Author Topic: Um o.o Virus  (Read 4371 times)

cheetac19

Um o.o Virus
« on: October 07, 2011, 01:13:56 am »
I was redirected just nearly got a virus from this forum, I wasn't sure where to post this or who to tell. I didn't click a link, just opened a topic and while I was reading it a new page opened from it and tried to give me a virus. My computer blocked it. I know what topic opened it, but I'm not sure who to report it to....

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Um o.o Virus
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 01:20:33 am »
There have been some strange ads on the site lately, you probably got attacked by one of them. I don't know what the status is on getting these ads fixed yet though...

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 01:21:58 am »
I've had this experience, too. Not a virus, per se, but I've been redirected to random pages with a "Skip Ad Here" in the top right-hand corner.

It's probably going to be gotten rid of soon.
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 01:23:13 am »
Well, posting a help post right here works just as good as reporting it to us via a pm.

If this is something that turns out to happen again or at a bigger magnitude, it must be looked into. We are sorry for this.

If there would be like said that it gives you a virus without you even clicking on it it's a very serious matter.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Thierry

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 01:26:02 am »
Tell me what antivirus do you use.
if you can, post a screenshot of the virus detected.
and also a screenshot of the ads you found at the thread where the virus was detected.

cheetac19

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 01:29:50 am »
Ok, hopefully it's something that can be fixed. I'll make sure to report it if it happens again ^^ Thanks all for answering so quickly.
Tell me what antivirus do you use.
if you can, post a screenshot of the virus detected.
and also a screenshot of the ads you found at the thread where the virus was detected.

I closed out of the topic and site it redirected me to right away, so I don't have any screenies. And I didn't even make it to the bottom of the first post where the ad was. :/ I use avg, on a trial for the full version of it. I'll try to see if avg saved anything about it when it blocked it.

Edit: Only thing I can find is this

If it helps any :/
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:41:11 am by Moonshade »

Thierry

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 01:45:47 am »
maybe it can be useful, i will analyse this but for now i need get to home.

Offline Blush

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 03:21:23 am »
My virus protection also has been going off on the forum. I have Avast though. It actually just went off on this thread. I am also seeing ads about sexy Russians on the forum? >w> Is this really something that should be an ad on this website?

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 06:54:10 am »
  Yes, I have noticed way more ads than usual for FH, and I even got redirected on this thread, and Macafee had to block it. There are even those roll over words that show ads everywhere, even in your post blush. It seems odd to me, for this to pop up all of a sudden.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 07:47:46 am »
It's rather annoying, actually.  Macafee didn't manage to block the malware that's affecting my computer, and even MalwareBytes can't remove it.  Note:  If you've got this fake anti-virus program called AV Guard Online infecting your computer, be careful.  It's a self-replicating program, and is very difficult to deal with, not to mention it makes an opening for more malware to slip in through.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:50:54 am by Toast »