Author Topic: How to make Animated Avatars  (Read 1884 times)

Offline PurpleLovezz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Here to have a good time.
    • View Profile
How to make Animated Avatars
« on: July 07, 2014, 01:08:29 am »
    Okay, you might have noticed that my avatar is/was animated (Lol, I might have changed it by the time you read this), but have you wondered how to do it? It's really easy: all you need is Flash Player and Paint installed, which about every computer has.

First thing's first: Either gather pictures to be put into the animated picture (gif) or just take screenshots from Feral Heart by pressing prt sc. Make sure that the Feral Heart screen is square (not full screen) while you take the screenshots so that the avatar will be bigger. To find the screenshots, go to "Computer" then "Local Disc C:" (or wherever you've installed Feral Heart). Click on "screenshots" and all the screenshots you took should be there. Now, make copies of all the pictures if you're going to edit them with Paint, just in case. Edit them in Paint if you want to. Finally, make sure you're not using a lot of pictures, or else it won't work since the file will be too big. (I learned that the hard way when I tried cramming 30 pictures into an avatar)
    Now you get to put your avatar together! I searched online and found an easy GIF maker; here's the link: http://gifmaker.me/ When you get to the website, click on "Upload Images", then find your pictures and upload them one at a time until they're all loaded onto the page. You can click and drag them to switch them around, although to delete one you'll have to reset it so plan carefully what pictures you use. On the side is a setting where you can change the speed of the frames and even add music (I'm not sure how to do that or how it works, sorry) The first setting on the left, though, is important. After the "100%" there are two numbers representing the height and width of the GIF. Change the smaller number into the number of the larger one, so that the avatar will be square. Finally, click "Create Now" and then "Download". Then you can upload it to the website :D
    This part is optional, but if you want to have a less blurry avatar, you should probably do this. You need to upload the picture somewhere (I use Imgur; I don't know any other websites that do this, though) and on the side click on the direct link that has ".gif" at the end, then copy it. When you go to your profile, click on "I have my own pic" and paste in the url that you copied earlier. Save your profile, and done!

Offline *Kawaii Potato*

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Kawaii Potato (Pixel)
    • View Profile
Re: How to make Animated Avatars
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:58:14 am »
Thank you for this, I'm sure a lot of people will find this very helpful. +Nuzzle~