Author Topic: |In Shadowhunters We Trust| ~OPEN AND ACCEPTING~  (Read 12472 times)

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
|In Shadowhunters We Trust| ~OPEN AND ACCEPTING~
« on: September 15, 2014, 04:29:56 am »
*Millions of Fangirls screaming internally*

Will you restore Peace?

Plot

It is 21st century New York City, and people go about their daily routines. Traffic, work, boring regular lives, and petty jobs take place every day around here. The big city would seem lively to most who live there, but they only know a fraction of what goes on here. Right under the human races noses, is an amazing world of mythical creatures, demons, good, and evil. You are what is known as a Shadowhunter. The 'peace keepers' of the world if you will. There are Shadowhunters in all corners of the world, and demons in even more. Most commonly, Shadowhunters will live in large beautiful buildings called Institutes. More than likely there will be several Shadowhunters living in a single Institute at a time, as there is usually only one or two Institutes every state. You have been summoned, along with several other Shadowhunters, to the big city. There you will house at the NYC Institute. You have been summoned because you are among the best there is. Youthful, trained, anxious, and determined. New York City has experienced a rising amounts of demonic activity, and they want you to get to the bottom of it. Form relationships, make discoveries, but most importantly.... Save the world.

All About Shadowhunters

What Are Shadowhunters?
Before you, and before me, there were angels. When Evil began cheating in the eternal struggle, the angels knew they needed help. They needed an army to keep the balance. They created special beings before the humans. Half angel, half human, beings of immense power. Strong enough to restore the balance between good and evil. Not only keeping the demons in line, but also protecting the human race from ending in chaos and fire. Who are these protectors? They are known as the Shadowhunters. They have what is called 'The Sight'. The Sight gives them the ability to see things that have been disguised with magic.

What Are They Fighting?

Demons. Those who come form an unknown realm and are here for the sole purpose to kill and destroy. Some are incredibly smart, some amazingly strong, and some seemingly indestructible. Shadowhunters train to kill demons their entire lives, and study thousands upon thousands of demons. Only a sliver of demon species have been recorded, and there are undoubtedly millions more. Although terrifying, it is a Shadowhunters job to know where a demons weak spot is, as every demon has one. They will all disguise themselves in human forms, but kill when nobody is looking. Your neighborhood mailman, the waitress at the diner, or anyone who seems to be a harmless everyday citizen.
Some Common Demons:

Vermis
Skill Level: Intermediate
Strength: Incredibly good at surprising the opponent as it can burro underground
Weakness: Not being able to burro (On tile, wood, or any non earth surface)

Caput
Skill Level: Easy
Stregnth: Leaks Poisonous gases from pores
Weakness: Stomach

Crinis
Skill Level: Hard
Stregnth: Incredibly long tentacles, sees perfectly in darkness.
Weakness: Pure sunlight

Arida
Skill Level: Expert
Strength: Amazingly intelligent, mind reader
Weakness: When made mad the anger clouds it mind

Morsus
Skill Level: Intermediate
Strength: Flight, poisonous claws
Weakness: When incapable of flight

Bruta
Skill Level: Hard
Strength: Incredibly strong, amazing hearing
Weakness: Completely blind

Common Weapons/Tools Shadowhunters Use
Shadowhunters use a variety of their own personalized weapons, but these are a list of tools and weapons that you'll most commonly find on a Shadowhunter

Weapons

Long Seraph Blade:

Also commonly called an 'Angel blade'. This blade is blessed and dipped in holy water. It is very effective for hunting demons, as all demons will burn when in contact with any blessed material or holy water.

Short Seraph Blade:

Basically the same thing as a Long Seraph Blade, except smaller. This gives you better control if fast movement is needed

Vampire Gun:

Loaded with a small sharp wooden stake to kill any vampire. It is quite a bulky gun, but comes in handy.

