Author Topic: Group Qustions  (Read 3339 times)

Offline Jacoby

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Group Qustions
« on: September 24, 2018, 12:39:56 pm »
Some people seem to enjoy the group questions I have, but I honestly have to many to post them individually. This is for, well research purposes since I'm soon going to be opening my own tribal like pack. Best I can describe it. So if you reply thank you, I really appreciate it and you're helping me a lot. c:

Does the name effect if you join or not?

How do you all feel about a role-play having custom markings? Does it make you want to join? If the pack is tribal? That leads me to the question, normal wolf packs or tribal wolf packs?

How do any of you feel about having a plot, that maybe includes some violence/ fights? Relating to religion?

Last question would you be interested in a role-play that described itself as; Multiple Mapped, Literate, Tribal, Religious, Plotted, Sited, and Dedicated?
If I'm offline I'm probably drinking vegan tea.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Group Qustions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 04:24:58 pm »
I'll throw in my two cents. c:

I would say the name has very little impact to my interest levels. If I like the look of the members and the information gathered about the roleplay, it would be enough to join for me personally.

How do you all feel about a role-play having custom markings? Does it make you want to join? If the pack is tribal? That leads me to the question, normal wolf packs or tribal wolf packs?
I don't mind personally! I think custom markings can be really fun and it can bring a unique feeling to the roleplay. I wouldn't say it'll make me WANT to join but I have a liking for it in roleplays. Personally, I would enjoy regular wolf packs. Though -- I have ran tribal groups before and it is a blast!

How do any of you feel about having a plot, that maybe includes some violence/ fights? Relating to religion?
I think it adds to the roleplays uniqueness. Plot is a great thing, and if it includes any sort of violence -- I would state that somewhere in the groups advertisement or through whisper so others know what they might be getting into; and if they can handle it. I have seen a lot of others who enjoy the religion aspect so I go by it, I would be sure to really put work into creating plot though because it is important to those wanting a plotted roleplay.

Last question would you be interested in a role-play that described itself as; Multiple Mapped, Literate, Tribal, Religious, Plotted, Sited, and Dedicated?
I would, but personally I enjoy mapless roleplays as I stated before. I think that sounds very nice though. c:
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Jacoby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 04:30:16 pm »
I'll throw in my two cents. c:

I would say the name has very little impact to my interest levels. If I like the look of the members and the information gathered about the roleplay, it would be enough to join for me personally.

I don't mind personally! I think custom markings can be really fun and it can bring a unique feeling to the roleplay. I wouldn't say it'll make me WANT to join but I have a liking for it in roleplays. Personally, I would enjoy regular wolf packs. Though -- I have ran tribal groups before and it is a blast!

I think it adds to the roleplays uniqueness. Plot is a great thing, and if it includes any sort of violence -- I would state that somewhere in the groups advertisement or through whisper so others know what they might be getting into; and if they can handle it. I have seen a lot of others who enjoy the religion aspect so I go by it, I would be sure to really put work into creating plot though because it is important to those wanting a plotted roleplay.

I would, but personally I enjoy mapless roleplays as I stated before. I think that sounds very nice though. c:

Ahh, thank you for replying yet again! c: It means a lot to me! Thank you for the advice!

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 04:35:13 pm »
Ahh, thank you for replying yet again! c: It means a lot to me! Thank you for the advice!

You are very welcome, Dizzy. I'm glad I could help! I have had maaany groups before so when I see someone looking to start one my instincts kick in haha! I hope to see your awesome roleplay around soon. I'll keep an eye out. c:

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 05:40:44 pm »
No, unless the name is "DeathHounds" or "Pack of the Evil Wolves." So, I suppose yes it does effect my choice to join, if it is a ridiculous name.

Having custom markings, in my opinion, makes the overall experience unique. However, if you are forced to use only those markings, it's a no from me. Originality doesn't mean only using one type of idea, as it becomes quite repetitive and less expressive. Now, if it is a marking that facilitates rank or status, then by all means that is wonderful. As long as I can layer it respectively upon my character, or somehow symbolize the rank using a reference rather than in-game character. Of course, the staff of the group can edit masks to correlate colors of war paint and such. I've thought of doing that myself. I've been in many tribal-based packs, some of which were nomadic and mapless. I've had my fair share of regular ol' wolf packs, as well. I cannot choose which is more enjoyable, however tribal packs tend to be more family-oriented and your characters form strong attachments as well as OOC.

