Author Topic: Rocks Being Jerks  (Read 1909 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Rocks Being Jerks
« on: October 31, 2015, 03:08:49 pm »
Okey, so it appears I need some help again with something... This time a problem with the game itself. ;u;

I was making a map today and when I decided to quit and go in game to quickly test, I noticed this.

I shrugged it off, thinking "I guess I can go with a glitch here. Don't mind it." but then I loaded into Cape.

I knew something was different, then I realized how the beautiful rock and fern was gone... MY TWO TRUE LOVES GONE. WHY?! DB

I have no idea what could've caused this whatsoever other than something to do with the object itself or the object group, but since the tree is still there I don't know about the latter.

All I did was really download a few things and stuff them in an object group I made myself.

I tried basic stuff, like switching rendering systems, running as admin., that stuff. I don't see how simply making a new map could cause this... I have noticed lately my computer's been weird when it comes to making maps, but I never expected objects to literally disappear just like that.

Any kind of help would be appreciated, really. I'm sort of just hoping I don't have to uninstall/reinstall, but I'm alright with that option as a last resort.

Offline wolflinklove

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Rocks Being Jerks
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 04:18:54 pm »
Normally when this happens you have either deleted a mesh or have put something in the wrong folder. Do you have a back-up of the FH files? Also, what mods did you install?

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 04:38:38 pm »
Yes, I do have back-ups for them and stuff, though I didn't delete anything... Unless I forgot I did. :L

Looking through my history I found these items:
http://coralstar51199.deviantart.com/art/Castle-Mesh-Download-561105318?q=gallery%3AFH-IT-Mesh-Store%2F32798405&qo=0
http://ki-cortana.deviantart.com/art/KI-Cortanas-Objects-for-Feral-Heart-408525640
http://mossasaurus.deviantart.com/art/Mystical-Nature-V0-1-Mesh-pack-FREE-429357649
http://mossasaurus.deviantart.com/art/Priderock-mesh-485727888
http://unleashed89.deviantart.com/art/VillageCityLifeMeshes-Download-291794543

I might've forgot something but that's what I found.

Also, forgot to mention, I went in Object Maker and found that the rock meshes still existed and all, but they still don't appear.

Offline wolflinklove

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 09:44:28 pm »
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=34788.0

I found a tutorial that has an objects walkthrough.
Do ye remember if ye put it in the My_Objects folder?

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 02:05:03 am »
Yes, of course. I download meshes all the time, so I know what I'm doing really but I appreciate you trying to help.

Also, I just tried replacing the default object groups in fact with the backups and it didn't work either. Again, I'm fine with dealing with having to delete one of the objects or uninstalling and reinstalling FH...

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 10:54:09 pm »
Hmm, it looks to me like ye may 'ave had y'er mesh order changed. What appears to be happening is y'er rocks and ferns may 'ave disappeared b'cause the new meshes changed the order of appearance. Like markings, y'er items/meshes must be kept in the same order, or floofs don't see them.

What I do to fix this f'er m'self is export the object once again so FH registers its new placement. Let me know if this works f'er ye. I do hope it does. M'fingers shall be crossed!

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 12:04:42 pm »
Thank you, Enoki. I was incredibly stressed over this yesterday, as no one seemed to be helping and I really wanted to play...

But may I ask, what do you mean by 'export'? ;u;

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 04:25:56 pm »
Ah, y'er most welcome deary. Now, by what I mean when I say export is, when ye load the rock/other missing objects in the Object Maker, there be a Save button and Export button right near the name and group name of the object. Saving only saves changes ye 'ave made to the object, exporting, I believe, does that and saves its placement in the group order, exports the group as a whole, and allows others to see it when ye use it and send over the group exported file.

Now, f'er y'er issue, I believe the order of y'er meshes got swapped and FH can no longer locate the file, even though 'tis still in that group. Just upload the mesh in Object Maker and click the Export button on the right, below the names of y'er mesh and object group. If I just be confusin' ye, I can provide ye with some screenies. ;3

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 07:34:00 pm »
Ahhh, how could I miss the Export button? OwO

I did try that, though, after you said it. Nothing happened when I logged in. As seen in the first screenshot, there's no plateau or anything... If you could provide screenshots that might be helpful because I might be doing something wrong, but again I did Export and nothing happened so if that's just it then I might need another suggestion. ;u;

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 02:12:47 am »
Again, I'm fine with dealing with having to delete one of the objects or uninstalling and reinstalling FH...
it looked like you have to try those options.

first of all, are you sure you have the vanilla feralheart meshes? check to see if you haven't. if you do, try moving one or all the new meshes out of your feralheart folder. if that doesn't work, back up all your screenshots, maps, presets, etc and reinstall the game.