Author Topic: Help?  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Help?
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:56:04 pm »
Could someone turn my model into a .mesh? I don't have a converter, and I have to put it in IT.

Offline manatee34

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 02:47:17 am »
 i just got this game and i really don't know how to start playing the game i am logged in and all that but how do i actually play the game it sounds really really fun and i am sad that i dnt know how to play. plz help :(  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( it would make my day if u could plz help me

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 04:08:11 am »
I recommend you put this topic in the "Game Help" section of the forum.
For one, you'll get good answers from awesome, wise floofs there, and for two, that's just where a thread such as this should go in the first place.
Please be careful where you post in the future. c:

As for the actual question, I'm unsure how to answer it as I don't really deal with meshes and all that.
Again, if you mention this question in the "Game Help" section of the forum, I'm positive you'll get a good answer. c:
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:05:52 pm »
This has nothing to do with the game, as I said this model needs to go in IT, not FH. I currently made an IT Server and I'm using my own models.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 06:57:35 pm »
Yes this is unrelated to FH and so this thread is in the right spot.
Also do you not have like blender that can render that in?
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 08:05:07 pm »
I was told blender can't change .obj or .blend to a .mesh. I need the .obj>.mesh

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 08:09:17 pm »
Yes this is unrelated to FH and so this thread is in the right spot.

If you all would've even read the one and only sentence that I put out there in the first place, you would know this have nothing to do with FH.

Quote from: Shadow
..I have to put it in IT.
[/b][/color]

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 07:01:41 am »
Blender can export .xml files which can then be converted to .mesh with the Ogre CommandLineTools. I would recommend downloading an older version of Blender (2.49b) which has the correct exporting and importing scripts installed. For IT it's probably the best version of Blender to use, as I have been told.

You can download Blender 2.49b from here: http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.49b/

You will need to install Python 2.5 which can be found here: http://www.oldapps.com/Python.php?old_python=23

Lastly you will need the Ogre CommandLineTools version 1.6.0. The download I've provided for this is for Windows, not sure where I can find a download for different operating systems: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ogre/files/ogre-tools/1.6.0/OgreCommandLineTools_1.6.0.msi/download

Open Blender and with your object selected, click File > Export > OGRE MESHES. The exporting menu will show up. You can create the .material name if you have a texture applied and for the material I'm not exactly sure what settings should be applied but this is what mine looks like:

Where it says " Export Meshes Path: " you can choose where you want your meshes to export, choose where your CommandLineTools are installed.

Click Export and go to where your CommandLineTools folder. There should be a .material (if texture was applied) and your mesh which is a .xml format. Drag it into the OgreXmlConverter.exe file and it will convert it to a .mesh. You can now use it in your game.

I hope this helps :)

EDIT: I would take a look at the KITO forum for some tutorials on item making if you're having exporting problems.

http://kito.forum.com.bz/
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 07:08:15 pm »
Alright.

I've had a bunch of people tell me that Blender can change you model to a .mesh so I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 10:06:04 pm »
No worries, good luck! :3
Will be inactive due to work and exams.