Demon Whip:

Good for long distance battle, and can be used a variety of ways. Demon Whips can be wrapped around the arm of the handler and it will harden, making it look like a bracelet. When needed, it will become loose again for easy use.

Tools

Witchlight Stone:

Stele:

Runes:

Places To Know

The NYC Institute
Without The Sight

With The Sight

The NYC Institute is now home to Shaodwhunters all over the world, including you. But before it was a regular Institute like any other. It has only had less than a handful of people that have lived there all their lives, but is built with 700 bedrooms.

The Institute Library

A place where all knowledge on both demons and Shadowhunters can be found. It holds all Shadowhunter family trees, all knowledge on the demons Shadowhunters are aware of, and books upon books of different runes. Anything you need to know, it'll be here.

The Institute Training & Weapons Room

This room is used specifically for training Shadowhunters, and practicing already learned skills. The room is lined with an assortment of weapons. Seraph Blades, bows, whips, even maces are an racks ready to be handled. The training room is used for training with weapons, hand to hand combat, intelligence, and even agility. Shadowhunters are expected to be masters at all of this and more if they are to defeat demons.

Mickey's Diner

A seemingly harmless Diner owned by a cute old couple. It is a Diner for humans, Shadowhunters, and demons alike. The couple has a menu for the humans and Shadowhunters set out on the tables, but keeps menus for the demons in the back. From raw steaks, to plain soup, the Diner is ready to serve anyone. The old couple that runs the Diner are former Shadowhunters that retired long ago. Often you'll find the waiters to be Demons of some sort.

The Rave

A full-on neon colored popular night-club. It's located near the heart of NYC, and is known for its loud music and crowds of people every night. Crowds make a good place to hide, and Demons often attend this Night Club. Some attend it completely innocently, but others are looking for victims. The Rave is a place to keep your eyes on.

Central Park

The large legendary Central Park. It's quiet yet lively, and a good place to just go and think. At nights you can find Vampire groups and other supernatural beings conversing. Vampires, Werewolves, Faeries, you name it. They come there at nights, and swear not to harm one another on that land. These supernatural beings aren't quite demons, but they aren't quite human either. So Shadowhunters leave them alone unless they hurt a human being.

Rules To Follow:

-Be as ACTIVE as you possibly can. Notify me if you'll be gone for more than a day. If you're gone for 5 days without any excuse you'll be kicked :/
-Mild gore is allowed but please try not to be too descriptive
-You may have as many characters as you like, but only as many as you can handle
-We will not begin until the genders are ABOUT even. If you see a zillion females already in the rp, make a male
-Shadowhunters for this RP should be in the age range of 15-29
-You may not be anything other than a Shadowhunter
-If you are younger you'll be less experienced
-No Shadowhunter is better than another. Simply more experienced
-You may room with whoever you wish, as long as you have permission to do so
-MILD cursing is allowed. Please be courteous of our younger members.
-Please put the word 'Banana' at the end of your app to show you read the rules
-Do not purposefully ignore another character
-'Relationships' are allowed, but keep in mind that the RP isn't based around "finding love". But what is a roleplay without a little romance? xD
-The adult Shadowhunter in charge of the NYC Institute will remain a NPC for the entire rp
-Feral Heart rules apply
-All Shadowhunters have a Stele
-Less than a handful of Shadowhunters have lived at the NYC Institute their entire lives. If you wish to be one of these few, you must ask first.
-All of you have been training as a Shadowhunter SINCE BIRTH. No "I was raised normal" unfortunatly.
-No X rated roleplaying in here

Help With Last Names:

Pick two on the list that go together well. Shadowhunters (Also called Nephlim) have last names like these. Some will sound good one way then they will the other.

