Author Topic: Dawn Of The Plagued Age - [[Open and Accepting]]  (Read 9933 times)

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn Of The Plagued Age - [[Open and Accepting]]
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 03:52:45 am »

Name: Sabira Mallory Foloran
Appearance:
Weapon: Sabira doesn't have any desire of having a weapon and prefers to keep within her usage of monsters. Though, she doesn't stray away from the thought of poisoning others.
Cards you posses: Faun & Frost Giant
Family:
Jacob Foloarn - Father - Alive - Businessman
Marian Foloran -Mother - Alive - Housewife
Sebastian Foloran - Older brother - Alive - Unemployed
Other: She once traveled with her brother, Sebastian, across the land. But, she only travels by herself in order to escape from the ruckus her father has created by using the monsters or money in their town. Though, she part of the upper class.

***************************************************************************************************

Monster Form

Species Title: Faun
Nickname: --
Attack and Ability Description: The Faun creature serves as a shield with powers ranging into the Wood element. Anyone that draws close to Sabira when this card is activated will be given a large wall of thorns that can penetrate through must materials.
Other: --

Species Title: Frost Giant  
Nickname: --
Attack and Ability Description: Once claimed to have roamed the lands, the Giant is a physical attacker that  takes chances into stepping into close range.  Even though it is slow, it is harder to bring down this behemoth. Despite being labeled as "Frost," the monster follows after the Water magic.  Battlefield can be changed to blizzard if there isn't an effect already casted.
Other: --

DONE
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:29:41 am by SoaringAway »

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 08:41:44 am »
(Yea I think so as well. It would look to innocent anyways. And accepted. You all may go ahead and start. ^^)

Atalia Venispucci

"My lady, they have arrived." Atalia peered up from her luxurious bed she was relaxed on reading through old worn down text. She let out a half hearted to the hired guard that had told her so, "About damn time. For Christ's sake, dusk almost caressed the mountains already." Her voice sounded awfully snobbish and cold towards him as she closed her book, "I had to wait for them, so I'll bless them with the favor of having an absurd amount of patience as well." She shouldered him off and went back to reading, prepared to ignore any comebacks from the man as a new voice reached her ears, "Atalia, come on. The men from the church are only here to help you." She gazed over the decorated doorway, recognizing the second figure standing in her presence as her uncle. "Alright alright... I'm coming..." She closed the book she was reading and crossed her arms stubbornly, lifting herself off the bed and began to follow him down the hall through a series of spiral stairs unwinding to the main entrance hall in the house and thought, I really don't want to deal with these 'holy men', but I suppose father would never forgive me if i didn't figure something out.

"Ah, it is finally nice to meet you madam Venispucci," One of the men down her line of sight addressed her with a buttered up tone, though she did not seem swayed by the kind gesture, "Let's get this over with. How are we to deal with my father's finances? Certainly you understand my concern for this place, as many thieves have tried to get there grubby hands my his fortune. And with news spreading like wildfire about the incident, even more will try to appear starting tonight." The man that was positioned at the forehead of the group nodded, "Yes, of course I do. That is why I highly suggest that you keep the valuables in the safe house below the church." Atalia seemed a bit skeptical to this but nodded in agreement, "Sure thing I suppose. It would be our best option. But we can't possibly move everything out before they come to strike." "And that's why we'll higher some of the royal guards that are off duty to defend this place," The man nodded and assured her, "It will all be alright dear. We will just have to make sure your father's most prized and expensive possessions come with us to safety." She reluctantly agreed, "Very well... " "Also dear, I'm very sorry about your father. He was a wise man." Atalia didn't reply  to this and simply changed the subject, "I will send the stuff over fairly soon. In the mean time I have other orders to attend to." The men nodded and showed themselves out. Atalia turned back to her uncle with a look of anguish as if she was going to break down crying, though the man attempted to prevent her from doing so, "Come with me darling. I have something I want to show you."

