Author Topic: "____ has arrived!" Can we have a setting for this?  (Read 7792 times)

Dogdev3

Re: "____ has arrived!" Can we have a setting for this?
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 04:40:14 am »
Lol, made a thread about this a bit ago in fact..
Read my whole wall-o-text. ^w^ I was aware others would have probably done so, but my idea is different from yours.

My idea is actually a bit different than others' about this...

You know how you can turn off various chats - General, Local, etc.? Maybe when you turn those off, the messages associated with them go off too. For example, if you only have Local on, you'd only see people who disconnected near you or whatnot. And if you only have Group chat, you'd only see your group's messages.
Could we have a choice in options weather or not to see it in the game, or maybe like those checked boxes of "General, group." ect.

See the difference? xD

But... people seemed to take this as a thread to just suggest things to mend the problem... overlooking my original thought...
But that's alright! I don't mind. xD
S'il vous plait, ne pense pas que "elle est mechante."

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 08:22:04 am »
I think Teal's idea covers it all up. :B
Karma'd~

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 12:29:01 pm »
Well, you can find out where your friends on. You go onto the friend list and click the name (or right click, I forget) and click find. It says which map they are on, and they are shown as a yellow dot on the map so they are easy to find.

Dogdev3

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 03:52:21 pm »
Yeah, so I don't really think the friends showing would be necessary... We already get told when Group members come on, and if you're on the same map ... blip! Yellow dot. But that's just an opinion. xD

And and and... I know my idea isn't the greatest, but I thought it might be easier and better for more people? XD -shotdead-

Twiliac

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 07:39:25 pm »
I did read your post, mine refers to the same bases :3.

Dogdev3

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 07:56:49 pm »
But not exactly... x3 I don't really want an option to just turn'em off... okay, that would just as good, but xD I HAVE TO BE UNIQUE MMK. >:C -flails-

I think pairing the messages up with their respective ... sections? Group/Local/etc. seems to be an idea that could please more people... at least, my friends seem to think so... But I suppose, quite frankly, they do not represent the majority of the FH community... xD It is a much larger demographic...