Character Application Form:

(Picture Of Your Character Here. Up to 4 only. No anime pictures or drawings)
Name Goes Here
"Quote or song Lyric"

Full Name:
Known As:
Nicknames:
Origin: (Where are you coming to NYC from?)
Accent: (If any)
Orientation:

Main Weapon: (Besides your Stele)
Secondary Weapon:
Personality: (At least 4 good sentences)
Flaws: (Every character has them. At least 2)
History: (Completely Optional)
Appearance: (Even if you have a picture. At least 4 sentences. Keep in mind Shadowhunters often wear black)
Habits: (At LEAST 2)
Crush:
Relationship Status: (Feel free to put "OPEN". If you put "OPEN" for your relationship status, someone joining can ask to be your girlfriend/boyfriend)
Other:

Current Characters
Girls: 3 || Boys: 2

Sapphire Aspenhallow | Female | 19 | Rome

Sydney Weathermark | Female | 24 | Paris

Jessica Brandywolf | Female | 17 | Scotland

Alex Fairwater | Male | 26 | New York City

Joseph Honworth | Male | 18 | Pennsylvania
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:24:27 pm by Vask »

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: |In Shadowhunters We Trust| ~OPEN AND ACCEPTING~
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 05:17:15 am »

Alex
"We're quite the freaks of nature."

Full Name: Alex Fairwater
Known As: Alex
Nicknames: None
Origin: New York City
Accent: None
Orientation: Straight

Main Weapon: Duel Short Seraph Blades
Secondary Weapon: Regular Gun
Personality: Alex is naturally very level-headed and seemingly glowing with confidence. He is very laid-back when it comes to daily life at the Institute, but definitely not the lazy type. He is incredibly sly and cunning, able to make sarcastic and witty remarks on the spot. When it comes to hunting demons he is a very quick-thinker and incredibly determined, and can come off as snappy when someone is fooling around on the job. When not hunting demons, Alex is seen as a smooth flirt. His confidence helps him flirt easier with girls then some. He sometimes seems like a player, but in reality he almost never "hooks up" with girls as he actually has much respect for them. He often tries to act like he's not afraid of anything, but in reality he can be very insecure and afraid of what might happen if he screws up.
Flaws:
-Several whip scars on his back he keeps hidden
-Doesn't work well with a bow and arrow
Appearance: Alex is tall and very thin with dark olive green eyes. When he's out hunting he wears almost all black, but when he's at 'home' you can find him in regular attire like flannel or jacket. His hair is a short dark brown with smooth edges. Many people can't help but stare at his pearly white crooked smile, as it is said to be breathtaking. His jawline is sharp but his features themselves are soft. This allows him to look serious one second and fun-loving the next.
Habits:
-Clenching his teeth
-Tapping his foot when anxious
Crush: None
Relationship Status: Single
Other:
-He has lived and trained at the Institute his entire life

---

Sapphire
"None of our business? I think this is exactly our business."

Full Name: Sapphire Aspenhallow
Known As: Sapphire
Nicknames: Sapph
Origin: Rome
Accent: None (grew up in California)

Main Weapon: Demon Whip
Secondary Weapon: Throwing knives
Personality: She is a very bold and outgoing person, seeming to not be afraid of anything, and trusting few people. Even in a group of boys she can arguably be called the toughest person there. Despite her seemingly hard heart, she can be very protective towards her loved ones. Sapphire has trouble with commitment in relationships. She dates boys she knows don't really care about her, so she doesn't have to be serious with them and make a commitment.
Flaws:
-Commitment issues
-Scar along the bridge of her nose
Appearance: (DOES NOT have the tattoos as seen in picture) She is described to most as very beautiful with striking looks. Sapphire has very dark brown hair that runs a few inches past her shoulders, and stunning blue eyes. Sapphire loves to dress out for everything, even while demon hunting. She is described as managing to look like a fireworks display, no matter what she is wearing. She is very slim and lengthy, and wears jewelry frequently.
Habits:
-Biting her lip
-Running a hand through her hair
Crush: None
Relationship Status: Single
Other:
-Has worked once with Alex when they were both starting out
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:12:46 am by Vask »

