Author Topic: Cat/Wolf walk cycle...  (Read 11436 times)

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
Re: Cat/Wolf walk cycle...
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 01:39:02 pm »
Currently, no. I don't have any other animations right now [I've been visiting with relative's and haven't had time to make any more]. I can make others though if you want. o3o I don't have much else to do right now since school hasn't started yet.

Only issue is I don't have internet at my apartment so I probably wouldn't get in contact with anyone often enough if I ever applied for anything xD
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:44:05 pm by Shusuke »

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 05:50:11 pm »
Currently, no. I don't have any other animations right now [I've been visiting with relative's and haven't had time to make any more]. I can make others though if you want. o3o I don't have much else to do right now since school hasn't started yet.

Only issue is I don't have internet at my apartment so I probably wouldn't get in contact with anyone often enough if I ever applied for anything xD

Aww... but we have the choice.. wait for a good animation or wait for no update of it at all.. lol.. i would rather then chose to wait a lil bit.

Offline ZipherAvenger

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Organized Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 07:28:41 pm »
The animations are all a bit "wonky" to me, honestly... and the bac legs when sitting? Oy, they look like noodles.

Sitting down for wolves looks pretty strange. One time I was just hanging around with some friends and I made my char sit down. Suddenly someone pointed out that my legs looked like rubber and/or noddles. That gave me a pretty permanent nick-name >.<

Laying half-way down for felines looks pretty strange as well. It looks like they're ready to pounce on someone, not relax.

Besides that, none of the other animations bother me so much.
~*~What is this "sleep" you speak of?~*~

~*~Demon of the Snow~*~

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 02:33:45 pm »
The appearance of the hind legs are most likely due to the way the model was made. Simply fixing the animations won't help in that department. The pose could be altered to attempt and make it look less pasta-like, but that's just about the most that could be done. Unless Kov redoes the legs to try and make them look better.

Which I highly doubt will ever happen. xD

TIGG. I have more examples if you want to see them. [They're really sketchy though]

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 02:37:30 pm »
XD "Less pasta-like."
That walk cycle is pretty neat, Shusuke. Seems as though you should've helped with the animations for the game... as well as the noodle-legs. |3

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 02:55:13 pm »
XD "Less pasta-like."
That walk cycle is pretty neat, Shusuke. Seems as though you should've helped with the animations for the game... as well as the noodle-legs. |3
I might actually try to see if I can. xD I made a feline and messed with it animating while I was thinking about it. XD

If I could just find some time to actually get AT&T or something so I can frequent good reference I would definitely volunteer. xD But I'm a total newb and can't exactly make things loop nicely. Soooo. xD

Yah.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:06:41 pm by Shusuke »

Rukata

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 12:02:34 am »
Beware! My sparkle dog will beat you to death with his noodle legs! Raaawr!

.. 'kay, troll moment is over.

The current animating definitely needs a bit of work, but for someone who doesn't have much practice in animating, it's fairly good. Someone who's good with that sort of thing would help wonders with improving the quality of the game.

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 12:50:00 pm »
Amen to the first post and this is a direct reply to it.
I don't think that time or care was taken on the run cycles' at all. Or even the walk cycles. If a wolf or a big cat ran like that...it would have broken its' knee joints or something similar before long. Even if it's was just going to be a generic wolf & lion run cycle, I feel they could have done it properly.

There isn't a lack of animation artists on dA or out there in the big wide world. I know a few, even those doing the cycles for that new game, Aerokai, is it? Can't spell at the moment ._. But still, come on...?
FH is great and all that, it is, but a tad more time could have been put into the models.
I'm not sure, but there are more updates coming along...maybe at some point in time, the models will change and improve?

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 02:54:28 pm »
I don't think the models will "change" change, just certain things about them.

The animations could be tweaked. That much I know. Other things are the way they are due to the style of the models, and it would be best to deal with them. o3o Unless Kov feels like moving around vertices to see if that would improve anything. /shrug

In my opinion I think FH's "noodle" sit is a lot better than Arokai Canine's sit |D The way their model moves is pretty, but the sit makes my eye twitch for some reason.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:00:42 pm by Shusuke »

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 03:40:06 pm »
Yeah, that's what I mean, you wouldn't need to change the whole model. They're well made, it's just the way they move, maybe just rethink the moving sequence. There are plenty of videos' on youtube with 3D models and cycles on the topic as well.
I haven't been looking too carefully at the other games' models XD