Author Topic: Eyelid glitch?  (Read 1827 times)

Offline clumsygecko

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Eyelid glitch?
« on: November 26, 2017, 10:23:52 pm »
I was working on a preset, but after I finished it I noticed that every one of my characters that didn't have a preset had the default eyelid color on all of the eye masks.
Does anyone know how I can fix this? I tried to use my backup masks files to replace the ones in my current folder, but nothing changed.

EDIT: Fixed the problem! I had accidentally named the eye image for my preset feyeShade which I guessed kind of replaced the original in a way. Just renamed the file and it seemed to resolve the issue. Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:05:18 am by penumbra »

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Eyelid glitch?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 11:05:23 pm »
You pull up the eye mask in your art program and you color the default color square whatever color you want. That's the eyelid.

Offline clumsygecko

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 12:25:58 am »
Aaa the preset is fine, it's just the characters without the presets. ;n; I'd upload a picture but it's not showing up on the forum. (the img tag isn't working for some reason.) The eyelid color won't change with the above eye color.
The reason I mentioned the preset is because I was opening eye masks from the masks folder in a painting program. I figure I must've messed something up in the folder but since I replaced everything with no effect, I'm guessing it's something different.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:32:16 am by penumbra »

Offline Speedyscout122

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Hello, welcome to my rubbish dump.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 09:44:57 pm »
Aaa the preset is fine, it's just the characters without the presets. ;n; I'd upload a picture but it's not showing up on the forum. (the img tag isn't working for some reason.) The eyelid color won't change with the above eye color.
The reason I mentioned the preset is because I was opening eye masks from the masks folder in a painting program. I figure I must've messed something up in the folder but since I replaced everything with no effect, I'm guessing it's something different.
I unfortunately can't help you with your eyelid issue, but I did make a post on how to add images~ Here it is if you want it: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62635.0 I hope this helped floof! <3
The one person who joined later then the first day of time.

Offline clumsygecko

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 01:30:17 am »
I appreciate the help! ;v; I tried that before but it left a big blank spot so i'm still not sure,
https://i.imgur.com/Aa8ENtZ.png
^ Here's the link to the picture though!

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 02:21:21 am »
Maybe it's something in the coding of the preset's material file? Have you touched it at all?

in-game: hooli

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 04:13:19 am »
Do you remember the textures you installed? Because I was thinking maybe reinstall the textures [because you must have messed with the wrong file] and put them back in Textures [and then put another copy in Masks]. Should fix your problem. :)

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline clumsygecko

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 12:21:26 am »
Maybe it's something in the coding of the preset's material file? Have you touched it at all?

I replaced the image with the eye image I wanted to use for the preset, but the eyelid glitch isn't affecting any of my presets, just the characters without them. Like if I go to make a new character, the eyelid is always that color no matter what color I make the above eye. :,o

Do you remember the textures you installed? Because I was thinking maybe reinstall the textures [because you must have messed with the wrong file] and put them back in Textures [and then put another copy in Masks]. Should fix your problem. :)

I reinstalled all the original fh textures/masks, but it didn't fix it.

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 11:20:04 pm »
Can you tell me what you have the eye file name as? Perhaps that might be causing the normal feralheart eye/eyelid to be overwritten. May be the same name.

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 06:07:58 am »
I'll be locking this since the thread author stated in their first post that they fixed the problem~ c:
Farewell everyone<3