Author Topic: [UPD: 20/3/2011]List of known "OGRE exception" errors  (Read 74705 times)

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
[UPD: 20/3/2011]List of known "OGRE exception" errors
« on: February 10, 2011, 07:11:38 pm »
I've been reading "Help" forums for a month, and I've seen many users encounter different "OGRE exception" errors. Of course, all games have bugs just after first release, but these are really annoying. And what is worst: nobody really knows (or just does not want to tell) how to fix them.
Maybe we just don't have enough information about these errors, so It would be a good idea to tell the World everything you know about them. Everything is important: the error message, version of your operating system, your hardware details (type of graphics card, CPU, motherboard) and versions of hardware drivers. The more information you will give, the higher a chance that Kov will fix all bugs.

As for me, I have not seen any of these exceptions on my computers, but I've read most of topics related to these exceptions in "Game help". Here are some of exceptions:

Code: [Select]
OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Zero sized texture surface on texture loading0.jpg face 0 mipmap 0. Probably, the GL driver refused to create the texture. in GLTexture::_createSurfaceList at c:\Ogre_161_tag\RenderSystems\GL\src\OgreGLTexture.cpp (line 394)
The most "popular" problem. Renderer fails to create a texture surface, something is wrong to you GL subsystem. Switching to Direct3D helps in some cases. If it will not help you will get the following message:
OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIEException): Failed to create Direct3D9 Device: Not available in D3D9RenderWindows::createD3DResources at c:\Orgre_161_tag\RenderSystems\Driect3D9\src\OgreD3DRenderWindow.ccp (line 597)
Updating video driver may also fix this.

The next one is:
OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): wglShareLists() failed in Win32PBuffer::createPBuffer at c:/Ogre_161_tag\RenderSystems\GL\src\OgreWin32RenderTexture.ccp (line 202)
I don't know much about this exception. If anybody knows, please report. It seems that changing rendering system helps.

One of the most easy-to-fix:
OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): OverlayElement with name SplashScreen/Loading not found. on OverlayManager::getOverlayElementImpl at c:\Ogre_161_tag\OgreMain\src\OgreOverlayManager.cpp (line 593)
This means that you have some texture missing, Re-downloading/reinstalling should fix it.

Some misc exceptions:
OGRE EXCEPTION(1:InvalidStateException): Cannot initialize - no render system has been selected. in Root::initialise at c:\Ogre_161_tag\OgreMain\src\OgreRoot.cpp (line 510)
The first line of your ogre.cfg is wrong/missing or you have lost the whole file.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorExeption): Can't find requested video mode. in D3D9RenderSystem::initialise at c:\Ogre_161_tag\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\src\OgreD3D9RenderSystem.cpp (line 560)
Current video mode (screen/window resolution) is not supported by Direct3D. Open ogre.cfg and set the right mode.
OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Option named 'Allow NVPerfHUD' does not exist. in Win32GLSupport::setConfigOption at c:\Ogre_161_tag\RenderSystems\GL\src\OgreWin32GLSupport.cpp (line 172)
You have set renderer to direct3d9, but the is no "Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem" section in your ogre.cfg

There are also some "mysterious" exceptions: I've found only a line number for them: line 259 and line 162. If you know something about them (ore any other error, as well), please tell.

UPD (Feb 16, 2011): Added new "line 162" error. Thanks to Chaos.
OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): wlgChoosePixelFormatARB()failed in Win32PBuffer::createPBuffer at c:\Ogre_161_tag\RenderSystems\GL\src\OgreWin32RenderTexture.cpp (line 162)
General OpenGL renderer failure: incorrect pixel buffer format. It may happen due to limitations of your hardware or just broken drivers.  At first, try this, if it fails, try to change rendering system

UPD2 (Mar 13, 2011): The easiest way to collect all information about your computer configuration is to use MSINFO32 utility which comes with Windows. To start MSINFO32 use following instructions:

1. Press WIN + R on your keyboard
2. When a new window opens type msinfo32 and click OK
3. Wait while program starts, then go to File -> Save (saving may take some time)
4. Post the file you just saved somewhere on forums.

Hope it will help.

UPD3 (Mar 18, 2011): Identifying exceptions by error number:
  • OGRE EXCEPTION(0:IOException): Unknown
  • OGRE EXCEPTION(1:InvalidStateException): FeralHeart failed to load some of it's modules. Reinstall the game.
  • OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Configuration files are wrong. Reinstall the game.
  • OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): FeralHeart failed to initialize your graphics card. It seems that something is wrong with your computer.
  • OGRE EXCEPTION(4:ItemIdentityException): FeralHeart failed to initialize it's own resources. There are duplicated resources due to installed mods. Remove mods/reinstall the game.
  • OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): FeralHeart failed to initialize it's own resources. Files got damaged, reinstall the game
  • OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Unknown
  • OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorExeption): Internal logic error. This should never happen. If you see this, you have found a bug, or your computer's hardware is unstable.
  • OGRE EXCEPTION(8: RuntimeAssertionException): Unknown
  • OGRE EXCEPTION(9: UnimplementedException): Unknown

UPD4 (Mar 20, 2011 ): Added more exceptions
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:11:00 am by Shell Prisoner »

Offline Aroxy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
Re: List of known "OGRE exception" errors
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 08:09:37 pm »
Very helpful, thanks! :)

~Aroxy

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 08:11:57 pm »
Thanks for posting, Shell, shall get proved quite helpful! (;

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 09:33:26 pm »
This should be stickied.

slycan

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 09:53:11 pm »
correct Gem

Protagonist

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 02:47:12 pm »
thank you

paperstars

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 05:48:18 pm »
At first I got the third one you had on here, and I tried using one of the other solutions to the other problems to see if it fixed it but now it says the one about the ogre.cfg.
I've un-installed it and re-installed it like twice or 3 times but it still says that. Do you know how to fix it?

paperstars

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 05:50:08 pm »
At first I got the third one you had on here, and I tried using one of the other solutions to the other problems to see if it fixed it but now it says the one about the ogre.cfg.
I've un-installed it and re-installed it like twice or 3 times but it still says that. Do you know how to fix it?

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 05:52:40 pm »
Thanks for posting! :3

SinLigereep

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 03:38:36 pm »
I'm getting the third message D: I wish I could play.
I'm on a Dell... using Windows Vista... with Intel Core 2 Duo.... Anyone know how to make the game work?
I've tried uninstalling and redownloading... but still get the same message. :<