Author Topic: How to install legender markings+items on dell computer?  (Read 954 times)

Offline Sabermoons

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Hoi^^
    • https://jazzy34511.deviantart.co
    • View Profile
How to install legender markings+items on dell computer?
« on: November 29, 2017, 05:00:15 pm »
I'm not sure if this goes here but, today i was trying to show my friend how to get the legendary markings/items (linked him to the mediafire downloads) and his computer is a dell one. And so i showed him how to do it the 'laptop' way but even after my markings/items still didn't show up for him, and i really want for him to be able to see my markings/items. So if i could get some help here from users who use dell computers for feral heart that'd be great.
Profile picture by Kaen-Jane on Deviantart :)

I'm jazz^^

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: How to install legender markings+items on dell computer?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:24:47 pm »
Moving this over to Game help
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 07:49:47 pm »
Just in case that their computer is in fact able to handle Markings + Items...

Make sure that they do have the latest files. Just in case these are the ones that most users seems to be using:
> Legendary Markings 4.1 <
> Legendary Items 4.3 <

If these are the files that they have infact downloaded proceed to have them do the following steps:

For starters, have them first try and put either the items or the markings into the game, one file at a time ( Basically have them install either the markings file first or the items files first ) to see if it shows up or not. To get the 'Markings'...

Windows C: ( or whatever their main drive is ) >> Feral - Heart >> Media >> Textures >> Markings
They're going to then, open up the file that has the markings in it and copy + paste everything in there into that specific folder. If it asks them to replace, select 'yes.'
Once that is done and out of the way, they're going to then take the 'markings.cfg' and put that into their main feral-heart folder.

Windows C: ( or whatever their main drive is ) >> Feral - Heart
Have them then drag that file into the main folder. If it asks to replace, select 'yes.'

*Make sure that the file is indeed a notepad file to them. If the file isn't a notepad file they can right click and say open as and then select notepad. If the option doesn't come up for them, have them go to more options after they right clicked it. Hopefully the notepad file would be an option available to them.

Now check and see if the markings show up in-game. Have them change rendering subsystems if needed and before installing make sure that the game wasn't up and running or else it won't show right away.

If everything is correct, you'll do the same procedure as the markings except the items would go into the 'Items' folder.

Windows C: ( Or whatever their main drive is ) >> Feral - Heart >> Media >> 'Items'
Then they'll copy + paste everything that's in that file from the download into that folder. After that's completed they will then put the 'Items.cfg' file into their main FH folder.

Windows C: ( or whatever their main drive is ) >> 'Feral - Heart'
They would then drag that file into and replace when prompted to ask just like before.

*Just like the markings, make sure that particular file is a notepad file or else it won't work. Follow the steps as you did before to open or save the file as a notepad file.*

And then check the game to see if the items showed up correctly, changing rendering subsystems if needed.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing and / or too lengthy, I tried to be thorough as I possibly could. I'm not too familiar with Dells since its been awhile since I used on personally but I think the files ran just as smoothly before FH gotten this update. If all else fails even after some other floofs offer up some suggestions, it could very well be that their computer isn't capable of handling such files.. I don't know what the 'current update' for Dells are, like how with Windows 7+ but hopefully there's at least a bit of solution to your friend's problem.

Good Luck ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Sabermoons

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Hoi^^
    • https://jazzy34511.deviantart.co
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 01:22:33 am »
Just in case that their computer is in fact able to handle Markings + Items...

Make sure that they do have the latest files. Just in case these are the ones that most users seems to be using:
> Legendary Markings 4.1 <
> Legendary Items 4.3 <

If these are the files that they have infact downloaded proceed to have them do the following steps:

For starters, have them first try and put either the items or the markings into the game, one file at a time ( Basically have them install either the markings file first or the items files first ) to see if it shows up or not. To get the 'Markings'...

Windows C: ( or whatever their main drive is ) >> Feral - Heart >> Media >> Textures >> Markings
They're going to then, open up the file that has the markings in it and copy + paste everything in there into that specific folder. If it asks them to replace, select 'yes.'
Once that is done and out of the way, they're going to then take the 'markings.cfg' and put that into their main feral-heart folder.

Windows C: ( or whatever their main drive is ) >> Feral - Heart
Have them then drag that file into the main folder. If it asks to replace, select 'yes.'

*Make sure that the file is indeed a notepad file to them. If the file isn't a notepad file they can right click and say open as and then select notepad. If the option doesn't come up for them, have them go to more options after they right clicked it. Hopefully the notepad file would be an option available to them.

Now check and see if the markings show up in-game. Have them change rendering subsystems if needed and before installing make sure that the game wasn't up and running or else it won't show right away.

If everything is correct, you'll do the same procedure as the markings except the items would go into the 'Items' folder.

Windows C: ( Or whatever their main drive is ) >> Feral - Heart >> Media >> 'Items'
Then they'll copy + paste everything that's in that file from the download into that folder. After that's completed they will then put the 'Items.cfg' file into their main FH folder.

Windows C: ( or whatever their main drive is ) >> 'Feral - Heart'
They would then drag that file into and replace when prompted to ask just like before.

*Just like the markings, make sure that particular file is a notepad file or else it won't work. Follow the steps as you did before to open or save the file as a notepad file.*

And then check the game to see if the items showed up correctly, changing rendering subsystems if needed.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing and / or too lengthy, I tried to be thorough as I possibly could. I'm not too familiar with Dells since its been awhile since I used on personally but I think the files ran just as smoothly before FH gotten this update. If all else fails even after some other floofs offer up some suggestions, it could very well be that their computer isn't capable of handling such files.. I don't know what the 'current update' for Dells are, like how with Windows 7+ but hopefully there's at least a bit of solution to your friend's problem.

Good Luck ~!

Thanks^^, when me and him hang out again ill tell him :)
Profile picture by Kaen-Jane on Deviantart :)

I'm jazz^^