Author Topic: Who nuzzle me?  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 62
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
Who nuzzle me?
« on: October 29, 2016, 04:52:37 pm »
You guys know about the floof metre, right? Wouldn't it be nice to know who gave you a floof?  Here's my idea; when someone clicks nuzzle, they can type in a reason for the floor and click OK. The person who was floofed is notified.

Sounds good?

Signature by LuCiiPeR via dA ;D

Please check out my deviantArt: http://swiftyswoo.deviantart.com/

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
Re: Who nuzzle me?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 05:02:49 pm »
That's a cool idea, I have a floof and I have no idea who gave it to me!
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 05:04:34 pm »
Same here fellow brit! Some people just do it cos why not but maybe it's something more. It would be nice to know hm?

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 05:32:31 pm »
This is a great idea. I always wanted to know who nuzzled me.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 06:09:43 pm »
Definitely a good idea

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 10:20:18 pm »
I'm completely up for this idea too! I think it would be great to know!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 03:10:42 am »
My thoughts are a bit different on this subject, but I like where you're coming from and can definitely see why it would be a nice thing to tell who exactly it is that nuzzles you. I've been there before where I've noticed a nuzzle and it does make me want to thank whomever gave it, even if it's a very small (but sweet) gesture, however...

I think what makes the Nuzzle/Floof-O-Meter so interesting is that we don't know who gave the floof-- and I think it makes it exciting, to say the least, having no idea who gave you a nuzzle. While this contradicts your point a bit, I think that the very concept that we cannot be certain of whom gave the nuzzle is exactly what makes it so interesting and still a fun option to be implemented into the forum. There have been times when I have given a nuzzle and did not necessarily wish for that person to know that it was me who nuzzled them-- simply knowing that at some point they might see the little number rise by one number was good enough. I think, in a way, I would rather not know who nuzzled me and rather have either a bit of guesswork on my own part or simply not have to think too hard about it.

If we knew who nuzzled us, I feel like this may be abused in some way, although not in the way that you may think. By being "abused," I mean that some users may feel like nuzzling a specific user in knowledge that they (the person who was nuzzled) may notice them and give them attention for the sake of being noticed. There may also be the case that some users may feel the need to nuzzle a user back if they were nuzzled, and then, it becomes more of a "Nuzzle me! I'll nuzzle you back," or "Thanks for the nuzzle!... Does that mean I have to nuzzle back as a thank you? Will they think that I'm not nice if I don't nuzzle back?" and it loses the whole point of the nuzzle system and could become an entirely new thing. It then becomes more of a necessary and something that one may feel obligated to give rather than by one's own true intention (that is, they shouldn't feel like they have to give one in return if they don't feel like congratulating somone with a nuzzle). On numerous other websites, such as Tumblr and Instagram, any sort of "like" feature can fall victim to this, and I think it could easily be abused in a very similar way, even though it's not malicious. Truthfully, I feel like it loses its charm as soon as it becomes a system of exchanging graditude rather than simply giving a small pat of appreciation to someone. I think the anonymity is what makes it special and fun.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts on this, although I have to agree that there have been times when I too have personally been a bit curious. I do like the idea of having a notification when your Floof-O-Meter goes up. I think that would be something interesting to add. Thank you for your suggestion!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:19:46 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 07:28:47 am »
My thoughts are a bit different on this subject, but I like where you're coming from and can definitely see why it would be a nice thing to tell who exactly it is that nuzzles you. I've been there before where I've noticed a nuzzle and it does make me want to thank whomever gave it, even if it's a very small (but sweet) gesture, however...

I think what makes the Nuzzle/Floof-O-Meter so interesting is that we don't know who gave the floof-- and I think it makes it exciting, to say the least, having no idea who gave you a nuzzle. While this contradicts your point a bit, I think that the very concept that we cannot be certain of whom gave the nuzzle is exactly what makes it so interesting and still a fun option to be implemented into the forum. There have been times when I have given a nuzzle and did not necessarily wish for that person to know that it was me who nuzzled them-- simply knowing that at some point they might see the little number rise by one number was good enough. I think, in a way, I would rather not know who nuzzled me and rather have either a bit of guesswork on my own part or simply not have to think too hard about it.

If we knew who nuzzled us, I feel like this may be abused in some way, although not in the way that you may think. By being "abused," I mean that some users may feel like nuzzling a specific user in knowledge that they (the person who was nuzzled) may notice them and give them attention for the sake of being noticed. There may also be the case that some users may feel the need to nuzzle a user back if they were nuzzled, and then, it becomes more of a "Nuzzle me! I'll nuzzle you back," or "Thanks for the nuzzle!... Does that mean I have to nuzzle back as a thank you? Will they think that I'm not nice if I don't nuzzle back?" and it loses the whole point of the nuzzle system and could become an entirely new thing. It then becomes more of a necessary and something that one may feel obligated to give rather than by one's own true intention (that is, they shouldn't feel like they have to give one in return if they don't feel like congratulating somone with a nuzzle). On numerous other websites, such as Tumblr and Instagram, any sort of "like" feature can fall victim to this, and I think it could easily be abused in a very similar way, even though it's not malicious. Truthfully, I feel like it loses its charm as soon as it becomes a system of exchanging graditude rather than simply giving a small pat of appreciation to someone. I think the anonymity is what makes it special and fun.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts on this, although I have to agree that there have been times when I too have personally been a bit curious. I do like the idea of having a notification when your Floof-O-Meter goes up. I think that would be something interesting to add. Thank you for your suggestion!

Hmm I can see where you're coming from. .. It could be an option to let the person you nuzzle know it was you and put a reason? Anyway, thanks for your opinions people. :)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 08:45:55 am »

Hmm I can see where you're coming from. .. It could be an option to let the person you nuzzle know it was you and put a reason? Anyway, thanks for your opinions people. :)

I agree with a lot of the points that Warrior made and I like the idea you had for the option to let someone know. I still personally don't care if I ever know who did it. Sometimes I can take a guess if they say "+floof" that that was them who did it, but sometimes I get a random one out of nowhere and feel glad that someone out there saw something that I did or said and liked it enough to take the time to click the Nuzzle button xD I'm silly like that. Appreciate the small things in life in my opinion. There's an excitement to not knowing, but I can also see where you're coming from when saying that you'd want to see who it was that did it.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.