Author Topic: Your Choice | Superpower Roleplay | Open | Applications CLOSED  (Read 22293 times)

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
You are the hero of your own story...

Or are you the villain?

The world as we know it has greatly developed over the past century. Poverty, crime and unemployment has reached an all-time low and the world is finally in peace. People are happy. The happiest anyone has been in..well, forever. Yes, it took hard work and perseverance to get to this stage. But, boy, it was worth it.

The government, however, were not satisfied. They hired the top scientists to create and test different drugs and medicines. After a year or two with no good results, the government were on the verge of giving up. That was until the Heroes Project was created. The scientists came up with hundreds, possibly thousands, of different solutions. They had the ability to twist a human's DNA, so that they could achieve far greater things. Of course, the drugs only worked on humans, so a few young adults were brought in for testing. They were kept in a research centre for many years of their lives, being tested on until perfection. Most of the test subjects 'powers' have not been activated. The scientists have been waiting for the right time.

That time is now.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:03:47 pm by Sherlolly »
;;I'm so sorry for my recent unexplained absence. It hasn't been a good year for me so far, but I'd like to say that I'm back for good now;;

If you need any help around the forums, feel free to PM me :3

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
Re: Your Choice | WIP NO POSTING
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 06:26:37 pm »

You are one of these test subjects. The scientists have trained you to be a Hero. But no drug can take away your choice. Your choice to be either good or bad, to be with or against the people that gave you these powers. The real question is: what side is the bad side? You have been given things that a normal person can only dream of. But what counts is what has been taken away from you. Your freedom.

But now your training is complete. The time has come for your abilities to be activated. The time has come for you to be given your freedom back. You can either work alongside the government, doing what is right for the people of the world; or you could live dangerously and live a life of rule-breaking; or you could even give an attempt at having a normal life while trying not to let your newly-found powers get in the way. The choice is yours.
;;I'm so sorry for my recent unexplained absence. It hasn't been a good year for me so far, but I'd like to say that I'm back for good now;;

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 06:38:54 pm »
.:Rules:.

1.) No killing off anyone's character unless they give you permission to. It's annoying when people do that.

2.) Your characters are not perfect. Give them some flaws! I mean, flaws are what build a character. It's annoying when they have.. No flaws at all, and are seemed to be.. "Perfect". Perfection is lie, guys.

3.) Be as active as you possibly can. If your not active for three days, I'm kicking you from the RP. Now, if you PM me and tell me your not going to be on, then, I'll let it slip. But, if you don't tell me that your going to be off for a certain amount of days, then.. I'm sorry, but, I'm kicking you. You can always reenter, though. There is no limit to the characters.

4.) Be literate. No "texter talk", horrible grammar, or any illiterate RP posts allowed. I mean, this RP is semi-literate to literate, so, just try to be as literate as you can.

5.) No ignoring anyone's character because you don't like them or something. It's annoying and rude. I mean, how would you like to be ignored in a RP..?

6.) This RP is not only about you. Remember that. So, don't always get injured or caught or something. That isn't the point of the RP.

7.) We will not RP until we have an even amount of females and males. Sorry, guys, but, I'm not having like.. 20 females and then.. 5 guys in a RP. It's a pain in the neck, and then a ton of drama comes out of having that many females with not enough males. Keep this in mind when your making your characters, guys.

8.) Romance isn't the main part of the RP. It's not really even in the plot, but, it's allowed, I mean, what's a RP without romance? Just, remember, love isn't the only thing about this RP. It's mainly about survival and trying to live with their supernatural powers.

9.) Cussing is allowed, but, please, don't do that in every post. Some people might take it to offense.

10.) If you plan on having something.. Huge happen, and people can get injured.. Then, PM me and ask me before you do it, just to make sure I'm okay with it. If you don't do that, I'm going to tell everyone that didn't happen, and to just ignore you until you ask me.

11.) Drugs and alcohol are allowed in the RP. I mean.. These teens might as well have something.. Right?

12.) If your RP with someone ends up.. Getting.. "To the bed", then either take it to PM or fade out. Please, no one wants to know that your characters are having.. Fun time..

13.) No fighting in OOC (out of character). It's stupid to do that. If you have a problem with someone, PM me and I'll fix it.

14.) Use the form provided, please. I cannot stress this enough. I don't want your own form, because I made one for you guys to use.

15.) Do at least 3 lines in each RP post. I mean, if you just give one liners, it's going to be hard to reply to you.

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 07:40:56 pm »
It is three days before you will be 'released' from the research centre. The scientists are preparing a drug that will activate your powers, it should be ready by late afternoon. They will begin to call subjects into the laboratory to give you the drug and start the painful process of your body adjusting. This process should take two days to complete and all of the subject will be kept in a room together to prevent confusion.

Form
Code: [Select]
[center][img]Image or Gif Here (Maximum of 4)[/img]
[size=20pt][color=grey][font=couriernew]Name/Alias Here[/size][/center]
[hr]

[right][font=timesnewroman][color=Silver]Full Name: [Answer Here]
Alias(es): [Answer Here]
[hr]

[right][font=timesnewroman][color=Grey]Personality: [Answer Here. At least four long sentences]
Habits: [Answer Here. Maximum of 4]
Appearance: [Answer Here. Even with a picture. At least four sentences]
History: [Answer Here. Optional]
Crush: [Answer Here. Optional]
Relationship Status: [Answer Here.
Power(s): [Answer Here. Maximum of three. Provide description and/or link]
[hr]

[right][font=timesnewroman][color=Silver]Supporter of the Heroes Project?: [Answer Here. Answer yes or no and reason]
What do you want to do with your Power(s)?: [Answer Here. Help the Government, Normal Life or Live Dangerously?]
Extra: [Answer Here]

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 07:48:34 pm »
Males: 5 || Females: 7

Lavender Mullen | 21 years old | Power Mimicry

Azalea/Aza | 19 1/2 years old | Substance Mimicry

Aspen Courtier | 15 years old | Weather Manipulation

Duni Hillman | 22 years old | Size Manipulation

Franchesca Nejevi | 18 years old | Fire Element

Simone Howey | 20 years old | Shape Shifting

Finn Collins | 23 years old | Temperature Manipulation

Theodore Collins | 19 years old | Appearance Mimicry

Turtle Rayne | 21 years old | Plant Enhancement

Marcus Cullenway | 20 years old | Subliminal Seduction
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:26:21 pm by Sherlolly »

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: Your Choice | Superpower Roleplay | Open and Accepting Applications!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 12:39:45 am »
Do the characters know what powers they have or are they oblivious until they are activated- and learn to control/use them by themselves?))

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 10:33:30 am »
Yes the characters are unaware of what powers they have until they are activated, which is why they need so long to adjust. Sorry if I did not make that clear enough :3

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 07:36:10 pm »
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:08:27 pm by Sherlolly »

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 07:45:36 pm »
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:49:31 pm by Vask »

Offline crystwolf

• Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • ..............blep
    • Loppyr
    • Loptrrino swass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 05:54:54 am »
(This seems like an incredibly interesting Roleplay! Just one question before I make my character, are we allowed pets? They have nothing to do with the character's powers, though.)

Siggy & Avatar drawn by me.