Author Topic: Very, Very lagy game  (Read 1822 times)

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
Very, Very lagy game
« on: June 19, 2018, 02:01:32 am »
Henlo everyone yet again,

Sadly I have had to put my Mac away as the Hard drive decided it didn't want to exist anymore and I have moved back to my old computer. Over the past couple of days I have been running the game perfectly and getting everything back up to date such as importing markings, items, making presets etc. As of about an hour ago my game crashed, La de da you know how that goes. But as I was re-starting my game I noticed that it was rather very, Very laggy. In fact I am most certain the most it was doing was about 2 frames per second. Now I could completely understand if my computer was trash but I am able to run larger detailed games (IMVU for example) without any hassles. At this point of time I have dug back into the files, Allowing the game to access the 2 Core's I have. I have restarted my computer multiple times in hopes it will re-boot itself.

Currently I am aiming to involve myself back into the game, Become as active as I use to be. But with the game virtually unplayable at the moment I do see my excitement dwindling into disappointment. I, Come to you, The Community for desperate help in to fixing what ever maybe causing this issue.

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Very, Very lagy game
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 02:03:24 am »
Which OS are you using?  i find & stop bloating programs disturbingly often... (You no doubt do that though)
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 02:10:54 am »
Which OS are you using?  i find & stop bloating programs disturbingly often... (You no doubt do that though)

Actually I am on a windows now, I'm sure its Windows 8.1
My darn Mac has S.M.A.R.T issues and I don't have the money to get it fixed atm ;w;

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 03:23:20 am »
Try changing rendering systems, lowering view distance or turning off water reflection

You may have to give up markings or items or presets as well, unfortunately
Farewell everyone<3

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 03:40:02 am »
Try changing rendering systems, lowering view distance or turning off water reflection

You may have to give up markings or items or presets as well, unfortunately

Greetings Kiki,
I had already turned off the water reflection as it gives me problems no matter what PC I use weather it be OS, Linux or Windows.
I figured I would have to remove the items and markings, I shall experiment with the video options in hopes it helps. Though I find it rather weird that everything was working completely fine last night and the game was running rather smoothly.

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 08:31:36 am »
Update:
I have done as such as what Kiki has suggested. I have un-installed and re-installed the game.
I am starting to think it has to do with what rendering program I am using as it wont let me use OpenGL and I figure it might have to do with Direct3D9.

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 02:59:07 am »
Update: So from a week of frustration with trying to fix my Mac, I have done some digging into the archive. From what I know OpenGL runs the game perfectly fine without any issues but Direct3D9 causes the lag that I am experiencing. I have tried to change the rendering systems through the "Start up" but the popdown bar only shows Direct3D9 and when I select OpenGL within the game settings itself, When I restart it instantly crashes. This also does the same when I edit the ogre.cfg file. Please, If anyone could help that would make my day.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 03:04:47 am by FlewToTheCity »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 05:53:21 am »
Update: So from a week of frustration with trying to fix my Mac, I have done some digging into the archive. From what I know OpenGL runs the game perfectly fine without any issues but Direct3D9 causes the lag that I am experiencing. I have tried to change the rendering systems through the "Start up" but the popdown bar only shows Direct3D9 and when I select OpenGL within the game settings itself, When I restart it instantly crashes. This also does the same when I edit the ogre.cfg file. Please, If anyone could help that would make my day.

How are you typing it exactly in the ogre.cfg file? Just to rule out any typo or spacing errors.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 06:17:07 am »

How are you typing it exactly in the ogre.cfg file? Just to rule out any typo or spacing errors.

Technically I am not typing, I am replacing the text file given to other floofs by the previous moddlets. As instructed to replace the first two lines of code with this code:

Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]