Author Topic: Darkky Does the 4-H thing || Journal ||  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Necropossum

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Goatlinqs.exe has crashed
    • MayasiRin
    • Goatlinqs_jpg
    • View Profile
    • ColorsLive
Darkky Does the 4-H thing || Journal ||
« on: April 25, 2016, 11:57:02 am »
Yea! I finally get to be in 4-H after years of being told I'll get to and then never signing up! But then again its probably best that a five or six year old didn't get to show a horse for it. But, maybe it also would have made me way less scatter brained and helped with the whole Darkky's bad with reaponsibility. Oh well eheh. Anyways, I get to show goats, and if we talk on a regular basis you'd probably noiced that I'm totally not obsessed with goats at the moment.
  I don't actually own the two goats that I'm showing, they're my friends goats. Her mom is one of the leaders for the Showblenders club where I live or whatever and she lets other people show her goats as long as we come over and help out with the goats and everything. Its pretty fun and I like pretty much all the animals they have at their house except the tiny roosters and Geese I'm going to be in three different classes I think with Roxy and Ricochet. I don't know what they're called except for Dame and Daughter which is where you Show both the Mother and her Daughter, i'm pretty sure anyways, and on the 30th we have tag-in for the Goats. I don't have any pictures of Roxy or Ricochet yet which I wish I did so I could show you guys, but oh well maybe I'll get some tomorrow or on Tag-in day. Anyways, we haven't actually started working with our Goats yet for 4-H and we won't start until School's over but I have learned to Milk a Goat, how to clip their hooves and I've helped feed Rogue her bottle! But yea thats all I have for now.

Signature drawn by Me

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Darkky Does the 4-H thing || Journal ||
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 01:31:58 pm »
4-H was the best thing ever! I got to show heifers when I was in 4-H, and still to this day I'm in FFA. Do ya know what breed the goats are? I have a goat named Pepper. He's just this little boar buck mom picked up at the goat sale(he's a total dingus. xD)

Offline Necropossum

• Finest Floof
    • MayasiRin
    • Goatlinqs_jpg
    • View Profile
    • ColorsLive
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 02:39:48 pm »
4-H was the best thing ever! I got to show heifers when I was in 4-H, and still to this day I'm in FFA. Do ya know what breed the goats are? I have a goat named Pepper. He's just this little boar buck mom picked up at the goat sale(he's a total dingus. xD)
Oh wow, This is my first year, Roxy and Ricochet are both Alpine's though.

Signature drawn by Me

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 02:42:33 pm »
Alpine's are nice goats. Personally, I like the dappled boars and Nubians. Anything with spots. I'm like that with cattle too. xD

Offline Necropossum

• Finest Floof
    • MayasiRin
    • Goatlinqs_jpg
    • View Profile
    • ColorsLive
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 03:01:19 pm »
Alpine's are nice goats. Personally, I like the dappled boars and Nubians. Anything with spots. I'm like that with cattle too. xD

I really love Pygmy Goats. They're so tiny and cute. I've been trying to convince my mom to let me get one.

Signature drawn by Me

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 03:13:17 pm »
They are very cute. But my dad doesn't really want anything on the place that won't make profit. And I guess Pygmy's are more pet, not really anything to make money off of.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 04:44:17 pm »
Sounds like quite the experience! I'm a bit jealous to be honest, I've always wanted to work with goats... Glad you had fun though!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 06:51:44 pm »