Author Topic: Play Slender they said, IT'D BE FUN THEY SAID.  (Read 9841 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Play Slender they said, IT'D BE FUN THEY SAID.
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 06:47:00 pm »
Mrr, I think the Slender game relies on the building suspense, the creepiness of the atmosphere, and its silent, yet relentlessly stalking antagonist to really make it unnerving.

I've never sat down and played it, myself, but I have watched my friends play it (the first time was in broad daylight, on a school bus, and for some reason everybody was still losing their derps over it xD), and I have to say it's the human-not-human appeal about him that's unsettling.
Whatever the case may be, Slendy has still managed to scare many poor souls into not walking around the woods at night. xD I have a love-hate relationship with it, personally.

Although~ Once you get an eyefull of Slendy's classy cousin, Trender Man, Slendy takes on a much homier appeal.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 07:51:28 pm »
Although~ Once you get an eyefull of Slendy's classy cousin, Trender Man, Slendy takes on a much homier appeal.

That made me lol White x3

But like you said the thing that makes it so unsettling is the fact that the faint drums can be heard in the background, the suspense, the overwhelming feeling that something is behind you, the knowledge that even if you somehow win the game, you still get killed. But listening to these songs made me like Slendy:

Sympathy for Slenderman

The Slenderman Song

And also...

I've never sat down and played it, myself, but I have watched my friends play it (the first time was in broad daylight, on a school bus, and for some reason everybody was still losing their derps over it xD)

*tries to imagine a bunch of teenagers on a school bus playing Slender*

Wow, I wish I was there to witness that xD

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Sheka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Billie Joe Armstrong is my hero <3
    • refugee97.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 02:56:01 pm »
I don't think age matters tbh c:

I'm older then you Refugee, and I didn't get too scared while playing Resident Evil (well except for the jump scares) - but I did think Slender Man was really stressful and scary when you're kinda helpless against him. Same for the Amnesia game c:

We all get scared from different things I suppose. ^^

I never finished Slender Man either xD

Cheers~ // Shallow

I suppose different types of things scare different people, depending on personality, or how you were raised. Amnesia looks like a terrifying game haha. Resident Evil has some games that are scary, while others more action-based. I tell you there's a range. The first game was straight zombies, then it got more into bio-organic weapons (aka the big creatures the Umbrella Corp created out of the virus that caused the zombies in the first place)

This is a zombie you can find in Resident Evil 4, called an Iron Maiden. Still scares the crap out of me when I hear its shallow breathing.... O_o

But back to Slendy.. Idk its kinda like "I heard a noise in the middle of the night and don't know what it was" kind of scary. Not like visually frightening, or mentally. I've never finished it either, but only because of boredom.

In-game Username: Sheka
Characters: Sheka, Refugee, Renegade and Deirdre
My deviantART: refugee97.deviantart.com
Signautre (C) JimMoriarty

Offline Miraja

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 09:36:19 pm »
I am going to play Slender on 31st of December. My parents will go away with their friends, so I will be alone at home. Great moment for first visit in the forest...
~LEON~
Preset of Leon

Profile picture by TinyTail
Signature by Cherryheart aka Zeriten

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 09:51:42 pm »
Ehheh, Slender. A pretty fun game it is. I have to admit, the suspense of the atmosphere does toy with my mind and leaves me seeing/hearing things hours after I finish the game (even though I never got all the notes before. I keep getting caught). Though it's pretty amusing all in all, especially in the dead of night with all the lights turned off.
gone

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 10:13:17 pm »
The longest I played Slender was about an hour, and I only had 6 out of 8 pages, and that was to get back on the computer.
I was terrified beyond comprehension. ;3;