Poll

Do You Block?

Yes, always no matter how stressful the situation.
No, I never touch the block button.
I usually do.
Not very often.
It depends on the situation.

Author Topic: Do You Block?  (Read 8565 times)

Offline Dangeryena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Do You Block?
« on: June 26, 2013, 01:50:01 am »
I wanted to make this thread because I am extremely curious as to how many people actually block/are against it.

Most people I have seen in this game say that they are against blocking which just... I don't understand. I am personally all for blocking because why waste your time on anything that will stress you out? I actually don't end up blocking very much but that's simply because I don't usually get caught up in drama involving myself, or if I do it doesn't bother me at all. Yet I've seen people practically peeing themselves with anger yet they refuse to block the person who is causing them so much stress and making a much bigger situation than needed.

Many users don't even block spammers. Why seriously even bother doing anything more than blocking them? Do you think you'll earn a medal for yelling at them to stop by flooding the chat even more with caps? I actually find the reactions to spam more irritating than the spam itself and I often times end up trying to tell everyone else to just block them. Or I used to, but now I usually just turn off local until it's calmed down.

As for the answers I'd like to hear...

How willing are you to block another user? Why? How do you respond in a situation where you don't block someone?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:19:14 am by Sparx »
NazoXSparx/C R O C U T A in-game

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Re: Do You Block?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 02:02:16 am »
I haven't really needed to block anyone yet. One person I did block because they were getting on my nerves and wouldnt shut up. So honestly, Im all for it. I dont see why let someone who is stressing/annoying you do it when with a simple click of a button *Poof* and there pretty much out of your life, along with the stress. If your in a fight/argument, simple end it with "Hey gues what? BLOCK" and block them. Problem solved.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 02:12:26 am »
Eh. It depends on the situation and how its begin to cause problem. If I see someone just being rude to friends or me, I would quickly faster then a bunny rabbit, block you. Even though, I'm not that kind of rude person, I just have to do what's best and besides saying go away. Yeah. So once again, it depends on the situation and how and player is  behaving.

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 02:17:03 am »
Really to me, i hate haveing to block people. Because when you do this you are basicly takeing away there abilitie to talk to you later on (I know you can unblock but still), and sometimes they dont even know they are makeing you mad or upset. Normaly i only block people who
A.) know im stressed or upset, and kep doing it
B.)Speak a diff language and it fills up chat
C.)Powerplays a whole lot, and threatens to report me if i don't go along with it.
But normaly when i block them i wait maybe a day or so, then unblock them. On a normal basis, my block list is empty..(But my freinds list is a war zone, so many people..)
So yeah, Im kinda agianst it, but it is usefull at times.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 02:31:01 am »
I usually block only if this happens.

1. They yell at me in all caps and try to powerplay me, or even try to cause random drama in RP that's barely even two words. example, "bite" and that's it.
2. They try to stress me out and troll me. However, if they are breaking a rule I report then block.
3. Being unfair and dumb, yelling at me and stalking me, stuff like that. :P

Eh, I don't like blocking but meh. Not trying to be mean about blocking either. However, I think it's a bit odd if people block for these reasons because it's quite useless.

1. Blocking me because I was derping around in a tree, and they block me without warning or saying anything. o3o
2. Blocking me because they were upset for telling me about 'the rules'.
3. Blocking me so I can't report them. .-. Really? I'm glad this has not happened yet. That's why you never say "I'm reporting you," k? XD

I think I said what I was going to say here. But this is supposed to be no offense to anyone, really.

Offline Dangeryena

• Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 02:35:28 am »
I haven't really needed to block anyone yet. One person I did block because they were getting on my nerves and wouldnt shut up. So honestly, Im all for it. I dont see why let someone who is stressing/annoying you do it when with a simple click of a button *Poof* and there pretty much out of your life, along with the stress. If your in a fight/argument, simple end it with "Hey gues what? BLOCK" and block them. Problem solved.
Ditto, basically. Except I don't even bother giving them the luxury of knowing they're being blocked, although if it appears that, in some odd rare occasion, they're not trying to irritate me and I'm trying to be nice, I'll warn them that I will block them if they continue. After that it just happens whenever my last grain of patience is gone.