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:24:01 pm »
Hnnnnng, I saw this and was like: *screams in fangirly voice* AAAAAAAAH!
I may join the roleplay when it gets started.  Depends on if I'm active (sick right now XD)
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906

Offline CL138198

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 01:11:08 pm »
(Before i do anything can someone tell me how i post pictures? D: I love The Mortal Instruments and i can't wait for City Of Ashes. :D )

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 01:54:59 pm »
@~River~: Hurhur sounds good! Get well soon <3
@Akirabeth: Here's a tutorial to help you :3
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=8658.0%20newwindow

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 09:57:29 am »
Yes!  I don't have to roleplay my character in bonfire with people who think I am just really creative with my characters!

Joseph
"I'll beat you with my stele if I have to."

Full Name: Joseph Honworth
Known As: Joseph
Nicknames: Joe, but rarely used.
Origin: PA
Accent: Nope
Orientation: Keeping his options open

Main Weapon: A long Seraph Blade named Earthril
Secondary Weapon: A few throwing knifes
Personality: Joseph can be a little cocky, and has a habit of teasing other people.  A trait he is often looked down on is for his liking of Downworlders, as long as their not criminals.  He his often lighton his feet and ready to go, unless he just woke up, then give it some time.  
Flaws: It takes him about an hour to fully wake up.  He can get angry in fights easily, which cause him to do rather stupid things.
History: His history doesn't match up with this roleplay... So I will be changing it.
Appearance: Joesph is taller than most with long but boyish black hair and green eyes.
Habits: He often teases people, he also may hit into a wall ortwo while he's walking and daydreaming.
Crush: No
Relationship Status: Nothing yet
Other: Bandanas
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:50:33 pm by Rustys »
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:29:18 am »
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:05:28 pm by Sherlolly »
;;I'm so sorry for my recent unexplained absence. It hasn't been a good year for me so far, but I'd like to say that I'm back for good now;;

If you need any help around the forums, feel free to PM me :3

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 12:45:36 pm »
@Rustys: Wonderful character! Accepted <3

@Sherlolly: Beautiful app. Accepted as well :3

We will start once we get just a few more characters.

Offline CL138198

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 12:48:39 pm »

Alice Hunter
"Don't follow in my footsteps, I run into walls."

Full name: Alice Hunter
Known as: Alice
Nicknames: Aly
Origin: The London Institute
Accent: British

Main weapon: Bow and arrow
Secondary weapon: Seraph blade (long)
Personality: Alice is normally sarcastic, but she's also caring and kind. She's a talented Shadowhunter, and she tries to make as many friends as possible, but if you catch her on a bad day, you might lose your head. She can be stubborn at times, but is normally one of the nicest Shadowhunters out there.

Flaws: She has one normal light blue eye, (left side) and one dark green eye. For some reason she can't see out of her green eye too well. (blue, left. green, right) (she can actually unlock codes and locks easily because of her green eye)

Appearance: Alice is a little tall for her age, (16) making her quite slender and youthful. She has long brown hair with streaks of blonde and black in it, and at the end her hair starts to curl. She has one light blue eye, and one dark green eye, both bringing out her long lashes. She normally wears small black dresses and small black boots with high heels to match. Most of the time she wears a loose black sweater-like jacket over top, others she wears a black or white leather jacket. She normally doesn't wear makeup, but almost always wears eyeliner around her eyes, which is normally winging out upwards.

Habits: She likes to hum or sing sometimes, but mostly to herself.

Crush: Joseph Honworth
Relationship status: Single

BANANAS! XD
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:38:48 pm by ~Akirabeth~ »

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 12:57:59 pm »
@~Akirabeth~: Wonderful app! I assume if you're character is coming from the London Institute that you and Sherlolly's know each other quite well. Since they've probably lived and trained with each other. That's all fine. Also, would you mind fixing the last name of Alice? Up above the original App Form there is a guide to Shadowhunter last names. Once that ish fixed you'll be accepted!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:01:24 pm by Vask »