Author Topic: Possible Map Submissions?  (Read 4670 times)

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Map Submissions?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 08:40:21 pm »
Aye, don't worry! It's still a great idea. It's just that sadly, it's all much more complicated than we think.
I like the way you think though, floof. (:

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 09:29:43 pm »
Thankyou  ;D

Offline DraconiaHeart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm a lover not a fighter
    • Draconia-Heart
    • freya-amoura
    • View Profile
    • Commission Site
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 06:36:18 am »
As amazing as t his idea is I would agree with Reddles on this.
It would be a bit difficult to train a person to make the map in a way so that it goes into the right place for them game. Also for the user to be trusted completely with certain information given to them.

Username: Draconiaheart

Siggy: Deerlynngs

Offline Raddlegoose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 01:08:36 am »
  This is a cool idea, but Red's right, if this happened problems might stir up.

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 12:55:25 am »
I do like the idea, but at the same time I could see how there would be problems with it. Adding a new map to the game would involve having to update FH each time we did it, unless of course it something like with what is done with the holiday party maps where we're given the link and then just put it in like any other map.

Offline Tailgate

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • no longer active
    • spxcepirate
    • 887Horse
    • cassiopirate
    • birb4
    • yllsa_
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32:36 am »
I really love this idea, but it's been denied already, so I'm just going to suggest a possible alternative:

I feel like there should at least be some community inclusion in updating. I know it's supposed to be a secret, a surprise, etc (which is obvious because no specific "further updates" have been announced), but I feel that more involvement of Feral Heart's community will bring all of us closer together and make us feel like we have a hand in not only the future of the game socially, but to change the game physically. I don't know how well this idea will come across, but perhaps something like polls/votes on the next map pack that connects (seamlessly, of course, since that's how you guys are trying to do this?) to the ones we already have, etc, etc.
Idk.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:56:53 am by Tailgate »

If you want to contact me, I am most likely to respond on DA!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 04:29:01 pm »
I will be very blunt on this one so no offense to anyone.

It can be seen already how some users are causing up a storm over matters around this patch. It was clear it was needed, it has solved many issues that the old version of the game had no place for and given it a brighter future, but if we'd been open with it I can close to 100% grantee you guys that this patch would never have happened due to the problems that users would've caused and the means they would've taken to not let this happen.

That aside, and hopefully explaining enough.

At every step that is taken, it will be so many more if we were to pull in users, and most of which will come boiling down to "what is functional and correct way to deal with this from a game/staff standpoint" vs "Many users want it another way for personal game reasons".

Since you're talking about maps and I will point it out once here, there has been plans to add maps like south pole or climbing maps like AI, but since we had enough work and there was things that needed to work out before there was no reasonable time frame to get it all in the first patch. It comes down to design decision and not putting an icy field next to a warm spawn map which would ruin the whole idea of a seamless world, and it was about being able to implement floating magical rocks into the world in a way that would make just a tad of sense. Slapping plain and ugly maps that do not fit with the rest, that we later would need to move to another location and get users confused yet again is a quite poor decision in general if you're going to plan future updates and taking care of the game and see what happens.

A poll only reflects one question, and not the 5 different paths that might come after it, some of which might be more important than the actual poll itself. Making polls that then might lean 80% one way to later ignore it I'm not certain who would want to do that to anger users even further. Polls can only do so much and in the end it's mostly the easier questions and matters

Do I feel like some polls about the game is a bad idea? Not really. But I just see it for what it is and after working on this thing on and off, dealing with the users, dealing with their reasoning and opinions afterwards, and seeing how the old game creator handled something like wings that got added into the game, things like these don't work on a wider scale.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline lol_lions

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • why
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 05:43:50 am »
But then there's whole question that most users seem to forget or not grasp, as most of the current maps and future maps has not been made for the main purpose of being cool as a "map" but to fit in and be a part of the world we're trying to create. In the old game it was just random maps spread out everywhere, in different directions, with different environments and broken bearings, nothing really made sense. If you've kept a close eye you can see how all maps are properly connected and environments slowly change to create this world and we hope that it will continue to expand in the future.

Oh my god, I actually LOVE this. I'm gonna be honest- You guys are geniuses for this idea.
The old FH was kinda like a broken puzzle, but now we have these maps that all interlock and make sense.. It makes the realism part of me happy.
If anything though, perhaps a member map CONCEPT contest would be an interesting turn?