Author Topic: The Borderline (Open&Accepting Apocalyptic Rp)  (Read 8236 times)

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
Re: The Borderline (Open&Accepting Apocalyptic Rp)
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 07:50:04 pm »

Ekaterina Orlova
"Out of the frying pan,into the fire....as usual."

Personality:A young woman,notably known for being reserved and rather quiet,keeping a strict attitude towards everyone.She seems quite indifferent about what is going on around her,a person who barely shows any concern or fear,but inside,she is frightened by just the thought of her survival under these conditions.Only her determination to stay alive is what keeps Ekaterina going on,which is why she hides her sensible side and does her best to help others.
Description:Ekaterina has light skin,shoulder-length blonde hair and light blue eyes.
History:Ekaterina was born in Russia,and that can easily be told by her accent.Former lieutenant,she gave up her job after she married,because she wanted to carry a normal life with her husband,far away from any danger.This was one year prior to the beginning of the war.Although she considered she did the right thing by resigning,Ekaterina's life was still as stake in her homeland,which is why she tried to leave for the USA.Getting there wasn't easy,as she got separated from her husband right at the departure from Russia,and although she waited for him to come,no life sign of him ever came.The apocalypse eventually began,Ekaterina becoming one of the survivors of the Infected.
Other:She carries a gun with her and she has managed to make a bow,so she can kill the infected without drawing too many of them.Her left hand is bandaged,having been burnt after a car explosion.
Rp sample:
      Silence.Not a life sign to be seen among the abandoned buildings.All the shops,homes,schools who used to be full of people,getting by everyday,were now just ruins.Blue eyes were scanning the surroundings,making sure none of those "beasts"(or how Ekaterina used to call them) were around.Luckily,they weren't.But the mess they left behind was.The whole small alley she ventured into was full of dead bodies,the stench filling the Russian's nostrils.If she hasn't already been used to this all too familiar smell,Ekaterina would have thrown up immediately.Her next move would have been to turn back,but inhuman groans were heard behind her,louder and louder."Crap!I guess I have to go trough here wherether I like it or not"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:56:31 am by Fantasyna »

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline AbbyJoyce

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • This is my kingdom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 08:47:59 pm »
(accepted. Let's begin.)

Claire Bedford
Status; Possesses a few scratches and bruises. Health- 19/20

"No."

"I can help! I won't even be in the way. Just let me come in this one run!"

Claire whirled around, kicking her leg over the motorcycle to straddle its seat. The young teen smiled innocently, pleading to follow. "Lisa, you have to stay here. Not only do you not understand the dangers out there, but you have to take care of Carol. Now, go check the stock." With an agitated huff, the teen turned on her heels as Claire revved the engine. On que, the two figures beside the large, sliding door yanked it open, and Claire's motorcycle took speed. Charging from the makeshift garage at the back of the Whitehouse, and taking trail down the abandoned streets. Cars, damaged and rusted, cluttered the road sides, but Claire's driving skills were advanced, and she smoothly slid through the obstacles. She usually did her own runs, retrieving food and supplies. Of course, her usually target was medication. Though a virus had wiped out more than half the planet, a sore rib still seemed like a burden. The sun heated the ebony pavement as she turned a street corner. Nighttime was never an option. If the run wasn't completed during the day, it wasn't done. Turning another corner, she slowly pulled her vehicle to a stop, kicking out the leg and stepping off. No one could steal it without the keys, so no need to worry. Cautiously, she slipped out her pistol, gripping it's handle tightly as she approached the abandoned hospital.

Jace Dire
Status; A bruise or two. A broken rib, Health- 15/20

Falling chunks of debris and dry wall cluttered the linoleum hallways. Ceiling lights swung from their hinges. The only sources of light was the sunlight that spilled in through the gaping holes decorating the ceiling. Yet, Jace manages to find a safe haven within the hospital. A small room, possessing two beds. The door remained wide open, but he had little choice. The long journey and inconsistent earthquakes only worsened his already failing breathing. His broken rib managed to scratch a lung, possibly worse. His breaths were ragged, and sharp. So, with the little strength he remained, he laid atop a bed, sitting up against the back wall. His hand instinctively grasped his side weakly as he allowed his eyes to close just for a second. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps caught his attention, and cautiously, he sat up straighter. Gritting his teeth, he gripped his gun, if he was going down, it was with a fight.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 04:10:40 am »

Chyanne Felt

The young girl flinched a little, she didn't want to leave her rat behind. Chyanne blinked a few times. He's been by himself before, She thought, giving the white rat a pet. He'll be fine. She stood up, her hazel-yellow eyes glanced around the room. She picked up an old fishbowl, that somehow managed to receive little to no damage, placed it onto the floor, and put the rat into the bowl. "Be a good boy," She whispered, moving towards the door. A small smile flashed on her face as she made her way outside.

