Do you want Prey to drop items like IT?

Yes.
39 (58.2%)
No.
15 (22.4%)
I don't know what that means.
13 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: About the Prey.  (Read 6948 times)

Glacier Frost

About the Prey.
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:18:11 am »
Well i wish prey would  drop items like IT cuz how do we get items without it? And How to you find Prey and stuff Cuz im new. - Glacier Frost                                                                                                                                                                                         Ps: Add me in Feral Heart my user is Glacier Frost with the caps and the space.

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
Re: About the Prey.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:33:22 am »
The creator of feralheart is still making prey/hunting and we don't know when the next patch will be released. And I like the idea of prey dropping items but it might steal the idea from impressive title.
Signature by Green

Offline Hitomi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:35:11 am »
Well i wish prey would  drop items like IT cuz how do we get items without it? And How to you find Prey and stuff Cuz im new. - Glacier Frost                                                                                                                                                                                         Ps: Add me in Feral Heart my user is Glacier Frost with the caps and the space.

I'm sorta confused with this... But I do not know if it really will be a good Ideal to have prey drop items (and if they were what would they drop on a public map?). It was a problem with items in IT when Kov was running it, with people KSing(Kill Stealing) other preys for items. Also at times when there are rare drops from preys... Most of the time the item got stolen by another player before the player who actually killed the prey, gets to claim their prize. 

As far as I know, There are no prey in feral heart. You can actually make prey/items for private maps or download them from other players that made them for the public. But Kov is (I think...) is working on the prey/combat system. You will just have to wait. ;) Btw... Welcome to feral heart.  :)

Offline EvilSock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:15:21 am »
There will be no items via prey. IT had many issues which revolved around just that. Instead they can be found in the character creator screen, and you'll be able to select up to 4. At the moment the default is the Santa hat however I'm pretty sure there'll be more in future. And if you dot want to wait, there are some items made already by users, and they're pretty good too. You can find these in FeralHeart addons & mods.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 06:26:53 am by EvilSock »

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 07:24:56 pm »
Finally, a topic about this! I'd love for there to be prey and item drops! :)
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 09:12:27 pm »
I'll just clarify first that there will not be prey added soon, if ever. The creator of FH, KovuLKD, has left the game for the time being. Unfortunately, he took the game's source code with him, which we need for any major updates.

However, I would like to see prey sometime ;) Dropping Items, however, I don't think would be added if prey ever was. The game is supposed to be on the more realistic side of things, and a mouse dropping a piece of armor would just be...weird o.O

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 11:58:50 pm »
Item drop or no item drop, just plain prey would be great! At this point I don't care. xD
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

Offline Cheetwo :3

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ????????????????????????????????
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 07:00:49 pm »
I get the feeling that prey will never even be added by now. It's taken three years and either the idea has been scrapped or they're spending less time working on FeralHeart anymore

???????????????????????????

Echoing harmony

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 07:04:54 pm »
I get the feeling that prey will never even be added by now. It's taken three years and either the idea has been scrapped or they're spending less time working on FeralHeart anymore

Please avoid bumping old topics, Nooderloo.
This topic is way over 4 years old, I highly doubt that this will happen to Feralheart.

As the home page says, they've removed prey to get rid of the challenge of item hunting.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 11:47:14 pm »
As far as we know, prey will not be added into Feral-heart, even if we wanted it to. Since we don't have the source code, we cannot change or update the game itself. The only changes that can be made into the actual game include modifications and animations that other users create and put up for other people to self-download. 

This topic was created in 2012, the last comment was in 2013, and this has already been thoroughly dicussed, so I will be locking this. Please check the date of the thread before posting again.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.