Author Topic: The Rune Wolves  (Read 27996 times)

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
The Rune Wolves
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:13:23 am »
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 03:30:30 pm by AliciaJewel »

divinexlily

Re: The Rune Wolves
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 05:57:39 pm »
Saving a place while I make my app. I love this idea. c:
Oh, so are there no Runes with any "healing" powers? Just curious.

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 06:00:07 pm »
You know, I honestly didn't think of healing powers. Do you think I should incorporate those into an already-existing power or make a new one? And thank you for your interest! ^_^

divinexlily

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 06:10:33 pm »
Hmm, I always have associated Healing with either Water or Spirit. Perhaps incorporate it into Spirit, so that everyone and their brother wont' be a healer? Or you could make it a separate "rare" rune. c: They each have their own benefits. Separate may allow for more building than simply incorporating it into Spirit.

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 06:19:15 pm »
You know, I think I'll add it to Spirit. I've always felt like they were missing something, you know? Thanks! :)

divinexlily

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 07:30:37 pm »

Name: Mientia (Mien for short)

Element: Mind

Personality: Calm and collected, Mien typically holds her own in verbal debates. She has wisdom beyond her years, and offers a different perspective on things. However, she is cowardly in physical battle. She cannot fight well, due to her disability.

History: Mien was born with the gift of the gods- the powers of Mind. However, all power comes with a price. She was born without the gift of sight. She can never see for herself. She was originally thought to be a worthless pup, one who could not help the cause. But then her mother, a Plant Wolf, brought a hawk chick to the den. It was still alive, but she did not intend for it to be prey. She introduced the chick to her own child, and a bond was formed. Mien tapped into the mind of the hawk chick and accessed its eyes. She guided the bird onto her head and called it "Cresseda". Cress is Mien's eyes. Mien, while young, can tap into Cress's thoughts. The two are extensions of each other. The two rely on each others' instincts. Mien is now in training, using Cress as eyes in the sky.

RP sample: Mien stood calmly behind the rock. She was bored, waiting for her mentor to show up. Very few Runes had her power, she knew that, but they still trained her in combat and hunting. Many  had forgotten her disability, but it popped up every now and then, and with some more than others. She did not want to train with this mentor- she treated Mien like a child for it. She closed her eyes out of instinct, though it did not make any difference. She then reached, feeling her powers stretch and search. Cresseda, I need you here. It is time to train.
Cresseda was not long in coming. The hawk soared out of the trees and landed gently on Mientia's scruff. Then she shuffled along and perched more comfortably at the base of her neck. Cresseda's eyes glimmered purple as Mien tapped into them. The vision Mien now had was sharp and clear, if at an awkward angle. Cress's head turned slowly, and Mien sighed. This was such a long wait! Where was that wolf?
Finally, her mentor arrived. An Earth Rune in her upper years, she treated Mien like she could do nothing. "Come on now, sweetie. Let's practice control a little more." As Mien stood, the wolf made sure to always stay in Cresseda's line of sight and never move too quickly. Her babying was obvious as the lesson started. Mien knew it would be a long day now.

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 09:24:55 pm »
I love it~! And Mien looks so sexy... for a wolf, that is. xD

Tekamonn

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 01:32:26 pm »
Sorry i cant do the picture
Name:Flame

Element:Fire

Personality: Impatient and shy,Flame normally lashes out when hes angry or sad and tends to be shy near other wolves.

History: Flame was born with power of fire, he is popular among his freind his best freinds have power over earth and water. Flames favorite place to explore is on the cliff (he falls off alot). On the day he was born it was the warmest day of the year and the sun was blazing down on the world. When he was born he had the markings of the fire element, and the first thing he did was sneeze (lol).

Rp sample: Flame waited impatientely for his mentor to get there. He didnt understand why he had to train as a pup when most didnt. He had been told it was for "control" but he still didnt like it. When his mentor arrived, he started teaching flame to control his element, "You must focus on the flame kindled in your heart" His mentor said,
Flame did what he was told he focused on a flame and immedietly felt his body temepture rise. "yes you have done it young one" his men tor said. Flame who was very exited jumped up and down, he couldnt wait for his next lesson!.

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 09:57:43 am »
Lux Lucius

Name: Lux Lucius; Lux for short

Element: Light

Personality: Lux is a rather arrogant and over-confidant Rune Wolf.  While he is by no means self-absorbed (quite the opposite, in fact), he is convinced he is right.  He often goes out of his way to attempt to prove it.  That said, he is also attentive to others needs as he tends to neglect his own.  He likes to compliment others, and flirts with everyone, be they old or young, male or female.  He has an open mind when it comes to romance.

History: Lux was born to a Earth Mother and a Nature Father, along with his two sisters, one of which is markless.  His other sister is a Earth Rune Wolf like their mother.  Tragically, his father died when his eyes were still shut, so he has no memories of him other than his scent.  His markless sister went and mated outside the Rune Wolves, saying she had more in common with her mate than with any other male in the pack.  His Earth sister has a mate and is carrying her second litter.  He has an uneventful childhood.  His training went well, and while he isn't the strongest in the pack, he is by no means the weakest.  He still hasn't found a mate, but that doesn't mean he has given up.

RP sample: Honestly, Lux Lucius didn't usually mind it when others asked favors from him.  He was usually delighted to help.  Then again, people usually asked of him small things.  Like if he could bring back an extra rabbit the next time he went hunting.  Or if he could deliver a message to their mate's father.  But this.  This was annoying.  And not in a small way.  It was annoying in a 'Oh Moon, why does this always happen to me' kind of way.

The young female in front of him looked up at him with star-struck eyes, and he sighed.  She looked to be fresh out of training, all starry-eyed and rose-tinted glasses.  She seemed to believe that just because he gave her a compliment, that meant he wanted to be her mate.  And he really didn't feel like making her run away with her tail between her legs.  "So, Luxie," she crooned, and he winced at the horrible pet name, "do you have an answer?"  He held back a growl.  It wouldn't do to bite her head off when all she was was confused.  He'd better explain thoroughly, otherwise she might continue to bug him even after he rejected her.

"Listen, whoever you are," he started.  She probably told him her name, but he was still busy trying to not snap at her to bother trying to remember it.  "I'm sure you are nice and all, and would make someone an excellent mate.  But that someone isn't me.  For one, you are way too young for me.  And another, you need to experience life some before settling down.  It isn't all about finding a mate and popping out pups," he said as gently as he could.  She still looked devastated, ears flat and body low to the ground.  Deciding to make it easy for her, he turned and walked away.  He should probably hunt.  He needed to catch an extra rabbit for his sister.  With that though in mind, he left the female behind to her short-lived misery.  Hopefully she would take his words to heart.  He knew best, after all.

Offline AliciaJewel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 03:34:08 pm »
Ooh, do love! What map is that you're on? And did you intentionally mock in-game mate beggars? :P

I'm considering starting an RP pack for these guys. I have a few ideas for a map in mind, but I'm not sure if I'd actually be able to make it since I've never mapped for FH before...