Author Topic: Idea Regarding Markings  (Read 1770 times)

Offline StormClaws68

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Constantly hunting for RPs
    • View Profile
Idea Regarding Markings
« on: April 14, 2014, 10:53:25 pm »
Sorry if this has been said before!

I've noticed a lot of players have the Mass Markings pack (and a few other popular marking packs). I've also noticed that a lot of players (including myself) can't get MM due to lag and other glitches. Due to not having the pack, a large majority of people show up as marshmallows (white)

My idea is to officially add markings from MM (and others if needed) into the base game, so everyone may use the markings, and see other people's characters as they are intended to be seen. Not marshmallow.

Just a thought, let me know what you guys think of it  ;)

~Stormy

Kellin <3
Click here to view my characters!

If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Idea Regarding Markings
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:30:38 pm »
Hurm, I think that'd be cool. But only a few. Great idea, though! I like your creativity.~ :3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 12:52:48 am »
Yes, I've seen this idea everywhere. xD This would be extremely helpful as I hate seeing marshmallows everywhere.

I proposed an idea of this a while ago when the preset sync came out. I'm sure a similar process could be set up for markings and even items that players want to submit. The only problem I could see is the configuration files being updated with the markings. Maybe there can be weekly marking updates where someone organizes the file needed and submits it to the shared folder for the others. I'm not sure. But it would definitely be helpful to get rid of the marshmallows.

The other thing we could try is a mass marking list that everyone copy and pastes into the cfg file manually. Heck, that might even resolve the problem i mentioned above.

Though I am certain that not everyone will take advantage of this, it would be pretty nice to have. I doubt the game is going to be updated by kov. Maybe someone can arrange a mod that adds all that stuff in the game, though it would have to be updated regularly by that person and having a shared folder like the presets would be much easier.

Also a bit of a side note. If all the markings were to be added into the game, feralheart would need a new character creator layout. I can tell you there will way be over 100 markings if that compilation were to happen and it will be quite difficult selecting them with only the scroll navigation we have now to help us. (A mini search bar would be nice for each marking section.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:55:23 am by Arkanis Void »

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline StormClaws68

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Constantly hunting for RPs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:09:50 am »
A search bar, or a scroll BUTTON, not s bar you use to scroll down.

And instead of all the markings, maybe just the ones that seem to be used most often. Or if that doesn't work, then a mod will probably work out well.

Kellin <3
Click here to view my characters!

If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 03:13:04 am »
Marshmallows. Haha, I forgot about that!!!! |DDDD Nice one!~
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 03:14:29 pm »
It's about TIME.

I only have MM on one of my computers, and the other one /can't/ have it due to.... MAC problems -.-

This would fix a lot of things. And a scroll buttons would help immensely.

I think the scroll bar wants to kill us all

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 03:28:36 pm »
I'd really love to see this implemented into the game. I'm pretty sure no one like to see marshmallows walking around, especially in an RP. That's the worst. Lol
I think the likeliness of this being added is slim due to the fact that half the markings do not work. The .cfg(s) are lined up weird... Same kind of goes for items.
Also, if someone were to add this, they'd need permission from the creators of all of the markings, which right take a bit of time. Some may have left the game, meaning there's probably no way to contact them.
Lastly, people with slower computers may have difficulty with this because the added textures. It could create a bit of lag for them.
Adding this to the game would benefit players who don't know how to install markings, but I don't think it's worth it. 
I vaguely remember a thread like this. o-o

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 03:31:00 pm »
The thing is if we were to add mass markings with the default markings, then we'd probably have to ask the permission of all the people who originally created those markings to add them to the game setup. There's a lot of markings, and a lot of creators and tracking down all those people could pose a problem.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 06:54:04 pm »
Marshmallow floofs are humorous, but more markings and more visible characters would be nice. Maybe there could be a marking sync. Awesome idea, because almost half the other people I see are marshmallows. xD
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!