Author Topic: OFFLINE GAMEPLAY???? o_O  (Read 1892 times)

-Angel-

OFFLINE GAMEPLAY???? o_O
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:07:40 am »
So, i was thinking... im sure lots of us lag when theres tons of people in one area. I was thinking that there could be an option in which we could go to places like bonfire, flaurite, ficho, etc. without actually being online. what do you guys think???

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: OFFLINE GAMEPLAY???? o_O
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:18:24 am »
This might be something for future purposes. But right now, what exactly will you "do" in this offline mode except exploring the big, empty and quiet multiplayer maps?

If you count away the Online mode with all the players talking and roleplaying.
Everything else you can do inside the game today you can do just fine from the map maker, object maker etc.

If there was hunting, collecting items and things like in IT, then this would serve a purpose. But right now it would be no use.

Another thing to keep in mind is also that all your characters are saved on the FH server. So in this offline mode you would just have a presetless character to run around with as it seems.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

-Angel-

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 09:36:25 am »
I... did not realize this. but that makes alot of sence what you said. point understood XP

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:16:45 am »
This is what I said in another thread about something like this:

Wouldn't it be much easier to just make it so that you can test your maps with characters YOU made, instead of a single feline? [I haven't played so I don't know if someone's mentioned it or if it's changed]

^ If we could make public maps testable and not "edit-able" by other users, then all we would have to do is make it possible to create a "test" character for maps. We could explore them and even use characters to test maps ourselves.

It would be a short cut to an offline version because we wouldn't have to make any "goals, quests, or missions". We could just use our characters to test stuff out.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:40:52 am »
It's just a skin change. And to be really honest, it's not really a good way to put the time on. There's many things the game could use improvements on and fixes.

Making a new mode just so some users can have "their" char in an offline session is a time waster. All it would be is a skin change of the character, not making the game more functional at all.

Exploring empty multiplayer maps and being able to have your character is all there is to it. And as mentioned earlier the chars are in fact saved on the server. This means not only would a new offline mode be made. But also a complete change of where the chars are saved, or maybe a new way to save offline character. This also means that you'd have to create copies of your char just to play with it.

I'm not understanding what's the point of it if you can't even do anything xD
Former community manager of FeralHeart

-Angel-

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:16:41 am »
red's right. now im not so sure about the whole "offline" thing >:U

Offline copper4me

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • I don't play that much anymore but I'm here, hello
    • copper4me
    • achievementcast
    • copper4me
    • copper4me18
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:36:06 am »
Well maybe Like your own online/offline game/server and maybe Invite friends into yours??
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:37:37 am by copper4me »

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 03:27:44 am »
That is not offline, LOL. Offline is like a single player mode. [I would think]

@Red
Good point there.

It'd be fun to scope places out and get more familiar with them though. |3 Just saying.