She had a small backpack on, one made for a first grader, with an obvious kitchen knife sticking out from the top. Her eyes flicked to the sky, hoping night would come slower than expected. Her legs took off running, her main goal was to get food, for both her and her rat. A few of the infected meandered about, nothing to worry about until they got a little too close for comfort.

She quickly grabbed the knife, slashing and slashing over again, until the thing was dead. Or more dead than what it was, it looked like. The black-red blood remained on her knife, and she decided against putting it back in the backpack.

She was on her own, in life and in surviving. She hadn't met too many people, or atleast the ones that hadn't been infected, and when she did, they only stayed for a night and ran off with important supplies. She didn't know who to trust.

Her eyes flashed a bit dangerously as she narrowed closer to a convenience store. Most had been ransacked, and only hope was all she had. She entered, her guard down.

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 06:24:08 am »

Ekaterina sprung across the alley,running as fast as she possibly could.She took only one chance to look behind,and indeed, there were 3 infected,who were chasing after her.She knew she didn't have much ammo left,and those beasts were too fast for her to have time to take the bow and fire an arrow.She raised the pistol,whilst running and managed to shoot the one closer to her in the head.
        Jumping over a dead body,Ekaterina got out of the alley.In front of her was an abandoned hospital.Luckily,it was surrounded by walls,and the beasts were not able to climb them,especially since one lacked an arm,and the other was barely standing on its feet.Ekaterina jumped and pulled herself up the wall.She fired again at the two infected,leaving them to lie on the ruined streets.The young woman jumped off the wall into the hospital's courtyard.Catching sight of a broken window,Ekaterina slipped trough the glass into the building.Well,telling by the inside,one could barely say that was a hospital.But,then again,all buildings were like this.
         She looked around.The room she was now in was undoubtly an operating room.Approaching the door,she slowily opened it and peered into the corridor.On one end,Ekaterina could spot a rat,wondering about.If animals were here,especially calm,then there were no infected in the building.No sooner had she fully opened the door though,that it broke from its hinges and fell onto the floor with a loud bang.Ekaterina mind slapped herself,knowing that being as quiet as possible was a must.  

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:26:01 am by Fantasyna »

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline Jane-Doe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 04:15:42 pm »
Adrian Tobias Langdon
"I prepare for the noble war. I know it's coming and I know nobody can stop it."

The tall and lean young lad sat atop the roof of a run-down apartment building. It's once beige stories were crumbling and pulling at the seams. It could collapse at any waking moment, but there Adrian was, sitting on the flat roof, mere feet above the penthouse and the many stories below. Sure, they were crawling with infected, but heck- this view was undeniable. The sun was still rising, casting an orange and yellow hue across the horizion- and cutting through slightly grey clouds. It could still be considered "morning" for all those wishful survivors out there- but according to Adrian's watch, it read around noon.

Adrian's trusty compaion sat beside him, his muzzle placed on his thigh as he gave a bored huff. The lad rested his palm on Razzy's furry head, rubbing him behind the ears for a reassuring and comforting act of affection. It was odd, most people scrambled around at this time- and he could see some survivors, at some hours of the day, from the top of this building- but it was mostly infected. Their groans and gurgling moans made Adrian's skin crawl-  but he would never admit that.

His legs were clad in dark jeans, and his shirt was a dark tank- a tattered leather jacket pulled over it. He had a bookbag placed next to him, filled with a bit of food and water- but not much. Soon he would have to go out, since his supplies were running dry. He had his smaller artilary- the silenced Honeybadger and his hunting knife stashed in the bag, and his Ak47 was placed right beside him incase of an emergency.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:17:47 pm by Jane Doe »
"The mouth speaks what the heart is full of."

Offline AbbyJoyce

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • This is my kingdom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 04:05:14 pm »
(Sorry guys, I will post asap. I'm having trouble because family issue. But I will probably sometime today :-!)

