Author Topic: Game Idea that annoys me  (Read 4341 times)

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Game Idea that annoys me
« on: October 21, 2013, 05:26:43 am »
One thing that annoys me is:

People claiming to  make another version on FeralHeart. You don't have coding. And to be honest, it doesn't make you sound smart at all.... and you think you still can and crap but you can't. Even when TONS of users say it's not possible, you quickly reply "yes I can" and "yes it is". No, it's not. I may not know how to re-code even, but I'm smart enough to know this. It's just, UHG becuase you think you know everything about the topic but you don't. It's obvious you don't know, and when others tell you, you don't do anything but talk back. This isn't just for a certain user, I've seen it all over the place and I'm not going to say usernames because I shouldn't. But it's my opinion, honestly. But for me, it's annoying seeing posts like this. This isn't remaking it, it's just the people who want to make a different version. There's a difference there.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Game Idea that annoys me
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:50 pm »
Yes, its annoying, and you need a WHOLE team of coding people with high tech degrees and YEARS to try and copy it.
Its impossible.  Nothing else really needs to be said.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Birdi

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Whatcha lookin at chump?(Ingame user: Birdi)
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:41:09 pm »
I think it's a terrible idea. I agree with you all. It's okay to think you can, but you need to expect to see failure. FeralHeart is a unique game and I don't want anyone taking it and copying it. That's basically plagiarism! If you want a FH-like game that's fine, but don't try to copy it. It makes you sound like you think that FH is lower than your big ideas. FeralHeart cannot and will not be remade. That is the end of it.

(And I think this topic should be in general discussion..)

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 05:36:16 pm »

It's a game opinion, that's why it's here.... I thought about putting it there, who knows.
LOL a Mod'll fix it |D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:37:56 pm by Shadow Angel »

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »
I must agree with this idea. Even if I dun know anything, I'm thinking in doing a remake of FeralHeart... or game closely to that. (first, two points: I dun know C++ and dun know how to model :I) But it will be not like copy-paste. I hope there are some new features xD But... I need permission of Kovu. That's the problem. D:
Also, there is already a successfull remake: FeralHeart+. And Simba asked for permission. It's not just "UH, KOVU ISN'T HERE SO I MAY DO REMAKE OF FH FREELY :)" But not, you really need permission from the creator of the game.
Well these are my points. c:

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 08:31:21 pm »
I must agree with this idea. Even if I dun know anything, I'm thinking in doing a remake of FeralHeart... or game closely to that. (first, two points: I dun know C++ and dun know how to model :I) But it will be not like copy-paste. I hope there are some new features xD But... I need permission of Kovu. That's the problem. D:
Also, there is already a successfull remake: FeralHeart+. And Simba asked for permission. It's not just "UH, KOVU ISN'T HERE SO I MAY DO REMAKE OF FH FREELY :)" But not, you really need permission from the creator of the game.
Well these are my points. c:

:O I MUST TEACH YOU! Lul.
Welp. I'm pretty dang sure I know someone who actually knows Kov. But. He hasn't been online for about a week, so I can't talk to them at the moment.

Anyway! Thanks yew all for the agreement. It just *UHG* it's insane how blind people can be. "You need codes". "No I don't!". If you THINK you don't need codes... then... you need to like... Lul you need to learn! *Don't make posts about something if you don't know how to do it.* *Lemme rephrase-- Don't mae posts unless you know what you're doing >:U*

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 10:05:21 pm »
I agree with this. It's nice to have an idea of something compared to Feral Heart, but again, it's simply an idea. Unless you understand code language (which is not simple under any degree), are dedicated to the idea, and get more people on board, you cannot have a game. It doesn't have to be just for a "Feral Heart" remake, but any game in general. Some people can have the neat idea to make a game, next thing you know, someone with the resources can just as easily take them and execute a game before the person can. That's another thing to take into consideration. In my opinion, it's better to create the game first, then boast about it being released. That way, your team is set, patience is paid off, and people can roam around in your new game.

I think it's a terrible idea. I agree with you all. It's okay to think you can, but you need to expect to see failure. FeralHeart is a unique game and I don't want anyone taking it and copying it. That's basically plagiarism! If you want a FH-like game that's fine, but don't try to copy it. It makes you sound like you think that FH is lower than your big ideas. FeralHeart cannot and will not be remade. That is the end of it.

Just to add, I don't exactly know if Feral Heart would be under copyright. Just because people are familiar with it, doesn't really make it "copywritten." Since Feral Heart doesn't belong to a commercial entity, it wouldn't lead to trouble. Now, plagiarism, possibly yes. If the person takes the idea, wording, or taken source material. However, if it's similiar, but has its own original idea, then it's acceptable. There is always a line between inspiration and copying.  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:07:29 pm by FoxPhilosopher »
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 11:09:19 pm »
Aye Fox, there is a supposed fine line, but some people try and blur it, Making it very difficult to see Inspiration and just plain Copy Cating.
(Yes, I made a new word, :D)

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 01:50:50 am »
 I find some annoying, not all. Ocassionally you get people who present there idea's clearly and it's obvious they have decent understanding on what will need to be done. Those rare people understand they need to create their own source code, models, ect. I don't mind those people.
    I do mind the people who, annoyed that Kuvo has left us and taken the source code with him so that they will never get their precious PvP and Unicorn models, (yet they still play for some reason-maybe there not that important -gasp-) decide out of the blue that they know EVERYTHING necessary to create a MMORPG and will therefore create a brand new Feral Heart, giving little to no respect or even acknowledgements to the creator. Thats when I get annoyed. And I'm pretty sure FH is either copyrighted or trademarked to kuvo, so wouldn't they run into some issuse there?

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 02:27:01 am »
Oh, yes. It's also insanely annoying how people say "I want to recreate FeralHeart....... it has less lag, good graphics, PvP battle arenas, and taming animals like IW..." OMGGGGG this makes me freaking SCREAMMMMM it's called an IT SERVERRRRRRRRR

HELLLOOOOO anyone hoomeee?? Again, if you even KNOW what IW is, then you'll understand that IT is shut down, and IW is a freaking server! So yeah. Make your own dang textures to make it look like FH enough and BANG! there you go. You've got everything you just explained above. The only thing is, it's IT and not FH.