Eh. It depends on the situation and how its begin to cause problem. If I see someone just being rude to friends or me, I would quickly faster then a bunny rabbit, block you. Even though, I'm not that kind of rude person, I just have to do what's best and besides saying go away. Yeah. So once again, it depends on the situation and how and player is  behaving.
Ditto.

Really to me, i hate haveing to block people. Because when you do this you are basicly takeing away there abilitie to talk to you later on (I know you can unblock but still), and sometimes they dont even know they are makeing you mad or upset. Normaly i only block people who
C.)Powerplays a whole lot, and threatens to report me if i don't go along with it.
But normaly when i block them i wait maybe a day or so, then unblock them. On a normal basis, my block list is empty..(But my freinds list is a war zone, so many people..)

Personally I really don't think it matters if they can't talk to you later on because why would you want to? If they made me upset enough to want to block them I certainly wouldn't want to start a conversation with them. And it's not exactly the brightest idea to tell someone you're blocking them before you do because that tends to only stir up more mess. They probably wouldn't even know if you blocked them or not so it's not going to affect them personally unless you announce to them you're going to block them before you do.

1. They yell at me in all caps and try to powerplay me, or even try to cause random drama in RP that's barely even two words. example, "bite" and that's it.
2. They try to stress me out and troll me. However, if they are breaking a rule I report then block.

Eh, I don't like blocking but meh. Not trying to be mean about blocking either. However, I think it's a bit odd if people block for these reasons because it's quite useless.

1. Blocking me because I was derping around in a tree, and they block me without warning or saying anything. o3o
3. Blocking me so I can't report them. .-. Really? I'm glad this has not happened yet. That's why you never say "I'm reporting you," k? XD

I think I said what I was going to say here. But this is supposed to be no offense to anyone, really.
I think it's best not to tell someone you're blocking them because it starts a fuss. Also, you can block someone for any reason in my book. If you want to block someone because they're pink, do it! If you want to block someone because they're standing in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, block them! Ah, but that's just me. ^^

I definitely won't be responding to everything if/when this thread gets filled with a lot of posts, but for now I'm bored and it's late and I am willing to converse about anything.

Thank you for sharing, all of you. ?

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 03:26:09 am »
I-... Pretty much block anyone who gives me a genuine reason to. I've given up on reports and it's-... Well. It's my ticket out of triggering and upsetting situations; I honestly can't bear to explain why certain subjects are taboo to everyone who deems it appropriate to crack a rape joke. If someone says something that rubs me up the wrong way, I'll instantaneously block them-- even if it's not aimed at me. I blocked some people earlier this afternoon for calling those at the Mate Center 'pathetic, immature no lifers'-- I'd never want to interact with the person behind the insults, and a block guarantees I'll never need to see them again.

Whether it's extreme powerplaying, harassment, inappropriate topics, character theft, rude behaviour, name-calling, passive-aggressive "honey, darling, love, hun"s, pompous literates, extreme wolfspeak -... Anything I dislike, I'll block. It might be a bit over the top to some, but it's an honest life-saver to someone with anxiety troubles. If I don't want to deal with someone's harassment, I won't need to-- I can just block and they won't ever find out (announcing that you're blocking someone is a very bad thing to do). Minimum drama, minimum fuss.

Everyone uses the tool in their own way! :D

(I'd hate to know how big my block list is-- I think it's in the hundreds.)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:27:45 am by Nemena »

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 03:31:01 am »
Ditto, basically. Except I don't even bother giving them the luxury of knowing they're being blocked, although if it appears that, in some odd rare occasion, they're not trying to irritate me and I'm trying to be nice, I'll warn them that I will block them if they continue. After that it just happens whenever my last grain of patience is gone.

Ditto.