Plots need their sweet and sour moments, that's what makes everything interesting. Religion, while not required, is an added touch that is often overlooked or not in-depth enough. Religion can mean anything to a tribe or pack, whether it's a spiritual process or but a daily ritual that has been around for centuries. If a group holds a religion, I expect them to go in depth of the why, how, where. Why do they worship these god(s)? Where do they worship? How do they worship? More importantly, I'd like some sort of material correlating with the god(s). It could be a tree that has stars around it, or it could be a rock with a blue splash painted on it. As for the violence and fighting, it is not required but again an added touch. Added touch, I mean, it doesn't happen 24/7 unless it is a full-on war. Overall, violence does not be one-shot kills everywhere. It needs to build up, sizing up each other's characters, telling subordinates and weaklings to flee for safety, etc. Lore and plot-building is nice to have, just because the leader farted crossways and therefore you attack his throat is not okay.

I am interested in all roleplays that offer maps, are literate, and are dedicated to it's wellbeing. While I am working on my own roleplay, I do not want to enter a roleplay since I don't want to get too involved and distracted. I partake in casual roleplays that last a couple of hours to a couple of days, just to keep my muse flowing. ^^ However, I wish you luck in recruiting people for your roleplay. It is a tough job, but I assure you it is well worth the wait and work.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Jacoby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 05:56:32 pm »
No, unless the name is "DeathHounds" or "Pack of the Evil Wolves." So, I suppose yes it does effect my choice to join, if it is a ridiculous name.

Having custom markings, in my opinion, makes the overall experience unique. However, if you are forced to use only those markings, it's a no from me. Originality doesn't mean only using one type of idea, as it becomes quite repetitive and less expressive. Now, if it is a marking that facilitates rank or status, then by all means that is wonderful. As long as I can layer it respectively upon my character, or somehow symbolize the rank using a reference rather than in-game character. Of course, the staff of the group can edit masks to correlate colors of war paint and such. I've thought of doing that myself. I've been in many tribal-based packs, some of which were nomadic and mapless. I've had my fair share of regular ol' wolf packs, as well. I cannot choose which is more enjoyable, however tribal packs tend to be more family-oriented and your characters form strong attachments as well as OOC.

Plots need their sweet and sour moments, that's what makes everything interesting. Religion, while not required, is an added touch that is often overlooked or not in-depth enough. Religion can mean anything to a tribe or pack, whether it's a spiritual process or but a daily ritual that has been around for centuries. If a group holds a religion, I expect them to go in depth of the why, how, where. Why do they worship these god(s)? Where do they worship? How do they worship? More importantly, I'd like some sort of material correlating with the god(s). It could be a tree that has stars around it, or it could be a rock with a blue splash painted on it. As for the violence and fighting, it is not required but again an added touch. Added touch, I mean, it doesn't happen 24/7 unless it is a full-on war. Overall, violence does not be one-shot kills everywhere. It needs to build up, sizing up each other's characters, telling subordinates and weaklings to flee for safety, etc. Lore and plot-building is nice to have, just because the leader farted crossways and therefore you attack his throat is not okay.

I am interested in all roleplays that offer maps, are literate, and are dedicated to it's wellbeing. While I am working on my own roleplay, I do not want to enter a roleplay since I don't want to get too involved and distracted. I partake in casual roleplays that last a couple of hours to a couple of days, just to keep my muse flowing. ^^ However, I wish you luck in recruiting people for your roleplay. It is a tough job, but I assure you it is well worth the wait and work.

I love your reply! Thank you!

I'll reply to some of the things. To do with tribal markings;
I had only thought about tribal markings to signify ranks or hierarchy. Maybe a small stripe to resemble what religion whom follow. Though I indent on it being optional but necessary to the hierarchy.

Religion;
Well I had never thought about having a picture of the god, but now that you say it. It would be a decent touch, just finding the right person that can draw something along those lines would be tough. I feel like most people don't go that in depth because in reality if no one wants to join the role-play you've created then all the art work and hours of information you've wrote just goes to waste, and most people who've had but multiple role-plays understand the feeling of annoyance it causes. But going on the war thing, I had planned the backstory of the pack to of course be an all out war. Not the actual pack, but occasionally small fights or disagreements.

Also that perfectly fine, I wasn't asking you to join I was only asking how it sounded. c: I wish you insane luck on you're roleplay, I bet it'll be beautiful, and perhaps we could be allies in the near future when both our roleplays are done? c:

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 04:02:22 am »
Hmm, interesting! Why not cx

Honestly, I think the name effects it a lot in some cases. Personally, I'm drawn to groups that have a catchy or neat name. Ones I remember most out of ones I was truly invested in are: NightRaid (I miss them ;-;) and Audacious Wolf Pack (later named Suavis Wolf Pack.) Ahh... I miss them both so much.. But then of course you had Benevolent Wolf Pack. Those are the three packs I remember most, Benevolent because of the name, and the other two, not only because of the name but because I loved those groups so much.