Cyrill Valen?io

It had been quite a lax day for Cyrill. Normally by this time, he would usually have quite a few mobs of royal guard and mercenaries on his tail. Though today wasn't the case. He didn't get a sole interference from anyone. The man leaned a bit back on the bench he was on, watching the citizens walk on by as he dwelled into inner thoughts. Though he was soon interrupted by a group that was fairly close to him and unintentionally eavesdropped on the gossip, "Yea I heard One of the nobles was assassinated in the dead of night yesterday. Imagine all that wealth. Oh what I wouldn't do to get my hands on only a chunk of it." "Yes but I'm sure that there will be numerous guards there to protect it all. I mean, who wouldn't? His daughters are probably money grubbing whores like he was. Frankly I'm glad that man is gone." "Serves him right." The group of three laughed as Cyrill narrowed his eyes thinking, even if the person was a jerk, is it really necessary to laugh when someone has passed? It's a tragedy, not a celebration. I suppose some people can't understand that though. He closed his eyes to recollect his thoughts before standing and turning to follow the waves of people that were walking on. His head was a bit low as he thought about what the group said earlier and murmured almost silently to himself, "I suppose a little fortune would be nice, wouldn't it? Maybe I can go on and try myself. I just hope no one gets the same idea."

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:00:27 am by Arkanis Void »

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline AbbyJoyce

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • This is my kingdom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 03:26:34 pm »

The winds twisted about the winding roads as the sun tiptoed across the horizon cascading a dimming veil across the land. Just as life flourished within the rocky roads and market stalls, so did it below in the sewers. The constant dripping of dampened moss or mold bothered Arabella none. Gold trimmings and clean cut boots were never her thing anyhow. Just as the stories stated to the young as the sun fell, the stories told to place fear within their innocent hearts; within the city, hundreds of secret cubbies and holes led down to the dreary sewers. Only highly skilled and experienced beings may be able to travel the long pipes and holes for fear of getting lost. But if one may be able to do so, it is said within one, large, abandoned work room stands the most advanced technology known at the time. Weapons, maps, intellectually mastered to hunt down anything desired. And this, is Insergent. The most notorious, and advanced guild for the next hundred cities. They've been rumored to be threatened by the king himself. And just like all said before, it was true.

"We intersect it below the archives."

"The archives are heavily guarded. You need secrecy my dear."

Arabella leaned back against the wooden table whilst Aterio busied himself studying the map. The room was bustling with theives and assassins, all preparing for contracts or jobs. Arabella focused her thoughts, tonight was the largest raid she had done in years. A noble's riches would bless many of the poor, and this is what drove the girl to do what she did. "Got it. Here," Aterio handed her the rolled map, "I marked the easiest path. Take everything, and spare none. Get as much as you can-"

"but don't be greedy. I am quite aware, Aterio." she interrupted, taking the map and slipping it into her belt. Arabella was a strange being, choosing to wear different ensembles from most theives and assassins those days. She preferred a tight, leather suit and matching boots. A small hood was connected to the shoulders allowing for secrecy whilst a small mask was attached to the neck. She pulled it up and over her chin. The mask covered her mouth, reaching up to just below the eyes. Aterio weakly saluted her as she patted his shoulder, before pushing her way out of the room.

The streets were beginning to open as peopls began straying about, retiring to their homes. Arabella went exactly where she was told, leaning back against a building within it's shadows.

"Yea I heard one of the nobles was assassinated in the dead of night yesterday. Imagine all that wealth. Oh what I wouldn't do to get my hands on only a chunk of it."

"Yes but I'm sure that there will be numerous guards there to protect it all. I mean, who wouldn't? His daughters are probably money grubbing whores like he was. Frankly I'm glad that the man is gone."

"Serves him right."

The group of targets chuckled, and with that Arabella had her information. She pushed out of the shadows, turning to leave within a crowd of people. With her mind busied, she didn't watch where she strolled, and because of this her body collided with someone elses. The man was taller than her, his long mocha bair and light eyes planted a sliver of nerves within her. Rarely did she make eye contact. She stumbled slightly, recollecting herself before eyeing the man she hit. She would have muttered an apology, perhaps even a pardon, but not now. This man was odd, different. He possessed the same look of experience and wisdom as she did. She froze, staring at him before breaking her gaze and slipping by, disappearing into a wave of people once more.

People mentioned; Cyrill
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 03:46:49 pm »

Flipping through the cards at her deck, a mutter of regret escaped her. The sunlight's glare went against the glossy cards, as green eyes distantly looked over the Faun and Frost Giant. Sabira was by no means a person who was arguably enjoying the loneliness of travel but the serenity that it brought. Though, the absence of her brother only weighed down her dislike of the task but, she begrudgingly went through. The past memories of her father's monopoly towards their home town was not a legacy she wanted to live on as it was her brother's task. But, the man was found t be inept for the task and preferred to be in the business of numbers and financing even if he had trouble with the law with theft. Sebastian was a funny thing even to his younger sister but never had she questioned him out of conversation with him solely as there was an ambiguous respect blurred between the two that was never discussed out of their own personal time spent with another.

