Author Topic: Roleplay Contest .w.  (Read 4586 times)

SoulRevenge

Roleplay Contest .w.
« on: August 22, 2012, 08:07:23 pm »
This is just a little suggestion I have, but why not make a Roleplay contest?
Yes, I am well aware it'd be quite difficult to keep track of praticly everyone here that roleplays on the forums, not that I did not mention 'game' anywhere.

This IS a Forum for a MMO animal game, so why shouldn't this contest exist? My idea is that it'd be monthly or it would be held every year.
Now, I do also realize that people can't go around, stalking and reading every roleplay post of everyone on this forum; so why not in the thread, if this catches anyone's attention at all- you have to 'sign up'. Otherwise you praticly grant the 'heads' of this competion permission to read your posts, stalk your roleplay threads, etc. . . .
The users would be put up for nomination after they 'agree' to compete or whatever, so we don't get members voting for other members that have no interest in the contest.
After awhile, if the user recieves a 'worthy' amount of nominations, the 'actual nominating' will start, and the person with the most votes in the end will win. Sort of like with MOTS, though there'd be a 'First, Second,' and 'Third' place.

I understand that this idea is also abit 'unorganized', so I completely get it if this contest was never held, or even put into mind for that matter.

Tell me what you think x3.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:09:01 pm by -Blacki »

CloudFish

Re: Roleplay Contest .w.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 08:29:47 pm »
I don't see this happening for a number of reasons, but one of them being it's not really a competition, roleplaying, or at least it's not supposed to be. It's basically asking people to redo the writing contest but with smaller blerbs.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 03:23:22 pm »
I have to agree with Cloud, though a RP contest would be pretty fun and neat haha. Another issue I have with this is people just nominating their friends or something, like for instance one person would get the appropriate number of nominations because most people know them by the many RP threads they're in, and their posts can range from decent, to okay, etc, and then there are some whose posts are astounding but because they are only in a thread or two and aren't as active, they get low votes but their posts could of been way better than those who were winning~
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

SoulRevenge

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »
Meerrr, true that Katsa, people might just vote for their friends.
I wasn't really thinking much when I posted this I guess xDDDD.
And yus, I suppose it would sort of just be like another 'Writing Contest', though I think another Writing contest sounds abit interesting x3.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 03:10:38 am »
No worries, I was actually wondering about there being a kind of roleplaying contest, and RPing can be a little different than writing xD

For one thing, when roleplaying, there are the rules to consider and things to watch out for like creating a Mary-sue or Gary-stue and then godmoding/powerplaying. If thought out and organized, a RPing contest could very well be possible, just perhaps with a different way of selecting the winners.

One way I can think of is like for the Writing Contest, those who want to enter make their own threads. However, instead of filling up their posts with their own writing, they only make one or two posts and the next is filled out by somebody else. Like for instance, the contestant fills out one post describing their character which may help them earn "points" in selecting a winner, and once that's done they type up a post of whatever their character is doing. Then whoever is in charge of the contest (which may be helpful if it was a few people) they type up a post of their own in that persons thread, then wait for a response.

The point of this would be to see how their character reacts and how they handle RP situations. Like if a fight should occur, they would want to make sure the person isn't godmoding or cheating, or performing "moves" that are impossible. All the while, the ones in charge of the contest can't say or give out hints that what the contestant is doing is wrong. Points can also be scored by detail and length of the post, and perhaps even with creativity of whats going on.

Just one of the ways that may make it seem possible, just throwing out suggestions and ideas myself xD
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 04:20:48 am »
Im an extremely avid roleplayer, and many people here are also. I would love to see this happen, but maybe if the details can be simple but perfected.

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA