Poll

Do you like when people are OOC for 5 hours?

YES!
Meh...
A little bit.
Nope
I do it ALL the time!

Author Topic: Warriors, OOC, and Whipped Cream.  (Read 3218 times)

Offline CornOnTheCob

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The more people I meet the more I love my cat
    • View Profile
    • my youtube channel
Warriors, OOC, and Whipped Cream.
« on: June 22, 2013, 08:20:26 pm »
Ok. I have removed the post after seeing the hate it was getting. I had no intention to try and sound rude and about the BlueStar vs. Bluestar I have corrected my point for I am obsessed with capital letters when it comes to names. I am sorry about these issues it was an insane day and I just went on a rant to bigger than needed sizes.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:14:22 pm by CornOnTheCob »
[/URL]
Howard: But you love that spot.
Sheldon: No, I love my mother, my feelings for my spot are much greater.

Offline Stormfrontier

• Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Geronimo!
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors, OOC, and Whipped Cream.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 10:27:37 pm »
Well, I wouldn't say all Warrior Cats rps are good, but you're definitely right about capitals in names. However, isn't it only the prefix in a warrior's name that is capitalised? Like Bluestar, Crookedstar for example.

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 01:32:32 am »
My reason for random OOC bursts; public maps just have so many distractions! Rpers rarely go OOC in private maps once the RP really gets going, and when they do the pace at which the IC posts are generated doesn't go down by much. I personally don't mind so much about Clan names anymore, even if I wish they related more to the actual theme of WC. I mean, there's hundreds, maybe even thousands of clans now! It's hard for players to find unique names for their clans, and if by chance two clans with the same name spot each other in the same map, prepare for a name-stealing argument that will annoy the skittles out of members within earshot. Meh, I'm good for now, can't think of much else to post.

~Warrior

Offline Lionzue

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Everything's cool--It's the future!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 01:58:42 am »
Bro, you understand, you're complaining about something you kinda are?

1. It's Legostar, not LegoStar. Only the first part is capitalized. Who looks like a child fool now? And too, not to.
2. INliterate? Really? You're complaining about people not spelling right and you spell illiterate as inliterate?
3. At least is two separate words.
4. Oh random off-topic spam how wonderful yeah that's nice.

P.S;
Whipped cream doesn't solve the world's problems at all, it worsens some--obesity for one. That stuff isn't healthy for you.
So pour the champagne, pour the champagne...

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 03:09:36 am »
Lionzue has a point here. Only the prefix is upercased...
And really, how they want to write there name is up to them, some could be very literate.
Best not to judge by one mistake...(Or lazy moment >->)
I will admit, i have forgotten to capitolize my cats names before, and I'm always flunking in my grammer on this game. (Dang keyboard ._.)
And with the OOC thing, alot of RPs may go there so they can discusse things that wouldn't have been said in the real RP, just so things are cleared up, and no uneeded fights break out. (Also so people can tell other if they are "God-modding" or "Powerplaying")
Lion is also right about how whip-cream is not good for you, and doesn't fix all of your problems. (And i understand if you ment it sarcasticly or as a laugh.)
(the changing colors annoying?)
[spoiler]And whats with the random spoiler thing, that contains info with almost nothing to do with this topic.?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 03:13:02 am by Mossstar1992 »

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 05:07:12 am »
Hmm... I had no idea there was some kind of law that prohibits people from being OOC in the world of Feral Heart. Wait a second, there is NO law about that at all! Me and some of my friends do it all the time. There's no shame in that.
Also, there's nothing wrong with Warrior Cat roleplayers giving their clans unusual names. If they want to derp around and give their clan a funny/humorou/unusual name, let them. It's their clan, not yours. If you don't like their clan names, them being OOC most of the time, or have mispelled names, just don't hang around them. It's as simple as that.
I understand your frustration here, but you shouldn't judge players so harshly for not capitalizing their character names, going OOC, or making clan names that are unusual. It's really none of your concern what they do. 
Inactive

Offline WhiteCrow

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • -The Divine Shadow-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 05:27:15 am »
Whelp. I'm not really a big Warrior Cat role player. I've joined a couple of them and they were alright. I have nothing against them.
How the capitalize their names, or what the name of their Clans is entirely up to them. As it should be. That's the beauty of FeralHeart, using your creativity to make characters you like. I personally don't mind the unique names, otherwise you would have people just reusing names (and some do). I myself can name off three of my characters that have unnatural -probably- WC names: Hollowshade, Ghostwhisper, and Shadowgaze. They probably aren't right but hey. I like 'em. They sound neat.

As for OOC, I don't mind it too much. I mean, if I'm in a role play and I log on that character like, four or five days in a row and all they do is OOC chat, I probably won't be in that role play long. If it's every now and again, that's totally fine. I've done that. But, I do like to have a little role play with some OOC chat mixed in. I think it's all just personal opinion, anyway.

..... I do like whipped cream though, good for you or not. Haha.

Offline CornOnTheCob

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The more people I meet the more I love my cat
    • View Profile
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 12:57:47 pm »
This post was intended to be mainly about those days when you wander around FP and people ask you to RP you say yes and they do this; -kills falconpaw in one bite-. And the OOC was directed to Sky's Rim. People there ALWAYS go OOC for like 5 hours until some popular RPer comes on and they all crowd him/her. And for the way to capitalize names I learned most Warrior information from my friend until I just read Warriors: Omen Of The Stars: Fading Echoes   I just dislike the people that act like they rule FH with a char that is bright neon and a wolf named {floofgorge}.

~Ashlynn
[/URL]
Howard: But you love that spot.
Sheldon: No, I love my mother, my feelings for my spot are much greater.

Offline TurtlezSoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • TurtezSoup. Your everyday dose of Turtlez
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 03:33:37 pm »
Ok, so yes Warrior RP is like the BEST thing ever but people bring it way to far. People don't understand. Put an upper-case letter at the start of your chars name! legostar (I am listening to the song Lego House >.<) just is NOT right. LegoStar is the way names are intended to be written. Please don't do this it makes you look like an inliterate child that has no idea how to RP.
Actually, that's a a bit mean is it not? A lot of people in this world struggle to write literally like others while other people learn at different paces. I had no clue had to RP when I first started, I'm fact, I quite comply god-modded and power-played. But I learned through patience and the kindness of others. How would you feel being nick-backed and being called a child because you were so new to writing? Some people are very young on here, remember.

Anyway, your being a bit of a hypocrite also, mostly because only the prefix of a Warrior Cat name is suppose to be capitalised (Bluestar, Kestrelfur etc).

(I hope I don't sound rude :c)

Siggy by Rustys!

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 08:29:12 pm »
I agree with the other people... calling people illiterate children who don't know how to Rp just because they don't spell a name right makes you both a hypocrite, and pretty stupid yourself. Only the FIRST letter in the name is capitalized. Ex: Bluestar, Firestar, Cloudstar, etc. So, by calling others illiterate for spelling a name wrong, you are calling YOURSELF an illiterate child who doesn't know how to Rp as well, because you, yourself, are also spelling names wrong.It would be Legostar, not LegoStar. If you read the books, you will see how names are spelled.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD