Author Topic: Another species?  (Read 1244 times)

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
Another species?
« on: July 12, 2013, 04:02:52 am »
So it came to my attention that there are A LOT of Equine RPs and characters out there. This is the horses and deer sort of species, if you didn't know. While they are often called "Worses" as they have to play on wolf avatars, I think they are a pretty cool idea. Now, I'm not sure if this is even possible, so I'm putting it out there to see what others think.

Would it be possible to have equine characters as well as feline and canine?

This would mean a third option when making a character, and deer, horses etc. could be a varied in size/species like the options we already have. Is this a good idea, or are people happy with the canines and felines?

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
Re: Another species?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:15:28 am »
Would it be possible? No, not without the game's main source code, which we currrently do not posess. Would it be a good idea? Possibly, though adding an entirely new model would require a lot of coding, new textures, markings, and actions.

Sadly, even if it was possible to add a new model, our game creator, KovuLKD probably would decide against it, since the feline-canine theme is really all that the game was meant for. There will be many new models in  the upcoming game Aro'kai however, which you can find out more about on your own time ^^

Offline snake_eyes

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 08:06:12 pm »
Would it be possible? No, not without the game's main source code, which we currrently do not posess. Would it be a good idea? Possibly, though adding an entirely new model would require a lot of coding, new textures, markings, and actions.

That's rather unfortunate. I like the idea of new species such as horses, birds, and bears. At least people have the creativity to emulate them with what FH already has.

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 07:23:10 am »
I am also aware that it would take a lot of time and effort for equine as a species to exist. It's probably the most common non-canine/feline RP, and I was just wondering if it was possible. Pity, but if its just not possible then thats fine.