The willows above seemed to act as a wick to the sun rays as their thin shadows were seen on the path but their large branches were soon to die out the warmth of the rays from above. Still, the hooded traveler made no means of relaxation from being slow at the calling of exploration and much so, freedom. The cards slipped back into a pouch under her cloak and she exchanged it for a map. Unrolling it, the woman began to mutter to herself coordinates and any place she would go from here in the wilderness.

>Sabira is free for interaction.

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 06:23:01 pm »

Atalia Venispucci

Atalia kept her arms crossed and remained rather gloomy looking as her uncle led her to a back room she really hadn't noticed. Though inside was a sight she would have never believe to have been stored under her father's care. Atalia ran forth a bit eager to examine the contents of the glass case before looking back, "Uncle, you never told me that father had a runestone." "I was supposed to?" The man chuckled teasingly before tracing her steps, "Besides, it isn't a normal one. Your father actually was privileged with one of the few authentic ones. It was the royal family's and the previous king bestowed it to your father as a gift and so his children wouldn't quarrel for its power." The girl nodded, "I see. That dangerous hmm?" "Very much so. Those ones that aren't a cheap replica has a special tie with there user. The effects of cards are boosted to an absurd point of power, much greater than the knock offs. For that reason, your father was entrusted with it since he had good ties with the royal family after all," the man smiled watching her curiosity grow as she used one of her keys to open the case.

She searched through the stack of cards that was by it smiling, "These things take me back. Father and I used to play with them when we were younger like a normal game." She shuffled through the deck, taking out one in particular, wearing a saddened smile, "Hey... It's father's favorite card. He used to always use the lightning elemental in our games. You don't mind if I, er, keep it, do you Uncle Alistar?" He raised an eyebrow before nodding, "Of course dear. Though I would prefer if you kept the stone here. If you desire so, downstairs is a chest with a few of the replicas." Atalia nodded, "Alright. You wouldn't mind gathering the stuff for the servants to take to the  safe house, would you? I want to go out for a bit." He nodded and watched her leave to go downstairs to fetch one of the stones though grimaced a bit murmuring, "If only the girl knew what is to come in the future."

Cyrill Valen?io

The collision with his back broke him away from his thoughts and left him honestly a bit started. He turned his head back, spotting a particularly interesting woman that had walked into him, her gaze seeming oddly focused on him. "My sincere apologizes madam. I supposed I missteped and-" Cyrill winced when he was pratically ignored and the stranger had bypassed him silently. Just the first encounter and I am already rejected by women. I supposed that's not really a first, he thought though was secretly a bit aggravated by the notion. Cyrill watched the stranger and strided forth to pursue her though a voice broke out from the crowd behind him, "There! Kill the man!" He didn't bother himself with the trouble of looking behind him and quickly weaved his way through the crowd, slipping down into an alleyway that led to another street. The cladding noise of metal armor colliding with one another was not far behind him and seemed to slowly increase in numbers. "Well so much for a peaceful day." He pressed forward, curving the side of another building into an alleyway where he saw it was a dead end.
     A few curse words slipped under his breath as he peered back where the saw the city guards were entering from, surrounding him. "I suppose I don't have much of a choice in this situation." His hand quickly dived in his side pocket as one of the higher ranked guards glared at him though smirked confidentially, "Any last words, assassin?" Cyrill's fingers retracted seeing the card he had grabbed out of haste and thought, would have preferred the other but I suppose it will work. The man's gaze snapped back and fixated on the guard that threatened him. "Just the one," He flashed the card towards the group uttering the name that was on it in a low tone, "Fenril." The card seemed to vaporize into an odd magical substance that started to gather  around him and a glow that matched the blue magic came from under his side cape where he had his own runestone strapped onto his belt. The group stared a bit stunned at what was happening and a few even dropped there weapons, cowering back seeing the man slowly transform into the towering wolf like beast. The figure that once appeared as Cyrill stared into the guards with cold beady eyes vacant of any visible emotion other than hatred and a long winded corrupted howl escaped its grisly jaws before proceeding it attack on the enemy.

(Anyone interested in having a side character as part of the royal family or have at least ideas for names, descriptions, etc? I was thinking about it earlier though was to tired at the moment to actually think. I was figuring that there would obviously be a king and queen as well as a 2-3 children. (Ages, names and genders i still don't know though so thats why i'm asking..))
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:28:36 pm by Arkanis Void »

Offline AbbyJoyce

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • This is my kingdom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 07:29:58 pm »

Arabella never was one to nose her way into other's affairs, but when her own shadows of hiding were intruded, she had little choice. The familiar man from her earlier collision ran into the alleyway she had entered not moments before. The sudden outburst of metal and heavy breathing startled her. She quickly slid aside, hiding within the shadows of a dreary rug hung to dry from someones window. She watched in fascination as the man became cornered, muttering some inaudible words to the guards before pulling out a card. The beast that formed before him gazed at the enemies with pure hatred. He was a large beast, wolf like and the emblem of pure horror. With a twinge of interest, she watched on as the beast took the guards out with little effort, blood staining the cobblestone. As the air settled, leaving the man and his beast standing amongst littered bodies, she stepped out. Slowly, Arabella removed her hood, before sliding the mask from her face. Her sun-kissed skin and copper eyes stood out against the warm brown of her suit. "Impressive. I suppose I owe an apology for earlier.", she stated, her eyes examining the bodies laying about. "Pardon my ignorance, I should have watched where I was going.", she added, finally meeting his gaze.

She wished to push further, ask the man about the accusations the guards tossed his way. But what would she say if asked the same? She wouldn't reply. And with that in mind, she nodded to him. "Exquisite Creature." she complimented before flicking the hood back over her head and reaching to pull the mask back up.

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 11:54:37 pm »
The wind blew over the tree, the leaves rustling and the branches creaking. The woman stayed on one of the middle branches, looking at the ground and remaining ever so quiet. She could hear something coming closer, and it didn't sound like any of the footsteps she was familiar with, though more like one of the rarely seen intruders from the city farther away. Her tribe lived in the heart of the forest, which put a great distance between her people and the city dwellers. Most of these people from the city did not know of them, however, a few always came by chance or rumors but they were always dealt with. She peered down more, watching a man pad through, his walking clumsy, kicking up leaves even though he had a look of caution about him. She narrowed her eyes and waited for him to walk past her tree before she began to scale down. She scaled down quietly and quickly, with much skill she learned over the years since she was born. She jumped down the last couple of feet and took the bow and arrow from her back, loading it with an arrow and aiming for the mans neck. No one needed to know of this place and its secrets, and though she wish not to kill anybody, she knew it was necessary especially since this one seemed to be heading towards their camp. She concentrated and fired, though something pushed the man out of the way, a jet stream of water hitting him and forcing him to a tree he was close to. He let out a shocked yell as the water came at him from seemingly nowhere. The water continued like that for a few minutes until ice had began to form over the man and he seemed to freeze on the spot, becoming unconscious and frozen to the tree. The water stopped finally and July looked over to where the water had came from and sighed when she saw the large white wolf creature padding over and sniffing the man cautiously. July walked over, pleased but at the same time, oddly disappointed.

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 03:02:34 am »
Sabira muttered to herself in repugnance at the lack of free direction she could've taken and it seemed the only clear path that was available was directly towards the city. With a little hop to the movement, she began to follow down a paved path. Humming through and without no need to looking about as everything was tranquil, the traveler ad no qualms upon entering this city. The fresh smells of the market came to her nostrils as her head bowed at the guards in front of the grand gates of the city while she passed on through without second questioning as the cloak she held revealed her t be a higher class member of society.

[Sorry, I can't do much with Sabira. :c ]

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 07:18:29 pm »

Atalia Venispucci

Atalia had retrieved the stone for herself and wore it on a thread around her neck. She placed her hand over the top of the glossy rock, able to feel the warm radiating power that resided in it, even if it was a knock off. The girl had made her way to the family stables just a bit of a stretch from her home residence and unlocked one of the gates, reaching for the reigns and climbing aboard the silver stallion, motioning the horse on at a quickened but casual pace. Atalia had planned to go a bit of the way out of town to test her runestone to see if it really did work. She sighed a bit low, her thoughts returning back to her father before all this had happened. It had all happened so sudden, too much so for comprehend. She didn't even have any leads to the silhouette that she saw took his life last night. Her head hung a bit low though stopped when she heard a voice not too far off, "Atalia, is that you?" She hadn't bothered to look over and continue on though. The horse suddenly reared when someone had gone in front of it. Atalia tried to grasp the reigns though ended up falling right on her back off of the horse.