Offline AbbyJoyce

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • This is my kingdom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 04:26:30 am »

Claire Bedford
Status; A few scratches. Health- 19/20

With my gun raised, I stalked cautiously into the hospital's deep corridors. Papers and chairs lay scattered about, ceiling lights hung from their hinges and doors remained plastered with cracks and blood. With each corner, I turned sharply around it, aiming for any potential threats only to be met by empty hallways. My eyes remained vigilant, searching for any dangers as I turned the stairwell, slowly ascending it's steps. As I reached the second floor, I slowly entered the long, abandoned hall. Hesitantly, i began down the long hallway, passing each doorway with a strong veil of silence. But, one door remained open. Cautiously, I approached it. Pressing my back to the cold wall, I listened to the doorway, no sounds on the other side. With a last breath, i whirled around the corner, aiming my gun directly ahead of me. And apparently, for good measure. As i aimed my gun at the figure upon the bed, he aimed one right back. My brow furrowed, a zombie would have perhaps inhabited the room. But, a person? "Put your weapon down." I barked.

"Put your weapon down." He mocked, raising his gun higher. He laid atop a metal bed, his hand gripping his side, but I paid no mind. "Lower the gun!" i hissed. "Lower the gun!" He mocked her tone. I hesitated, unsure how to react to such a childish situation as the male raised a brow. In exasperation, i grunted. "Nice clothes." The male spat, eyeing me over. "I doubt we're the same size." i replied. The guy rolled his eyes, pointing the gun at my shirt, "They're clean. Meaning you have a good place, a..group?" I slowly fell silent, perhaps he was a bandit? Ignoring the male, I side stepped towards the large medicine cabinets across the room. "Ahah," he scolded, raising his gun again. "These are my supplies." My brow furrowed in angst, "What!?"

"Finders keepers baby doll." He smirked, pulling a scoff of disgust from me. "Tell you what though, since I'm so kind; You can have some of my supplies, if you take me to your group." I raised a brow, laughing in disbelief. "There are other hospitals." I growled, turning to leave.

Jace Dire
Status; Bruises and broken rib.15/20

A smirk played on my lips, I knew just how to play this girl. "Are there? Sure, there are other medical centers..but any with supplies left? This is one of the most dangerous places in town now that the virus has wiped out half the American Slobs that lived here, so I know you're desperate." The girl paused, glancing back over her shoulder. "You're sick?" She remained pathetically silent. A laugh escaped me as I understood, "It's someone else, and you're just being kind." Keeping the gun aimed, I shifted, "You want them to die?" The girl slowly eyed me, her gaze now cold and hateful. With a last grunt, she lowered her gun. With a prideful sneer, I tossed my legs over the side of the bed, standing up and tossing her the empty duffle bag I had. "I'll keep watch." She snatched it out of midair, eyeing me before heading for the cabinets. I glanced her way, before leaning against the doorway, gun ready.

"So, how big's this group of yours?" I questioned. She bent over, picking up fallen bottles of pills, and of course like any man would, I glanced. "Impressive." I muttered to myself. "What?" She hissed over her shoulder. "Your group, it sounds impressive." I Lied. "I didn't say anything about my group." She growled, zipping up the now full bag and tossing it over her shoulder. This girl sent me a glare that raised the hairs about my neck, and with an eye roll, she pushed past me. "Wait!" I barked, grabbing the gun from her hand. "Hey!" She hissed, whirling around to face me. "I'll play fair if you keep your word. But, no gun."

"You're so ignorant." She growled, "Ohh, burn." I sneered,,"You really went for the feels, didn't you?" A loud crash echoed down the corridor, and with a yelp, she whirled around. At the end of the hall was a fallen door, and in the doorway; a woman. A blonde by the looks of it. Without hesitation, I raised both guns. "Lower the gun!" The girl hissed in my ear, "You aimed yours at me!" I spat back. "Yes, but you aimed yours first." She scolded, and hesitantly, I lowered them. "Who are you?" The girl questioned.

Offline Jane-Doe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 03:52:47 pm »
Adrian Tobias Langdon
"I prepare for the noble war. I know it's coming and I know nobody can stop it."

Adrian let out a sound that of disgust, scrunching his pale nose up as well. The sun was slowly beginning its descent into the low grounds of the horizion, where the moon would then rise to take its place. That would mean he would soon have to seek a suitable shelter for the night, and as soon as the sun was up, Adrian would need to go out for supplies since his were running dry.

