashing my game?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 05:28:29 pm »
My only suggestion would be to not download anyone's presets.
So you gotta delete any presets you've downloaded.

I've never dealt with something like this before but that is what i would do! Sorry! :(

Hopefully someone else has a better solution.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:30:19 pm by Pkf7 »

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline HyperVal

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • UnderlinedSorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 06:32:09 pm »
My only suggestion would be to not download anyone's presets.
So you gotta delete any presets you've downloaded.

I've never dealt with something like this before but that is what i would do! Sorry! :(

Hopefully someone else has a better solution.

It's all fine, I'll see what else I can do to fix the problem, but until then I'll be looking at preset-less pack-members. ^-^
(Kind of a scary thought)

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 08:25:46 pm »

It's all fine, I'll see what else I can do to fix the problem, but until then I'll be looking at preset-less pack-members. ^-^
(Kind of a scary thought)

Don't worry! Quite a few people have made nice looking characters without a preset! :D

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011