Author Topic: Off topic help?  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Off topic help?
« on: July 20, 2016, 07:22:27 pm »
Im not sure if this is a good idea but can there be an off topic help for stuff?
It would be okay I think

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Off topic help?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 08:57:18 pm »
I don't see why it couldn't be something we'd consider. I'm just trying to think of the sorts of things that might go in there... Suppose if people wanted to ask other for help on arty or technology things. Also there may have to be some ground rules about personal issues and topics; there are better places to go for help on those sorts of things than here.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 09:09:37 pm »
I must agree with Flo here. Though, I can imagine a single thread for Off-Topic Questions and Answers. And still, I don't support this idea. ^^

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 10:10:19 pm »
I believe that the Off-topic Discussion board can sometimes be used for a few non-FH related help questions, such as technical or generic questions that don't relate to the game, so long as they still follow the board rules. If you have questions about other games besides Feral Heart, the Other Games board can be okay to post in. It can depend on the question that you're asking, as well, as to whether or not it would be appropriate for the forum. If one is seeking assistance regarding a product of some sort, those questions are usually best sent to that product's website/forum (if they have one) rather than the Feral Heart forum. I can understand if someone wants to get the opinion of fellow feralheartians, however, but the only reason I'm not completely in with this idea is that we should keep in mind that the FH forum ultimately geared toward Feral Heart matters and community. I think that it would perhaps encourage users to create help threads in that specific board, rather than seeking assistance where they would actually be getting better support (such as a specific website that is created purposely to help a user with that issue they are experiencing.) It depends on the question, though, and if it's a pretty generic question, you may still be able to post it in the Discussion board. These are my thoughts on this at the moment, but it's an interesting idea. A little thought might have to go into this, but I wouldn't be entirely opposed to your idea. Thank you for sharing your suggestion. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 11:01:11 pm »
I'm rather iffy on this idea to be honest. I could see how it would be helpful and all but like Flo said, there are other places to ask for help like that other than here.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 02:48:23 am »
I agree with those above me. Though it t'would be nice, there aren't too many off-topic questions throughout the forum on their own, and I feel like the board might be spammed with "nonsense" questions to which the answers can be found elsewhere.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya