Author Topic: Shay's Guide to Feral Heart on a MAC *update april 2016*  (Read 9872 times)

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
Shay's Guide to Feral Heart on a MAC *update april 2016*
« on: June 02, 2015, 02:49:12 am »
Hello! You have probably come here to figure out to run (and continuously run) Feral Heart on a MAC!
I will be very active on updating this with all the FAQ's and solutions that I have for you, so be sure to check for updates and edits.

****APRIL 2016 UPDATE: A fellow member has figured out how to run feral heart on the new updates for MAC- go here:http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=56011.msg764447#msg764447 so read what she has found and be sure to thank her!!
F.A.Q.'S

-  "I installed the game yesterday and ran it through wine, which worked without any kinks. I installed several mods (but not an excessive amount), and ran the game for about an hour with no lag or any indications of trouble. However, after that first hour, the game crashed and I restarted. It crashed again about 15 minutes later, and again, and again. Eventually it wouldn't even run, so I reinstalled it and kept the mods down to just one Mass Marking pack. It crashed even then, and again wouldn't reopen.
I've reinstalled the game once more and left out all mods, but haven't played much to know if that solved the issue or not. I'm playing the game on an iMac, so the thought that it can't handle the mods because the computer "can't handle it" doesn't really seem to fit. Do you know any route I could take to fix this issue? I really don't want to give up playing, and have my mods as well if they're not the problem."

I would recommend NOT downloading ANY mods/item packs/Markings packs on your MAC if you wish to have Feral Heart run VERY smoothly without any lag or crashes. However, most of you do have these things, so I would recommend keeping it to a MINIMUM of two to three of any of these (total). If you download many packs etc, your game will crash and it will cause problems to your computer.

[color=sky blue]Hi Shay, thanks so much!! i have trouble loading the game. when the world Fluorite is loading u the first time it says bad token. i've tried reloading the game and reinstalling but nothing has worked for me...

Flourite tends to be full, and even people with out MACs may have trouble getting into it because it tends to be pretty full. But if you are having trouble getting into a world such as cape, or even lonely cave, it means you are most likely missing something in your download. I you have not downloaded WINE, do so. This should help.

"My problem is simple, FeralHeart won't load. Like at all.
I'm on a mac, and I know about the whole restart redownload .etc..
I have tried EVERYTHING and it still won't work. I have redownloaded it about 6 times. I have restarted my computer, oh god knows how many times. I have tried absolutely every tip, trick, and guide out there. I got maps to make, things I gotta return to. Feralheart just won't load.
I click it on it, the icon comes up, then it closes itself. Hoping I'm not the only one with this problem!"

Your computer is blocking it
Go to your system preferences, security and privacy, general, at the bottom there should be options that say: "allow apps downloaded from:
- Mac App store
- Mac App store and identified
- Anywhere"
Make sure "anywhere" is pressed so your mac knows that you can use FH

VERY IMPORTANT:

VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL MAC USERS!
DO NOT place your Feral Heart folder or icon on your desktop or doc. Not sure why your mac will not allow you to play if it is visible, but you can't. Instead, create a folder on your desktop and place all feral heart related things in there as well as the main folder with the icon (actual game). Also, if you are constantly re-downloading the game, make sure that you are deleting the ones you have previously downloaded.
- PM for more questions and I will post them here-

Tips from other fellow members:

Daffy:
"if you want to play having mods, item packs, markings packs etc on your game then here's a little tip that I have found that works: keep the game in a small window, so the lag isn't as big. It hardly lags at all when I do that :)"

*all questions go to their respectful owners*
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:54:41 pm by S-H-A-Y »
pm for free art i need practice

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Shay's Guide to Feral Heart on a MAC
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 03:15:40 am »
Very nice of you to take the time to write this up for users! I'm sure many people will appreciate this greatly :) Good work

Offline shayy

• World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 11:23:27 am »
Very nice of you to take the time to write this up for users! I'm sure many people will appreciate this greatly :) Good work
Thanks sura! I'll be sure to keep it updated

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 12:46:31 pm »
Ooh, this is pretty sweet. I may even use this as a ref if users come to me about these kinds of mac issues and FH (I'm mostly mac illiterate, yo). It's very nice of you to put this together, dearie. ^^
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline shayy

• World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 01:03:00 pm »
Ooh, this is pretty sweet. I may even use this as a ref if users come to me about these kinds of mac issues and FH (I'm mostly mac illiterate, yo). It's very nice of you to put this together, dearie. ^^
Why thank you WhiteLightHeart! it means a lot :)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 08:21:10 pm »
This is very sweet of you, Shay, to think of something like this. Although I don't use a Mac computer, I know a few people on here who do, and I'm sure they would benefit from your experience.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 04:54:25 pm »
This is great, Shay! I wish this was around when I first started the game, I learnt most of these things the hard way xD +floof
I just wanted to add something for people who are reading your tutorial, if you want to play having mods, item packs, markings packs etc on your game then here's a little tip that I have found that works: keep the game in a small window, so the lag isn't as big. It hardly lags at all when I do that~ :D

Offline shayy

• World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 05:14:52 pm »
-bump-

Offline RustedNailz

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 04:24:57 am »
I recently downloaded a new update for my mac and when I try opening Feral Heart it just won't work and says An Error occurred while starting the X11 Sever:"Failed to activate care devices" Please help me.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 04:41:47 am »
I recently downloaded a new update for my mac and when I try opening Feral Heart it just won't work and says An Error occurred while starting the X11 Sever:"Failed to activate care devices" Please help me.
I'm sorry you're having troubles, Brianna, but you may want to post a thread here ~Game Help Board~ instead of on this tutorial. That way more people will know you need help, and not just think you're adding an opinion and/or word of praise onto this post. The more people know, the more people will try to help! I hope you get your issue solved soon, floof!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:50:42 am by .Edolicious. »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.