Author Topic: DAWNBREAK // a long-term lion rp  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Blackshore

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
DAWNBREAK // a long-term lion rp
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:34:57 am »

sometimes we have to break before we can shine
new // semi-literate // semi-realistic // player-driven plot // sited // mapped // long term // dedicated
---
a circle has no beginning
         // Long ago, there was a time where all lions like ourselves traveled alone, without a pride or a place to call home. During this time there lived a wise lion whom they called Nuvsi. Many who
          crossed his path thought he was strange or mad, as he believed and did things that no one thought was possible in this world. He could talk with the spirits of dead lions. He believed that we could live together
          peacefully with the gazelle bounding across the land, or the meerkat hiding in its burrow. Or with eachother, in groups. To most, the idea of such things were absurd. But, Nuvsi explained how everything in this
          world has a balance. For example, we cannot kill all of the zebras or there will not be enough food for us, but if we don't kill any at all, they will overpopulate and no grass will be left on the savannah. We
          should only take what we need, or both prey and predator will die and leave the land barren and empty. We only take what we need, no more, no less. At first, everyone shrugged this idea off. But soon, some
          began to notice the endless cycle of this world and went in search of the wise lion and joined him in his travels. Over time Nuvsi gained more and more followers and friends. This band of loners became what
          we now know as the First Pride.
//

// Dawnbreak is a new lion roleplay created by Blackshore. We have a custom ranking system and a player-driven plot to help members have a better experience while they take part in
         our group. We plan to host many events and competitions both IC and OOC. Anyone is welcome to join, and our main goal is fun! //
---
to be or not to be, that is the question
QnA
How do I join Dawnbreak? Instructions on how to join can be found below, under 'SITE LINKS'.
I want to join, but I don't know when the recruiter is online. What do I do? Under the 'current plot' post, there is an announcements section where the online status of our recruiter, as well as their username, is shown.
What if the recruiter is offline and I can't get on when he/she is online? Don't worry, the 'How to Join' thread on our site has instructions on how to join when our recruiter is offline. You can find the link below.
How active is this group? Our staff members try to get on every day, and there's usually one of us online at least once a day.
Can I play as an animal other than a lion? Right now, the answer is a solid 'no'. However, future plots and additions may open up other species to play as.
Does my character have to be part of the pride to be in this roleplay/Can my character be a loner? Your character can definitely be a lion separate from the pride! We have multiple ranks for this, including loners and exiles.
What map are you using? We're using two custom-made maps, one for the pride's camp in a canyon and one for the surrounding land.
Where's the link for the map? Our map can be found on the site under 'Essentials' and 'Official Downloads'. The board requires a password which will be given to members of the group.
Why are the ranks named 'The Crown'/'The Dawn' etc.? Those are the 'levels' of our ranks. The threads are labeled from high (king/queen etc, the Crown) to low (Prisoner etc, the Hollow). Mid-ranks (the ones anyone can choose from) are under the Dawn.
---
the journey is the destination
SITE LINKS // main - rules - ranks - how to join

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:07:51 pm by Blackshore »

Offline Blackshore

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: DAWNBREAK // a lion rp
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:35:16 am »
current plot -

prologue
         // Generations have passed since King Nuvsi and the First Pride made their way to Jeruvi Canyon and formed the Dawnbreak pride. Since then, the surrounding savannah has, for the
          most part, remained calm and balanced. But recently, entire herds have been disappearing and the only clue to what may have happened is the bloody pawprints that stain the grass where the animals once
          grazed. The hunting parties have started to bring back less and less prey, and every patrol the king sends out brings out no new findings on whatever - or whoever - is upsetting the natural balance. Even the
          skilled outrider and heir to the throne, Prince Kaji, is unable to figure out what exactly is happening to the groups of prey that once roamed the grasslands. If this goes on, the lions of Dawnbreak will surely starve
         and the savannah will become as empty as the Barren, the dark, dead wasteland bordering the north. But most of the pride members still hold on to the belief that King Kuravi will fix everything like he has
         with so many other issues the pride faced, and that they will all be saved from the fear slowly gnawing deep within them, the fear that they soon will become the prey, and whatever's killing off the animal herds
          will remain the hunter.
//

check our  site for new chapters!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:51:39 pm by Blackshore »

Offline Blackshore

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:26:14 am »
Follow the steps here if you wish to join us!

Announcements/Important Information // The site is back up! Added a hierarchy, reset ranks, made some edits to the map, added IC Chat and Theory Discussion sections, and started work on Ulinde Kusihlwa, an AWD tribe sharing the savannah with the Dawnbreak pride!
- 2 slots open in the royal family (prince/princess)
- Still looking for some artists, message me on site or in-game for more info.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:10:29 pm by Blackshore »

Offline Blackshore

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 09:57:54 pm »
Bump! Added 'QnA' section to the main post.

Offline Blackshore

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: DAWNBREAK // a long-term lion rp
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 07:57:11 pm »
Site is currently down for updates.

Offline Blackshore

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: DAWNBREAK // a long-term lion rp