Author Topic: Regarding the Forum Banners  (Read 5479 times)

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding the Forum Banners
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 06:00:58 pm »
I have to admit I think it would be a very neat thing to do on the site to keep the banners interesting. Though I do admit I still do enjoy the banners used currently.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 04:46:32 pm »
Indeed we have had banner contests in the past and it would be nice to see them make a return however there have been a few draw backs as to why we haven't had more recently. For one most of the staff team is busy with their own projects as well as the numerous current contests and events we have. It takes a lot of work, time, effort, and planning just to set up for a particular event for instance. We also have been refreshing the site by cleaning boards recently and updating rules and stickies, thus if we did decide to resurrect the banner contest we would also have to rethink how we hold it, judge it, and what particular rules and themes will be set for it.

We have had a few discussions about resurrecting this old contest recently but as Vespian stated we haven't gotten to a solid decision yet due to a few issues that emerge each time we consider the idea. This isn't to say that we will never have banner contests again though. The main issue has been deciding upon themes that are mostly Feral Heart & Community related but do not focus solely on one particular group too much. The wider the audience that the theme relates to the better. The idea is that the contest shouldn't be held too often so that means that the banners themselves need to be fairly relevant for at least the time of a year. We are trying to avoid any seasonal themes although I do like the MOTS banner that you suggested. Also since most of our events & contests are now seasonal we may have to reconsider exactly how often we will be changing the banners and if we can keep up with it. Perhaps for the preset contest banner we can show the particular years winners instead of the seasons winners to cut down on the frequency need to change the banner.

Due to the amount of events & contests that we already have with a limited staff team we wouldn't want to exhaust our resources or the staffy themselves. We have had delays in the past with preset contest judging and prizes so we don't want that to happen again. We want that each of our contests and events are held in a timely and orderly fashion. For that reason we would need to formulate a steady schedule with the banner contest to assure that it doesn't impede with the schedule of any of the other contests or events. Although the prize of the banner contest is simply a banner and that shouldn't be to demanding on the staff it's the general organization, theme, and management that concerns us.

I understand Lord~
Judging art is usually very difficult.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 10:02:41 am »
Ahh, yes. I see where your getting at, believe it or not they are quite old now and they would require a bit of change. I would personally suggest having a banner with all the current staffies out there. It would give a great feel to the community; I mean, we all love active staff right? And so a banner like so, would show that all staff get in-game, eventually if not frequently.

I would also suggest a banner with a few members as well as staff; we gotta love those out-going floofs that spend their time in-game "socializing" with others. Indeed, its sad that the banner contests have been halted and its a bit dull "Art-competition wise", but I guess a staffie could make a thread and ask for screenshots of whole groups? Screenshots that show the togetherness of the community.

Anywho, that's my two cents.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

DreamerDay

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 08:22:39 pm »
Since it is a new year...I assuming this idea is never going to happen? Unless, its still in discussion...>.>

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 08:32:18 pm »
Since it is a new year...I assuming this idea is never going to happen? Unless, its still in discussion...>.>

No there is no "never" to this. We're currently working on other things but it's still under consideration/discussion. We appreciate your continued interest.