Author Topic: Former MOTS Idea  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Former MOTS Idea
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:27:47 am »
'Aight, yet another idea. Cool.

This one won't be affecting too large of a group, but me and a few other fluffs were thinking of a lil' somethin':
What if former MOTS could continue to change their title after their position has expired? I know that MOTS titles are a limited privilege and just a lil' somethin' to congratulate the user for the time in position, but many users have won the MOTS when they were younger or had different interests and the title may be more embarrassin' than not. Even if it's just a once yearly opportunity to change it to prevent abuse or "spam," I think it would be nice for old helpful members to be able to change old titles without waiting for the usually slim chance of bein' re-nominated for MOTS.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Former MOTS Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:33:15 am »
This sounds like a pretty neat idea. I'm sure some former MOTS are wanting to change their titles, plus the idea of getting one freebie a year sounds pretty fair too... ^^;

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 02:34:53 am »
I think this a pretty good idea myself. And if not have the chance to change it, at least give them a chance to remove it if they like once their time as MOTS is up. ^^

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 02:43:55 am »
This is a pretty interesting idea. I do agree that they should be allowed to change it once there MOTS expired so they make a title that fits them.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 06:39:12 pm »
MOTS is based on it being a unique forum group, just like something like an MIT, this is why MOTS are able to change this custom title while regular users can not as a little something for becoming one. They may change it as much as they please during the time they are MOTS as it would be like changing anything else on their profile like a signature or avatar.

In order for former MOTS would be able to gain permanent access to this function also means we would need to make another group called something like "former MOTS" that is hidden, and dump all previous and upcoming MOTS into just so they can have permanent access to this one forum power. It's not like this would be considered overwhelming work by any means, but for the sake of gaining permanent access to custom titles when it's a seasonal matter I'm not fully leaning into it.

Personally in my eyes MOTS is MOTS, and this function reflects it by giving these users access to it during the time they are one, and by making it permanent you also must keep in mind it will be less special if it's made permanent even if it's just the old and current MOTS. Staff can always remove a custom title MOTS has applied at a point if they do not like it or find it less suiting so it's not a custom title has to be permanent and not more than a few private messages away.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:41:17 pm by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart