Author Topic: Two Issues  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Jusline

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Two Issues
« on: May 13, 2018, 12:36:07 am »
Issue #1: There could potentially be more players joining the game if registration wasn't always closed. I have a friend that would like to try the game out and cannot due to it being closed. I'm not sure if there is a logical reasoning behind this or not.

Issue #2: The Windows download zip needs to be altered (fixed). A lot of people are having the same issue that I had when I returned to this game a couple of days ago. 90% of the other players I was seeing were white, apart from their manes. I thought it was some sort of trend until I realized other people were commenting on it as well. The fix was the legendary zip. Replace marking.cfg in main FH folder, and replace all markings in the markings folder.

I apologize in advance if this topic is in the incorrect thread. Thank you in advance for any explanations on these.

Offline LycanSIXX

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Two Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:49:47 am »
The things is, registration does open, randomly. A lot of people complain about it, but that's not changing.

As for the markings, since having them is optional even though a lot of users use them, it's up to the player to remedy that issue in their own.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 03:21:37 am »
If the person that could open registration could double the time it was open that'd be great.  As for the markings, i think a more are coming this coming update.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 04:43:32 am »
I'll be moving this topic over to the Games Opinions & Ideas board, as I believe it would be more appropriate regarding the subject matter of your thread.~

To briefly touch on the suggestions you've given, we do have a reasoning behind why the Registration system is currently set at the way it is (opening every 12 hours). You can read up a bit more thoroughly here.

As for the second issue, the most popular marking pack (I will assume you are referring to this one), the Legendary Marking Pack, is not owned by staff, so we cannot put those markings in without permission from the owner of them. In addition to this, there are multiple marking packs created by users floating around out there, and we don't currently have a system that would be able to sustain a kind of pre-upload like our Preset Sync would. Staff, too, are intrigued by the idea of being able to play with more markings without having those textureless white blobs, but at this moment, it's not something we're 100% certain on how to go about implementing something like that. The Legendary pack link is pretty easy to find on the forum, though, with a quick search. c:

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.