Author Topic: Session Timed Out  (Read 1857 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Session Timed Out
« on: April 28, 2016, 05:30:01 am »
So this has been going on for a while now, and I figured I'd be able to just go along with it. Although, I decided it wouldn't hurt to try and see if anyone had a suggestion, or could confirm that my computer is a pile of crabs.

You see, every time I go to post, it always tells me my session has timed out. Maybe we've all had that, like when we took too long to post or something. But this... Happens on really short posts, actually, and I'm a pretty fast typer. In fact, even if I try to send it again when it gives me that message, it remains. So, I have to copy my post, go back, relog, and then go back in to post it.

And you see, this only happens on this computer. So, is it possible something could be going on, maybe, that someone could suggest I do or delete? Or is my computer, once again, acting like a durp? 8I

I even had to do this for this post, so. Every post, actually, I need to do that. Even simple things in Forum Games.

It's kind of annoying. So please, if you can, suggest whatever you can think of? And let me know if you need me to explain anything more. Thanks.

EDIT: Okey, not /every/ post. It seems to, though, stop the session thing when a few minutes happen between the posts and stuff. At least any idea why this is happening, or a reason this could be happening? Is it normal, actually?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:31:41 am by Hugrf »

Preach

Re: Session Timed Out
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 05:34:10 am »
I can relate to your problem...but I don't think there's any way of resolving this - besides logging out and relogging in. But i guess you try resetting your wifi? Or it's just the forum acting derp.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 06:02:20 am »
Personally I check the forums every 10 minutes. It keeps me logged in so It won't time me out when I post. But I don't know if this would work for every person.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 06:35:32 am »
I usually use my mobile device while I'm on the forums but sometimes I use this little trick as well and it still works. Whenever you log in there's this little timer that you can set the time you stay logged in. I started setting mine to '999' minutes and it works for me, even when I don't refresh the tab for a long time. c:

If this keeps happening then it could be your internet or even your computer. But that's something I do and hopefully it might help ya o;

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 06:36:10 am »
Kikorylandia and I have had the same problem before, and Kiki luckily sound a solution for me that works every time; try logging out before you close the tab or leave the FeralHeart website, and that way it won't ever make your session time out. Then when you return to the forums simply just log back in again, it's helped me every time.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 08:02:40 am »
I can relate to your problem...but I don't think there's any way of resolving this - besides logging out and relogging in. But i guess you try resetting your wifi? Or it's just the forum acting derp.

I think it COULD be my Wifi, at least sometimes. Sadly, though, it's been persistent through a couple of changes in Internet connection stuff. lol. But thanks for the help. x3

Personally I check the forums every 10 minutes. It keeps me logged in so It won't time me out when I post. But I don't know if this would work for every person.

I see. :{o It logs me out sooner than that, though, so. xI But thanks for tryin' tah help!

I usually use my mobile device while I'm on the forums but sometimes I use this little trick as well and it still works. Whenever you log in there's this little timer that you can set the time you stay logged in. I started setting mine to '999' minutes and it works for me, even when I don't refresh the tab for a long time. c:

If this keeps happening then it could be your internet or even your computer. But that's something I do and hopefully it might help ya o;

Yeah, maybe my Internet or computer. XI They are both derps, to be honest. Internet not so much, but sometimes it can be. I appreciate your suggestion, though; I've been thinking of trying that, maybe. ;o I'll have to do it! Thanks again!

Kikorylandia and I have had the same problem before, and Kiki luckily sound a solution for me that works every time; try logging out before you close the tab or leave the FeralHeart website, and that way it won't ever make your session time out. Then when you return to the forums simply just log back in again, it's helped me every time.

Thank you so much, eee! I'll try that out as well <3

Thank you, all of you, for tryin' tah help. It's either these suggestions work, or I'm stuck with it because computer - But either way, 's been a big help. If it works out, I'll mark this as resolved, hopefully. If not, I /may or may not/ edit this post, or just simply be lazy. ; o ;

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 10:18:03 am »
Be sure that you're actually logged out from the yellow box that is linked to the actual site and site/game functions so you're not logged into both the yellow box and the forum.

They do not always cooperate and can cause sessions to time out even though no real time has been spent posting. If problems still remain you should clear cache and cookies for the FH site in your browser(make sure you actually know how to do so and not just "try") and then sign in again only using the "login"  button that's part of the forum, not the yellow box on the site.

Click this when logged out:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&action=login

This should make it so the message only shows when you've actually been taking time to post, not every time trying to make a post.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 11:00:22 pm »

Adding a bit onto this. Log out right before you're going to be offline for a while. By a while, I mean right before you head off for sleep and/or school instead of being off for dinner, for example. Basically, whenever you're logging out for the final time before being absent for a while (if you're going on vacation soon, I totally recommend logging out the night before you leave!). And just a little tip (as Red mentioned above), make sure you log out of the forums and out of the gold box. You have to be completely logged out otherwise it will not work

When you open the FH site next, it should have you logged in to the forums, but not the gold box (or, at least this is how it is for me). Do not login to the gold box, sometimes this can cause issues. Of course, just because you're logged into the gold box doesn't mean you're going to have this "session timeout" issue. Eventually some forum/posting derp will happen (where you may or may not be logged out by the site itself and you'd have to login again) and you'll see that you're suddenly logged into the gold box. Usually by then you should be good to go

If you're still having issues, try it again multiple times. Sometimes it doesn't work the first time, but usually it works eventually
Farewell everyone<3