She seemed more frustrated from this than hurt and  watched the stranger walk over to help her up though only slapped there hand, "You insolent bastard! What was the meaning of that?" The man that stopped her seem to be a teenager yet though forced a friendly smile, "I'm sorry. It's just, my father has told me much about you. How smart, beautiful and successful you are." Atalia winced turning a bit red though snapped, "Oh please. You really think I would talk to a low born like you?" "Well, maybe this will change your mind," The young man smirked and flashed  at her the armband that was round his left arm. It looked  a bit ruffled and had winces of dirt in the cloth's pores, but there was no mistaking it. She recognized the crest on it as the royal symbol of Alanjeh. Atalia seemed completely shocked and frowns, "My apologies my lord. Why didn't you say so sooner?" though something about all of this didn't seem right to her. Why would one of the royals be out of the castle like this? She thought though winced when he slyly put his arm around her and smiled, "So darling, we can go back to my place and you know, get acquainted a bit better. "Atalia had turned all sorts of crimson hues by this point and was about to agree when she suddenly felt a choking tug around her neck, ripping off the few gold necklaces as well as the strung runestone off her neck. She winced and glared over, "What the-" But by this time, the mysterious man had already took off running down one of the alleys. Her eyes narrowed furiously. If she hated anything it was being duped by anyone. She bolted off after him, "Give that back thief!"

Cyrill Valen?io

He had closed his eyes, breathing a bit fatigued now and stood for a minute. Luminescent particles dispersed from him and seeped back into the shine of the runestone as his stature slowly diminished until his skeleton was snapped back into his normal appearance again. Cyrill's breathing was still a bit deep though he seemed to manage fine. The man walked up to one of the guards and slipped off his helmet, kneeling over. Surprisingly, he moved one of his hands lightly over the lifeless body's eyes to close them and lowered his head, "I am sorry fate pitted us against each other my friend. I send your family a sincere apology and wish you well in the afterlife." Cyrill appeared a bit grim while doing so and started to approach the rest of the guards, doing similar mannerisms. When Cyrill had reached the third guard, he paused hearing a comment not too far away. "Impressive. I suppose I owe an apology for earlier." His light eyes made contact with the girl from earlier though he noticed now she had her hood and mask slipped off. "After that display you decide to open up?" He chuckled a bit before shrugging, "I didn't intimidate you or anything, did I?" "Pardon my ignorance, I should have watched where I was going," the woman added, finally meeting his gaze. Cyrill smiled a bit, "It's quite alright madam. Honestly. It was probably due to my sluggish feet anyways. I get a bit distracted like that sometimes." With that, he continued kneeling to each of the guards to give his respects though much more quietly now that he had company.

Once he had finished, he stood back up to face her again. "Exquisite Creature," Cyrill had heard her say and glanced back up seeing her hide her mask yet again.  He had to think of a decent reply before saying, "I suppose you could call it that. These monsters sure are something else, that's for sure." Though after, he questioned, curious now, "I'm guessing that you have a few of your own since you didn't seem so surprised by mine?" The feeling of burning curiosity struck through him, though he figured many of his inquiries would be ignored since this woman already seemed a bit shut out. He decided to keep it simple for now just in case, "Pardon me but i never did cat your name. Cyrill Valencio, at your service." The man bowed out of courtesy before regaining his stance and wore a light grin waiting for a reply.

Offline AbbyJoyce

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • This is my kingdom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 01:13:58 am »

Arabella pulled to a stop, turning to eye the man over her shoulder. "Pardon me, but I never did catch your name. Cyrill Valencio, at your service." Cyrill bowed lightly, raising back to his stance. She slowly released her mask, slipping the hood from her head once more. "That's because I didn't throw it.", she replied with a teasing smile. She eyed him skeptically, what kind of assassin would she be if she gave her name? "Arabella.", she stated, pausing to study him, "Arabella De Luca. Blessed by your service." She bowed her head in reply before standing back up. He was a curious thing, but she would lie if she claimed to not be curious herself. "I do have a few cards of my own, though none quite like that." she eyed him before turning over her shoulder and letting a high pitched whistle escape her lips. As soon as her noise echoed into silence, a small creature zipped through the shadows, climbing atop her back to peer at the man over her shoulder. Arabella giggled quietly, "This is Drayko, he's a shield more than anything." The small, crimson dragon curled up atop her shoulder, eyeing Cyrill cautiously.

"And you did not intimidate me. Unless you can read lies, than you did.", she smiled at the man. Her mind raced with questions, and only when the icy feel of the night hit her skin did she realize how long she had been speaking to the man. "You seem to have distracted me, though I would love to chat more I have plans. Perhaps I'll run into you again, metaphorically of course."