Author Topic: OFF - Anyone Played?  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
OFF - Anyone Played?
« on: July 19, 2014, 12:28:56 pm »
So, I've currently fallen in love with this game and was wondering if there were any other players, or maybe people who've watched someone pay it.

It's a little difficult to find around on most sites, which is pretty normal for a single worded title. -Small laugh-
Well, if you don't know what OFF is, it's a French surreal game that can be quite off-putting if you've yet to handle surrealism; especially its music (could be considered "bad" if you don't have a taste for the music).

If you haven't heard of it or played it, etc., I hope you like(d) it.
-Wolfie

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: OFF - Anyone Played?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 12:58:07 pm »
*Paddles in on a pedalo.*
T'is finally the day. The day I come across another fellow floof familiarized with the game OFF here on the forums (though no doubt there were many prior considerin' how known the game is). I 'n many of my acquaintances have played the game before. Actually, one could say we're addicted to the fandom. Mention it 'n there we go. Ramblin' about the characters, the general story line, the artwork, etc. Peppersteak and Unreasonable Behavior are two of the many OFF OST I can listen to for hours on end. Not to mention Dedan has got to be my favorite character of the game. Might as well show said acquaintances this thread while I'm at it.
While the graphics are very simplistic, the morbid story and gist of it is enough to keep one such as myself entertained throughout the gameplay. An ocean of ground flesh, the grotesque/deformed creatures, the hoard of specters, how the game ends especially. I, to put it frankly, haven't came across another game quite like it. One of a kind it is.
gone

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 02:07:22 pm »
*Paddles in on a pedalo.*
T'is finally the day. The day I come across another fellow floof familiarized with the game OFF here on the forums (though no doubt there were many prior considerin' how known the game is). I 'n many of my acquaintances have played the game before. Actually, one could say we're addicted to the fandom. Mention it 'n there we go. Ramblin' about the characters, the general story line, the artwork, etc. Peppersteak and Unreasonable Behavior are two of the many OFF OST I can listen to for hours on end. Not to mention Dedan has got to be my favorite character of the game. Might as well show said acquaintances this thread while I'm at it.
While the graphics are very simplistic, the morbid story and gist of it is enough to keep one such as myself entertained throughout the gameplay. An ocean of ground flesh, the grotesque/deformed creatures, the hoard of specters, how the game ends especially. I, to put it frankly, haven't came across another game quite like it. One of a kind it is.

-Small laugh- I actually talk about this game whenever I can, and I once - quite mistakingly because I hadn't gotten too much sleep that night - told my mother to stop by Zacharie's (I felt embarrassed for days on end). I can't exactly choose a favorite character quite yet, since I'm still trying to soak it all in - heck, it took me a few months to decide my favorite character in Hetalia (and I'm still a little indecisive about it).
I have a thing for morbid games and songs, it sounds weird, but almost everything that I have attached myself to has some kind of morbidity (I find the rivers of meat a bit laughable, to be honest).
I've yet to stumble across something similar to this as well, which makes it seem - to me - better than anything. It's unique, to put it simply.
-Wolfie

Offline ComatoseKatie

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The chick bathing in Funnel Cake
    • comatosekatie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 09:58:17 pm »
Seeing this made me spazz XD I LOVE this game! :D *bounces around the room* I just recently started playing this When i first heard of it i was like "not sure if I should play this... I don't want nightmares..." XD stupid silly me! I only started playing it cause i saw Markiplier start playing OFF and i face palmed myself so much for thinking it would give me nightmares XD Then i showed it to my friend and she looked at me like I just committed murder... so i can tell my friend doesn't like it XD So now i can bug her whenever i get the chance :D I'd say my favorite characters are Zacharie and The Judge :3 but yay finally more people i can know who like OFF XD cause I know if i showed the game to any more of my friends they would avoid me and say I was scaring them... My friends are so different from me XD

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:17:23 pm »
Seeing this made me spazz XD I LOVE this game! :D *bounces around the room* I just recently started playing this When i first heard of it i was like "not sure if I should play this... I don't want nightmares..." XD stupid silly me! I only started playing it cause i saw Markiplier start playing OFF and i face palmed myself so much for thinking it would give me nightmares XD Then i showed it to my friend and she looked at me like I just committed murder... so i can tell my friend doesn't like it XD So now i can bug her whenever i get the chance :D I'd say my favorite characters are Zacharie and The Judge :3 but yay finally more people i can know who like OFF XD cause I know if i showed the game to any more of my friends they would avoid me and say I was scaring them... My friends are so different from me XD

I watched a few of Mark's OFF, but there's a really good gaming channel called Nonbinary Robot Gaming, atleast I like them. -Small laugh-
I was introduced to it by an online friend, from iPredator, and I thought the same thing. I had seen surreal art, and only that, and I, to say the least, freak out. I now show whomever I can the gameplay - even getting one of my friends to like it! I'm really glad that I've found a few people on here with the same common intrest.
I remember when the game was really big in AI, where there would be Zacharies were on every turn, three Judges at the top, etc.
-Wolfie

Offline dogfriend

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • your local fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:32:46 am »
love it! confusing as hell, but, still love it. my fave characters are Valerie and The Judge/Pablo (i love surreal cats too much)!
im animaljamforever ingame

baltowolflover

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 05:11:42 am »
OFF<3
I haven't played it yet, but I've seen a gameplay of it. ;u; It's pretty cool. and yet confusing. xD
The Judge is my favorite character. c: