Author Topic: Arokai, what do you think?  (Read 9900 times)

Offline peachbreeze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Arokai, what do you think?
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 03:19:41 am »
Mmm, well, many people has lost faith in Arokai including me, since it hasnt actually came out yet. I don't really have much of a comment, I dislike talking about because it raises my hopes but then back stabs them x)

.-.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 07:09:28 am »
If you want tiny updates about Arokai, follow this tumblr: http://shusanimation.tumblr.com/

They post screenshots of any work they've done/are doing towards the game.

The game is slowly progressing which is a good thing.

Offline DemonousNight

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 01:48:22 am »
Aro'kai has had some bad rumors going about but, I did see Superfeesh on a IT server not to long ago. The server was Royal Skies and she was in default. I can't recall her characters name but what I do know is that her user was SuperFeesh. Maybe its still being made maybe not but guys they expect it to be a really awesome game with major graphics, how long do you guys think its going to take to: Create models, textures, maps, quests (if it has them), color coding, movements, and other items. Feral-Heart may have been a little bit of a wait but that's because some of the items in-game like tree's and land textures come from Impressive Title files.

Offline kryoa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • rumble!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 11:49:40 am »
Im simply going to say, Aro'kai has a horrible Staff team.
I would play it however. The team is what puts me off.
icon by : gravitii @ deviantart

VanDracula

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 01:41:58 pm »

I really can't wait for Aro'kai to finally come out. I've been using DEMO character makers for a long time, gets kinda boring. I Really want to play the real MMO game. I've heard that Aro'kai has a horrible Staff team. I Could agree with that.
But yeah.. I'm sick of waiting.   :-\

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 03:26:50 pm »
Personally I dislike the impatience of many of the members of Arokai.
Reason being that since it's a game that isn't an IT server or FH, it requires its own coding. It's  incredibly difficult to code your own game when half the things that are required to be in the files you don't understand. It can and will take more than a year to finalize everything and make sure everything works and runs smoothly. Games like Isles of Eventide require A LOT of time and patience from both the Staff and the members before the game can actually be released. It's no use to brag about how long it takes when anything could be happening - not to sound hostile but no one has any clue what's going on right now while the game is in development except the Staff. I personally do not like to make rude comments about how long it takes for a game to be made because I don't have the experience to tell anyone that it "shouldn't" take this long.
All I'm grateful for is to know that the game is being worked on nevertheless, and there will be a time when it is finally released after lots and lots of understandable coding. You'd be surprised how few of people can actually code a game on there own, which is why some games expect high quality Staff members that know lots, especially when they're Coders.
Honestly can't wait to hear about the game's release though!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Queen_Innocent

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 06:57:06 pm »
I thought we weren't supposed to reply to threads that were made something like /two/ years ago..?

Eh?

Eh?????

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 07:13:52 pm »
I thought we weren't supposed to reply to threads that were made something like /two/ years ago..?

Eh?

Eh?????

I left the topic open since it is still relevant and we don't have a recent thread on this topic open. I'd rather let users comment on this thread than open a new thread on this same topic and clutter the boards. So long as the replies aren't spam or senseless irrelevant nonsense I leave the topic open.

As for the part of Arokai staff being horrible, while I do respect opinions I don't agree with that. Often times FH staff get labeled as horrible as well and it's usually because users either don't respect authority or understand what we really do or why we do it. I've spoken with and seen the work of some of the Arokai staff and I actually find some of them to be quite pleasant, out going, and helpful. I think that they are doing a fairly good job trying to manage and maintain a community while they don't even have a game up yet. Of course no staff team is perfect but I don't think they're just plainly horrible either.

Let's also emphasize that it's not really nice to say such things about one community in another because that makes it seem like we accept that kind of thing around here. I wouldn't like to see users talking poorly about FH or its staff on the Arokai forums and vice versa. It just doesn't look well when you look at both of our communities in general. We both have similar games and in a way it brings out communities together in a particular sort of likeness so instead of criticizing each other we should actually try to support one another.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:17:42 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline AtlanticPuffin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 08:46:43 pm »
Oh, Arokai. Been waiting for that for about four years now, still waiting. But, the fact that people keep on complaining about the fact that the game isn't out yet just irritates me. A game, especially that realistic, is not very easy to make. It is very hard and requires so much work. The staff try their best, and I see many people complaining about the fact that they keep on going on a break. They are people too! They need their break from doing such a hard job. In my opinion, I think they're doing a pretty good job on the game and that is about it. Still waiting, might not come out anytime soon, but at least they are working very hard on the game.
So, you want to create your own lion pride, fight others for territory and manage your cubs and lionesses? If so, join Lioden!, the game where you start your own pride and fight for your cubs and lions!
If interested, go here: http://lioden.com/register.php?r=82186
In-game name: AtlanticPuffin.
Where to find me: Bonfire Island.