Author Topic: A few new offical maps ingame~  (Read 4474 times)

ZombieKitteh

Re: A few new offical maps ingame~
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 04:00:47 am »
Whats stopping them from making mods to the client like a lot of users and members of the community do. *cough*FH+*cough* And making a patch on the website?

I know you guys have the tools to open .fhm files and the like. Adding a portal to a new map or two isn't impossible, is it?

Offline xXThexDoctorXx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I am definitely a madman with a box.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 04:23:58 am »
I agree with what Zombie is saying. Its not that hard to make a patch for FH. To be honest with you, if we had a mod who could actually read codes then we would have had updates long ago :I Codes can be read and changed without the original sources. Just sayin' :I

Sorry for jumping in, just felt I should put in my two cents.

-ThexDoctor

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 05:22:34 am »
The point is that you say its simple to patch it, but yet if they had possibly let you try to patch, you wouldn't be able to. FH+ is simply a modified version of FH, meaning when you download maps, you modify it, its simply someone who has maps and they released their FH I guess you could say.

|| Preset ||

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 06:38:57 am »
I've tried disassembling feralheart.exe. Had no success. The unpacked executable is about 2.5 megabytes of binary code - and even more when translated to ASM. Now I think I would worship the person who can make a complex patch for FH executable without original source code :) But I still believe that it is possible to make FH report a newer version to server.
And I know that admins definitely have tools to decrypt FHMs, even user-made ones. So they can modify any map if they want to.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:41:24 am by Shell Prisoner »

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 08:46:22 am »
Being able to open FHM flies does not automaticly qualify to make changes that do work.
However of course we try, but we are all no computer nerds. The only one having a nip at computer stuff is Raz, and that with servers, not with game code. Different things.
As it was mentioned already above, if anyone of us wuld be able to crack up the exe and get the code out to modify it, we would possibly try since the original creator refuses to simply give the needet source. Everyone who thinks code stuff and programming is easy, should go to the Kito IT forum and get there source and digg into it. You will most likely not understand what line stays for which function.