Author Topic: How to make a preset using Krita or MediBang Paint  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Kaiden123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • henlo
    • View Profile
How to make a preset using Krita or MediBang Paint
« on: September 21, 2018, 03:55:59 pm »
I'm interested in making presets and I have these programs. Gimp is a pain for me so does anyone use these programs and how?
henlo.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a preset using Krita or MediBang Paint
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 04:07:26 pm »
Heyo!

I personally will use Paint Tool Sai. You can find free versions of it on the interwebs actually if you simply search "Paint Tool Sai Free"! It's really easy to use and get the hang of, though I never figured out how to get manes to work through PTS so you may want to use another program for that. But yes, PTS is what I will use and I suggest giving it a go if it interests you! c:
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 04:13:34 pm »
I made some presets with MediBang paint and I definitely reccomend using it if you don't have SAI or for some reason cannot use it!
It's very simple, just do whatever you'd do with making presets on GIMP. MediBang paint is amazing on tablets and It works just fine for presets! 
Also, @Bawfle posted a free SAI program if you're ever interested in trying that out. You can download it from this page here!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:15:35 pm by Valar.Morghulis »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Kaiden123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • henlo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 06:50:43 pm »
I made some presets with MediBang paint and I definitely reccomend using it if you don't have SAI or for some reason cannot use it!
It's very simple, just do whatever you'd do with making presets on GIMP. MediBang paint is amazing on tablets and It works just fine for presets! 
Also, @Bawfle posted a free SAI program if you're ever interested in trying that out. You can download it from this page here!

Thanks! And is it possible for me to import preset files to my phone and make them using a drawing app?
henlo.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 07:32:58 pm »
Thanks! And is it possible for me to import preset files to my phone and make them using a drawing app?
To import the image textures, yes! But, double check things of importance:
Whether or not it has Alpha (transparency)
The file is 513 x 513 pixels

From then on, you'll need to edit the .material files using your computer. :)

(in case you don't know how to import the images, you can simply e-mail them to yourself or message them to a friend on Facebook! They'll be saved in the cloud easily.)

stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 09:48:53 pm »

Yes it is! I use mediafire to upload any texture photos and of course the reference photos (uv of the body,head,etc). On android it seems like medibang is a bit different, hopefully it works out well for you! I personally use an ipad for drawing and creating the preset.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox