Author Topic: A few Ideas  (Read 1952 times)

Offline mintfang

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
A few Ideas
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:45:24 pm »
Hello! I had these ideas while playing FeralHeart.
1)Have a freeplay mode and a story mode. I noticed that the game is really just exploring. Story mode would be single player, and freeplay mode would be multiplayer. Yeah, I guess it might take a while to make the story mode, but it would make your peeps happier!
2)More animals. You should be able to be more animals.  Like maybe Horses, Birds, and Mice. Or something like that. A lot of people like a lot more animals than Canines and Felines. Maybe there could even be Unicorns! Or Bigfoot!
3) A compass. It is so confusing, getting around in that game without a compass! The compass could have where portals are, where your friends are, and so much more! It would be really useful for finding places.
4)A simpler color picker. A lot of people don't know how to use the color picker. It's super complicated! It should be more like the one in GIMP or Sai. I know, those are art programs and not games, but it would still help a lot!
I thnk that's all. I might add more later!
This is why Uncle Knives is in therapy.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
Re: A few Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 02:53:43 pm »
1)Have a freeplay mode and a story mode. I noticed that the game is really just exploring. Story mode would be single player, and freeplay mode would be multiplayer. Yeah, I guess it might take a while to make the story mode, but it would make your peeps happier!

I like the idea of a Single player, but I do not see this being added - a lot of work involved.

2)More animals. You should be able to be more animals.  Like maybe Horses, Birds, and Mice. Or something like that. A lot of people like a lot more animals than Canines and Felines. Maybe there could even be Unicorns! Or Bigfoot!

To hunt, yes. To play, no - Kovu stated that he'd add hunting before he poofed.
Also, having a diverse mix of species in one game will no doubt cause to a mass hunting/murder spree, I've seen people hunt down one or two Horse characters in RP when they don't want to be, and it causes a lot of trouble.

3) A compass. It is so confusing, getting around in that game without a compass! The compass could have where portals are, where your friends are, and so much more! It would be really useful for finding places.

A compass would be nice, but there is already a map that you can zoom in and out of at the top left corner of your screen, and there are already yellow dots on the map where your friends are located. If they're not in the same map, just go on your friend's list, click their name and press 'Where', it should say in the chat.
I really agree with you to put a pin-point on the map where a portal is though, that'd be so useful.

4)A simpler color picker. A lot of people don't know how to use the color picker. It's super complicated! It should be more like the one in GIMP or Sai. I know, those are art programs and not games, but it would still help a lot!

Nice idea, but we do have topics with colour codes for when making a character. c: By colour codes, I mean the box's with the numbers at the side - But I have to agree by making it more simple.

Great ideas!
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:29:33 pm »
Mer opinions:
1. I would've thought that the idea of a single-player mode would just be like creating a map in map maker for yourself.... Or maybe even downloading a privet map. But yes, a single-player mode would probably be beneficial for some people but not a lot. Not keen on the story-mode though.

2. More animals eh? I really think the idea of adding "Bigfoot" or even a "Unicorn" model into the game would completely ruin the title "Feral Heart" ::)
No, FH is a game for Canines and Felines; because they are feral.

3. What Zaroque said~

4. Personally, I'm fairly happy with what we've already got, but if a lot of people agree with this, then that's my opinion blown into smithereens :)
Well that's it.
Not bad ideas you have there. Keep 'em coming!

Offline mintfang

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 05:30:31 pm »
Mer opinions:
1. I would've thought that the idea of a single-player mode would just be like creating a map in map maker for yourself.... Or maybe even downloading a privet map. But yes, a single-player mode would probably be beneficial for some people but not a lot. Not keen on the story-mode though.

2. More animals eh? I really think the idea of adding "Bigfoot" or even a "Unicorn" model into the game would completely ruin the title "Feral Heart" ::)
No, FH is a game for Canines and Felines; because they are feral.

3. What Zaroque said~

4. Personally, I'm fairly happy with what we've already got, but if a lot of people agree with this, then that's my opinion blown into smithereens :)
Well that's it.
Not bad ideas you have there. Keep 'em coming!

I thought feral animals were just wild animals.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 08:23:53 pm »
You're right, but I think what Fire is trying to point out is sticking to the Canine x Feline models.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline mintfang

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:31:45 pm »
You're right, but I think what Fire is trying to point out is sticking to the Canine x Feline models.

But why do we have to stick to that?
Change is interesting.

Offline donutforest

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:39:04 am »
I have some ideas. 1.Maybe we should add prey? You dont have to eat to live, but just for fun, but you can still eat. 2.Some more models ARE fun. People like ALOT more animals then just wolves and lions. 3.Maybe items? If there was prey, it would make RPs more realistic. Its not really fun when you type in on rp. "Drops rabbit down." It just kinda bothers me, alot of people doesent bother them, but still. 5.Maybe add some more actions, like 'limp' or 'lick' or even maybe add claws (Dang, going back to hunting XD) Also, the walking and running animations need to be worked on. These are just idead and I hope the staff sees them (Also KovuLKD) ^^