Author Topic: Issue With Logging In  (Read 1403 times)

Offline frothtea

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I really like and enjoy the 90's
    • thesapphiredrake
    • thesapphiredrake
    • View Profile
Issue With Logging In
« on: November 26, 2017, 02:28:14 am »
I am having an issue with logging on to the game. I have looked all over and read many different forum posts, but my issue is not a normal login problem.

(Sorry if I don't explain this too clearly)

I can launch the game just fine. I run into the issue when I hit the login screen/prompt. When I attempt to login, it will say "cannot connect to front server", or something along those lines. Whenever I attempt to login through the website to play, all I get is a black screen. The only way I am able to play the game at all is if I uninstall the game from my computer, reinstall it, launch it, and even then I can only play for about an hour or so until I lose connection or log off for a short period. But as soon as I close the game window or exit the character selection screen, I will get the "cannot connect to front server" message.

As a note, the last time I played was before the massive world alteration, around early 2017 or mid-late 2016. I don't know if this will help at all.

Anybody know what I can do, or how to fix this? :-[
Nostalgia? No no no... you mean breakfast lunch and dinner? Oh wait, no no no... what I meant to say was the meaning of life!

ko-fi.com/starjellyy

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Issue With Logging In
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 06:24:35 am »
It sounds like you are using the Play Game tab to login, as you are managing to play for a certain period of time.

But, have you been keeping the tab open while you play? The Play Game tab needs to be left open in your browser for the duration of your game play. It is also recommended to get a browser tab refresher, as the Play Game tab refreshes every hour and can sometimes boot people off. 
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 07:57:27 am »
Or perhaps try a different web browser, sometimes they have individual levels of fussiness about the log-in page.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline asianarana1

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 01:38:19 pm »
The Play Game tab won't even let me log on.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 05:24:14 pm »

I advise making your own help thread there floof if you have nothing else to contribute with this particular's user's problem o:
But to answer, make sure that you're inputting the correct information,
Your account has been activated via link in the e-mail when you signed up for the account...

And make sure that your internet connection is strong. You're gonna have to log in twice.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline frothtea

• Forum Newcomer
    • thesapphiredrake
    • thesapphiredrake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 05:30:23 pm »
It sounds like you are using the Play Game tab to login, as you are managing to play for a certain period of time.

But, have you been keeping the tab open while you play? The Play Game tab needs to be left open in your browser for the duration of your game play. It is also recommended to get a browser tab refresher, as the Play Game tab refreshes every hour and can sometimes boot people off. 

I apologise for not explaining clearly. When I attempt to login through the website, it doesn't work at all. I only get a blank screen with the words  that say "keep this page open while you play". No game loads, it's just those words. The way I had been playing was through the downloaded version on my computer. That is the only way I had been able to play, the browser login has never worked for me.
Nostalgia? No no no... you mean breakfast lunch and dinner? Oh wait, no no no... what I meant to say was the meaning of life!

ko-fi.com/starjellyy

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 05:45:24 pm »
I apologise for not explaining clearly. When I attempt to login through the website, it doesn't work at all. I only get a blank screen with the words  that say "keep this page open while you play". No game loads, it's just those words. The way I had been playing was through the downloaded version on my computer. That is the only way I had been able to play, the browser login has never worked for me.

If that's what it is showing then that's what Morgra means I believe.
Once that page is up and running, simply open the game then. That page was designed for an extra protection persay.
So if you're seeing that black screen and it's saying those words, then you're connected and can now attempt to play the game, but do make sure that during your entire gameplay, that page stays open and running in the background, don't close it.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline frothtea

• Forum Newcomer
    • thesapphiredrake
    • thesapphiredrake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 05:57:45 pm »

If that's what it is showing then that's what Morgra means I believe.
Once that page is up and running, simply open the game then. That page was designed for an extra protection persay.
So if you're seeing that black screen and it's saying those words, then you're connected and can now attempt to play the game, but do make sure that during your entire gameplay, that page stays open and running in the background, don't close it.

Thank you. It is working now.

ko-fi.com/starjellyy

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 06:11:27 pm »
I used to know how to fix that, it was web browser settings that i can't change on modern web browsers.. have you tried a different one with less "security" built into it?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 09:31:59 pm »
Thank you. It is working now.

Locking this topic as the issue has been resolved! c:
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.