Personally I really don't think it matters if they can't talk to you later on because why would you want to? If they made me upset enough to want to block them I certainly wouldn't want to start a conversation with them. And it's not exactly the brightest idea to tell someone you're blocking them before you do because that tends to only stir up more mess. They probably wouldn't even know if you blocked them or not so it's not going to affect them personally unless you announce to them you're going to block them before you do.

I think it's best not to tell someone you're blocking them because it starts a fuss. Also, you can block someone for any reason in my book. If you want to block someone because they're pink, do it! If you want to block someone because they're standing in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, block them! Ah, but that's just me. ^^

I definitely won't be responding to everything if/when this thread gets filled with a lot of posts, but for now I'm bored and it's late and I am willing to converse about anything.

Thank you for sharing, all of you. ?

I think blocking people for stupid reasons such as color or because they are sitting somewhere is just unfair, and quite cruel... but that's just me.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline Dangeryena

• Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 04:05:24 am »
I-... Pretty much block anyone who gives me a genuine reason to. I've given up on reports and it's-... Well. It's my ticket out of triggering and upsetting situations; I honestly can't bear to explain why certain subjects are taboo to everyone who deems it appropriate to crack a rape joke. If someone says something that rubs me up the wrong way, I'll instantaneously block them-- even if it's not aimed at me. I blocked some people earlier this afternoon for calling those at the Mate Center 'pathetic, immature no lifers'-- I'd never want to interact with the person behind the insults, and a block guarantees I'll never need to see them again.

Whether it's extreme powerplaying, harassment, inappropriate topics, character theft, rude behaviour, name-calling, passive-aggressive "honey, darling, love, hun"s, pompous literates, extreme wolfspeak -... Anything I dislike, I'll block. It might be a bit over the top to some, but it's an honest life-saver to someone with anxiety troubles. If I don't want to deal with someone's harassment, I won't need to-- I can just block and they won't ever find out (announcing that you're blocking someone is a very bad thing to do). Minimum drama, minimum fuss.

Everyone uses the tool in their own way! :D

(I'd hate to know how big my block list is-- I think it's in the hundreds.)

I certainly don't block that much because I do find it entertaining to simply watch the chat. And hundreds? I'd probably have blocked that many people if I didn't enjoy watching so much. Am I evil? Possibly. Thank you for sharing. ?

I think blocking people for stupid reasons such as color or because they are sitting somewhere is just unfair, and quite cruel... but that's just me.

I was overexaggerating; I don't legitimately block people for those reasons LOL. No, I'd only block someone if they were either spamming, causing a big commotion involving me (which happens once in a blue moon), or doing something personal to me that actually made me upset (which is once in two blue moons).

But my point was that you don't need a logical reason to block someone if it personally bothers you whether they are interacting with you or not.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:08:40 am by Sparx »

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 05:00:01 am »
It all depends on the situation for me too. I rarely block people in the game, but when it does happen it happens for a good reason. I don't want to waste my time arguing/standing people who intentionally look for trouble. These are the kind of people that make my official block list.

~People who harrass me or friends repeatedly
~Spammers who intentionally spam chats
~People who disrupt our roleplays with powerplaying/godmodding/caps spamming/trolling/swearing
~Map claimers who persist that you get off "their land" or else they will report you for not moving  ::)
~People who want to argue over stupid things such as "name stealing", "markings copying" etc.
~Trolls that come around to headbang/buttswing over other people to make them mad. (You know what those moves mean)
~Attention seekers who will caps spam constantly just to get anyone and everyone's attention.
~Stalkers that won't leave me or my friends alone.
~Persistant mate-beggers, parent-beggers, or pup/cub beggers. (I had to block a few of those. It's rare)
~People who say hurtful/hateful things to others for the soul purpose of hurting someone's feelings.

If push comes to shove, I often times report some of these people... depending on what the situatioon was. Eventually I do remove whoever is on my block list. Right now, my block list only has one person on it, and it's perminant. I am all for the use of the block button. If someone does rub me the wrong way, I can get trigger-happy with that block button. It's better to shun the tormentor/troll than to sit there and try to argue with them. It's pointless to argue with a troll, so blocking them is the best thing to do.
That's all I have to say for now.
Inactive