Personally, when it comes to custom markings, I don't really care for it. Especially if it's mandatory to have them on your character. Sometimes I'll have a character that I feel would fit perfectly with the group, yet... The markings are an issue due to me not wanting to change my character. But oh well. Every once in a while though I'll feel up to trying out making a character for the group with the markings. As for the second question, I prefer normal packs because they allow me to let my creativity flow more than as it would in a tribal based one due to restraints, but that's just me cx

When it comes to plots, I don't mind it at all. Sometimes, rarely though, a plot will catch my eye to where I will want to play along with it. Sometimes I can be picky pff. However, having a plot is nice. It gives you a platform to develop your character and put them through situations where you wouldn't have even thought of taking them, or you can just wing it and see what happens. Sometimes the best and funniest things come of it, too! However when it comes to fighting over a religion, I always try to avoid those situations~

Ehh, not really DX It's just not what I'd like to get wrapped up in. Personally, I prefer groups that are unmapped, and have a place outside of FH to talk, such as Skype or Discord for easy communication. A site is always nice, it allows for a place all members can go and talk specifically about the group, play games, place their bios to share with everyone, as well as have a library of information lied out for those who wish to know more, or must know more to do things within the group, and so much more~ I do prefer literate, but not so strict like some others. We all make mistakes, no need to worry about them and having to be perfect all the time! Dedicated is always nice because then you always have members around to talk to and RP with! That, and it doesn't feel so dead half the time, heh. The reason why I don't really like mapped groups is because sometimes it's a hassle getting the map and everything, as well as sometimes you can be limiting yourself out of how many people can join due to them not being able to download maps for whatever reason.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 04:16:07 am »

Ones I remember most out of ones I was truly invested in are: NightRaid (I miss them ;-;) and Audacious Wolf Pack (later named Suavis Wolf Pack.) Ahh... I miss them both so much.. Those are the three packs I remember most, Benevolent because of the name, and the other two, not only because of the name but because I loved those groups so much.

Awwwwh, Raynell! I miss Suavis too, maybe someday if I get enough time I can start it up again. In the far future most likely. That is so sweet nonetheless and it meant a lot. Thank you. <3

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 04:25:11 am »

Ones I remember most out of ones I was truly invested in are: NightRaid (I miss them ;-;) and Audacious Wolf Pack (later named Suavis Wolf Pack.) Ahh... I miss them both so much.. Those are the three packs I remember most, Benevolent because of the name, and the other two, not only because of the name but because I loved those groups so much.

Awwwwh, Raynell! I miss Suavis too, maybe someday if I get enough time I can start it up again. In the far future most likely. That is so sweet nonetheless and it meant a lot. Thank you. <3

Aye, I knew you'd see that X3 No problem! I only speak the truth cx
Only if you wish to, it's all up to you. You know I'll always be willin' to help~

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 07:42:14 am »
Oh, jee. I just realized haven't been active in a grouped role-play in like 2 years. :( That just made me sad. I wish I had the time to, lol!

But, to answer your questions!:

The name sometimes affects me a bit. If a group has a cooler name, then heck yeah, I'm a bit more interested! It sounds cooler saying you're a member of, like, The NightRaid (stole the name from the other post bc I thought it was actually a super cool name) than something like ehh, Pretty Wolves, you know? But it doesn't have that much of a grasp over whether I would join a group or not.

To be honest, I LOOK for role-plays that have custom markings on their characters. If I'm not using a preset, I will definitely be using the mass markings pack & I would love for the other members to be already able to see me. :)

LOVE plots. Although random role-plays where you're just kinda bumbling along together are nice sometimes too! But, some-what loose plots are my favorites.
The more "mature" the role-play, the better, in my opinion. I just feel like you have the opportunity to do more.
I've never been in a role-play that had a religious aspect to it (unless you count Warrior Cats maybe, kind of?), but, I find it intriguing! Even more so if it's a made-up religion specifically designed for the role-play!

The description of what I'm assuming is your group idea sounds splendid! Multiple maps sounds intriguing. I, myself, prefer mapless role-plays. I've grown quite attached to the maps within the game & I think they're perfect for role-playing! Not that a user-created map wouldn't be... I've found that mapless role-plays have always been more active for me. :)
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com