A inhuman hiss errupted from the doorway that led down to the staircase and walkway- currently, his only way out. He quickly slung his AK47 over his back using a thick leather strap, and pulled his silenced Honeybadger from his bag- as well as his hunting knife. His hunting knife had a rope tied around the metal handle, which secured into a holster against his thigh. Propping the silenced Honeybadger up, Adrian ventured forward. Opening the door, his loyal companion, Razzy followed hot on his heels.

Now inside, there were merely two infected roaming this staircase, from which he could see so far. He took out his hunting knife, preparing himself to execute this mission- and infected 'people'- with precision and ease. Adrian rushed forward towards the closest infected, and shoved it against the crumbling wall. His knife was in through the infected's skull within the blink of an eye. Adrian pulled the knife out and wiped the dark, unhealthy blood onto the dead infected's tattered clothing.

Now advancing towards the other one, Adrian had a bit more trouble since this one was bigger and a bit more agile. Probably a newly infected one. He struggled with pushing it against the wall- but his height and muscle won in the end as Adrian sunk the blade into the biters neck with a sickening crack of its windpipe. Withdrawing the knife and yet again wiping the dark ooze of blood off, Adrian began his descent down the stairwell- aware and alert.
"The mouth speaks what the heart is full of."

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 05:54:05 pm »

Ekaterina was just about to leave,but sounds of footsteps were already drawing near.She quickly turned her head towards the other side of the corridor,her gaze meeting two other persons.At that moment,the young woman almost let out a sigh of relief:they weren't infected,but they didn't seem like friends either,not when both of them were holding out their guns.One of them,a girl around the same age as her,asked Ekaterina who she was.

The Russian raised an eyebrow as she put down the pistol at the others' command.It has been weeks since Ekaterina had last talked,even met a person.And in the terrible conditions she has been going trough,it wouldn't hurt to get on the survivors' good side.In the end,this was the only way one could get by.

"Well,starting with the obvious,I'm a survivor,just like you."she calmly replied.Ekaterina observed that the man was hesitant to lower the gun."Don't worry,I don't bite or anything."She raised both her arms a little to assure them she was empty-handed."I thought this hospital was open to the public,including those beasts outside."she said in a joking tone."Leaving this aside,I see you two are in a group,no?"Ekaterina asked,thinking this might be a chance for her to stop wandering around on her own,with the infected roaming every corner of the city.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 10:18:04 pm »

Chyanne Felt

Chyanne took a sharp breath, her hazel-yellow eyes blinked. Nothing seemed to stir, making it seem like a safe place, for now. She opened the bag, placing the knife onto the floor to grab a few food items. A half-eaten bag of beef jerky had been left, but that was about it, unless she felt like eating older, rotted-looking food that hadn't made it.

A loud shuffling came from the doorway, unhuman groans followed. They were looking for something it seemed; she held her breath as they did. Nice going, genius. She thought, sliding the jerky into her bag. She stood up and ran out of the store, forgetting her knife. She couldn't turn back now!

She swallowed hard, hoping to not run into anything or anyone. Fear glazed her eyes, and her feet turned a corner, taking her to an unknown destination. "Sorry Sedoy," She whispered, barely able to catch her breath. "I might not make it home tonight."

Chyanne stood against the wall for a moment, sliding down until it burned her back. The half of her hair that remained was a tangled, dirty mess of strawberry-brown locks. She put her head against the wall, half-waiting for someone or something to find her. Her eyes looked at the sky, a small look of disbelief held in her eyes. I wonder how the other states are doing... It might not be this bad.

After that thought left her head, she didn't know what to think, besides the thought 'where to go now'. It hadn't hit her that she might end up in this scenario. "Dammit." She swore out loud, standing back up. She was going to be fed tonight, she knew that atleast. It wasn't a good night.

She grabbed the backpack and started running again, only to find herself in the unknown. She'd never been there before, and she didn't know the place. Her head zoomed back and forth in which way to go; she took off running whichever way, though. Doing this, she managed to see another person. Her brow furrowed, her eyes in small glares, now wasn't the time, though. In all hopes that the brunette male was friendly, she remained out in the open. He had a dog and weapons, whereas she had nothing besides half-eaten jerky and a child's backpack.